“My Seattle Home Away From Home.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #35 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Belmont, California
“My Seattle Home Away From Home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I spent the first 4 days of January at The Crowne Plaza. I had a great time. This was my fourth visit in the past year, and it never disappoints. Customer service is king! After taking the light rain from the airport (at $2.75!), I was welcomed as priority club member and given the keys to my executive suite upgrade. Ten minutes after I was in my room, the front desk called to ask if my room was satisfactory! I had a beautiful view of the Space Needle and downtown. I was always greeted with a smile by employees. Housekeeping was excellent, front desk and bellmen were always ready to help. They were under construction (renovating rooms) but you could have fooled me. I never heard a thing, let alone saw a worker of any kind! I'll be back in a couple months, and look forward to staying in one of the renovated rooms. Thank you, GM Cristy Smith and your fabulous staff!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

From the 29th floor, you can see a lot of Seattle. Regrettably, we could not see the fireworks from the Space Needle. Fog really rolled in. Pity.
The hotel is very well run and a nice place to stay in downtown Seattle. It is close to everything; whether it be the library, restaurants.
The Club floors, beyond the view, adds on a number of perks that make the stay even more pleasant.
Rates very with occupancy levels; therefore, it is prudent to directly make reservations with the hotel.

Room Tip: Club Executive Floor Rooms offer a great view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahwatukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed 3 days after Christmas to enjoy the city. The location was very close and taxis right outside. We were able to take cabs to all the places we wanted to see for under 10 a ride. The staff is attentive and very responsive to requests. The restaurant has a nice happy hour and I think even complementary appetizers on weeknights? The halls / decor are a little outdated but, the suites were very roomy and comfortable. The only negative is that the windows don't open at all for ventilation after the shower and it got a little stuffy with condensation etc… Nice bathrobes to cozy up in. MOD pizza is just within the block and has the best pizza in town.

Room Tip: Get a view of the space needle on floors above 22. They are upgrading floors above 24 I think. The...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for nine nights across the New Year into 2014. We would stay here again should downtown Seattle beckon. The hotel’s location is conveniently located right in-between Seattle’s Medical district and Seattle’s downtown, with both in walking distance. Just across from the hotel is the very pleasant Jim Ellis Freeway Park. We have walked the entire Medical District from the hotel, and to the water’s edge with Pike Place Market, the piers and Washington State Ferries. We are both retired and can say they are reasonable walks. We took the Light Rail from the airport to University Station, caught a taxi for $7 (with tip) to haul us and our suitcases up to the hotel. Once checked in, the walk to the Light Rail is just 3 blocks down, 1 block over, very easy. Our room was spacious, beautiful downtown view, excellent HVAC, with the requested two beds, a refrigerator, no microwave, and just barely enough electric outlets for our gadgets. Parts of the hotel are under renovation which never disturbed us. We were in our room a lot, and housekeeping was excellent about refreshing our room when we requested it. The food quality from room service handled by the hotel’s Regatta Bar and Grill was excellent. It was so tasty we even repeated some evening dishes and the service took only 18-22 minutes after calling. If you want to buy some groceries, there is a minimal shop one block south of the hotel at 5th and Seneca, with a real IGA Grocery at 3rd and Pike. We slept really well as this hotel is quiet, though you hear the occasional ambulance running up into the Medical District. If you are an IHG Priority Club Member you’ll like the additional Continental Breakfast and Evening Snacks. Hotel staff were always friendly and helpful. Finally and essential nowadays, the wireless Internet service was reliable and fairly speedy. If you have a mess o’ dirty clothes we walked to Crystal Clean Laundromat, 1718 Bellevue Avenue, .8 miles, 20 minute walk, clean, a lot of machines.

Room Tip: Higher the better for great views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked a two night stay after Christmas via Hotwire (3.5*). We were given a "renovated" two-queen bed room on the 26th floor. My wife enjoyed the freeway view from the back of the building as she found the continuous movement of traffic to be strangely soothing. Hotel renovations are still in process on the lower floors, but we did not see or hear any activity.

This hotel is located among a cluster of other hotels, just east of the main shopping district (Pike and Pine streets). Pike Place, Seattle Art Museum and the Convention Center are nearby.

The renovated room was clean, and larger than average, but it needed some adjustments: the carpet was loose, heating unit was loud, bathroom drains were slow, room door could use a bit more sound proofing.

We we provided with free wifi by virtue of the hotel club membership, but reception was spotty in the room. TV had a good selection of HD channels and the usual pay per view content.

We did take advantage of the fitness center which had relatively new equipment, but it was a bit limited in size. Front desk staff were friendly at check-in and check-out.

3.5* is a fair rating for this hotel. Would probably stay here again if I can get the discounted rate.

Room Tip: Other reviews say that elevator noise is an issue, but we did not find it to be a problem.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very central location as it is a 15min walk from Chinatown (Bolt Bus), 10min walk to Pike Place and 5-7 min walk to the Convention Centre/Monorail to Space Needle. Only stayed one night so didn't spend much time in the actual hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Port Angeles, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I checked in on December 20th. We were taking the Amtrack down to Portand, leaving on December 21st at 7am. I use and rely on my cell phone for my alarm clock, it went off, I went and took a shower. I left it on the bed, I take 100% responsibility in that. Here is the problem. I realized it was there, I called immediately. NOBODY, would go and check and return it to the front desk. Again, I checked out at 7am, and called by 9am. Im not even sure if housekeeping would have even gotten to my room. I called 5 times a day for 3 days, I find there could have been a resolution when I called the first time. It was clear as day, that the staff did not care about my problem. That was very frustrating. Day 3 I get a call from Nick, he told me he would give my note to the manager, Christine. As they did express how awful I was treated nothing changed. Christine did tell me that she would check with Nick to see if there was anything new and would follow up. Nothing. I believe the least Crown Plaza could have done is offer to pay my insurance deductible. I know 100% my phone was on the bed, and I know if they would have cared my phone could have been recovered. So, if you leave anything behind, rest assure they will not care! I will never stay here, or recommend. Plus, the housekeeping staff speaks broken English....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear BrandiK,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with receiving a return phone call about your lost cell phone. I know this was very frustrating and we will review the procedures we have in place and make the necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future. We routinely find and return items left by guests in the guestrooms. Unfortunately, our Lost & Found Department did not find your cell phone. I regret any miscommunication that occurred during our phone conversation. It was my understanding I was to call you back if I found any additional information about your cell phone. Again, I do apologize for the misunderstanding.
Cristy Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area? Share your experiences!