“Another Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Seattle
Belmont, California
“Another Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I recently spent five nights at the Crowne Plaza. I finally arrived at about midnight very tired, and was greeted by a very delightful Valerie. How anyone can be cheery at that time of night is beyond me--but she was! She immediately greeted me as a returning guest and rewards club member. Check-in took a couple minutes, and I was on my way to a beautifully renovated suite. I love the new look. As usual, I was greeted by every staff member I saw. I even met up with an executive in the elevator who told me that he had seen me before. The service and location brings me there and keeps me there! Thank you Valerie and Ray for making my stay a great one.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Port Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Within walking distance to everything downtown. An older property but well cared for. Room was clean and recently redecorated. Views of the skyline are amazing! Staff were very welcoming and seemed truly interested in ensuring our comfort. Parking is a mandatory valet at $30 per day which I feel is exorbitant but I'm not a "valet parker" so maybe this is within reason for some people. Overall a wonderful hotel and we will return.

Stayed February 2014
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Best downtown location, but for walking, be ready for a lot of hills! Upper floors have fabulous views so try to score a room with a view of the Space Needle and also away from the highway noise. Club room had nice continental bfast 6:30 to 10 a.m. and also snacks fm 5 to 7 p.m. Renovations underway, and our newly refurbished room was very comfortable and roomy. Front desk and bar staff were outstanding, concierge very helpful, and door staff were always ready to help with taxis. Uber app rides were quick and easy to obtain. Subway sub shop just out the door to the left for a quick sandwich. Convention center just 2 blocks away. Paramount Theater abt 5 block walk. Downtown close but again thoses hills! Thanks, Crowne Plaza!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place was just wow. My friend and I stayed here for Emerald City Comicon, and first impression... meh. The hotel itself was your average downtown major city hotel, all shininess and elevators, with posh restaurant names. We checked in around six PM after a great day of nerding out at the Con. Anthony at the front desk helped us. Anthony was great throughout our transaction, asking questions about my costume and being genuine about it; no judgmental stares, comments, or snickers, so... major props right off the bat.

Sadly, our room wasn't ready yet (no big deal for us) and to make it up to us, they offered us a couple of options "for our troubles" (when it really wasn't any trouble at all) 1) a king room with a free roll-away bed, 2) a free dinner in their lounge while we waited for our room.

A free dinner, you say? Obviously, the choice was clear. TO DINNER!

The service in the lounge was so-so, but it was dinner time and really, we had no place to be. After about an hour, Anthony actually CAME TO THE LOUNGE to tell us our room was ready and to give us our keys. Dang. That is some excellent customer service right there.

After dinner, we discovered the hotel had comped the entire bill, including alcohol. Free dinner AND booze? Five stars!

The room itself was comfy, cozy and CLEAN... they provided us fuzzy robes so we could be extra fancy in between costumes.

The rest of our stay was great, including, (but not limited to) extremely friendly bell-staff who helped with our luggage, the front desk manager and all of the clerks there (INCLUDING ANTHONY, of whom I am a huge fan) and housekeeping, who seemed to understand that 8:00am was WAY TOO EARLY FOR ROOM CLEANING.

One other huge thing that made our stay great (and really, this was important to us) was the fact that we were there for a Comicon... read: a giant nerd convention. And never once was I met with any judgmental looks, comments or gestures from ANY of the staff every time I walked through the lobby in full costume, so hats off to the Crown Plaza staff for their excellent professionalism and courtesy.

I would absolutely stay here again the next time I'm in Seattle. :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My room on the "quiet floor" was located on the side of the building next to the eight lane interstate. The room had single pane windows. I don't know if there was noise in the halls or upstairs because you couldn't hear anything over the sound of traffic. The room had been recently remodeled and was beautiful. My second night there I ended up pulling all the bedding into the bathroom and creating a bed on the floor. If you're going to spend that much money remodeling your hotel maybe you should consider triple glazed windows.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear BlissedDuo,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found the newly renovated rooms beautiful. It was disappointing to read you did not have a restful night's sleep. I am glad I had the opportunity to correspond with you personally regarding your stay. Our goal is to ensure our guest are comfortable and we meet their expectations. I am sorry you did not have an opportunity during your stay to request a room that you would be more comfortable in. For your next visit we will ensure we meet your expectations.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Cristy Smith
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great central location but hotel is getting old. New reno's in lobby and hotel room, however hallway still smells like old hotel, and my room reeked of oil paint. Woke up 9:30 am Saturday to hear hammering and power chiseling on the floor above. Saturday morning? Really?
Elevators notoriously slow. Gouged $90 for valet parking. Got sucked into their loyalty plan with offer of free internet. I said only if it's fast. Clerk said he would upgrade me to their highest speed. Speed was 400 Kb down and 300 Kb up. NOT FAST. Walking/Cab/Monorail distance to everything you need though. Will probably do a diff hotel next time.

Room Tip: Roll the dice!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Bs139,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you liked our location. We are truly sorry for the noise challenges you experienced and for not living up to your expectations with regards to internet service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed in a newly renovated room, and it was very clean, modern and had GREAT views. The hotel is doing a lot of construction, and that was one of the only downsides. In one of the elevators, the cardboard lining was falling and hitting people. Harmless...but not very professional.
My family was able to walk to Pike Market, the mall, the convention center pretty easily.

Recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area? Share your experiences!