“Great location, staff, rooms and food” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #43 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Juneau, Alaska
“Great location, staff, rooms and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for nine nights across the New Year into 2014. We would stay here again should downtown Seattle beckon. The hotel’s location is conveniently located right in-between Seattle’s Medical district and Seattle’s downtown, with both in walking distance. Just across from the hotel is the very pleasant Jim Ellis Freeway Park. We have walked the entire Medical District from the hotel, and to the water’s edge with Pike Place Market, the piers and Washington State Ferries. We are both retired and can say they are reasonable walks. We took the Light Rail from the airport to University Station, caught a taxi for $7 (with tip) to haul us and our suitcases up to the hotel. Once checked in, the walk to the Light Rail is just 3 blocks down, 1 block over, very easy. Our room was spacious, beautiful downtown view, excellent HVAC, with the requested two beds, a refrigerator, no microwave, and just barely enough electric outlets for our gadgets. Parts of the hotel are under renovation which never disturbed us. We were in our room a lot, and housekeeping was excellent about refreshing our room when we requested it. The food quality from room service handled by the hotel’s Regatta Bar and Grill was excellent. It was so tasty we even repeated some evening dishes and the service took only 18-22 minutes after calling. If you want to buy some groceries, there is a minimal shop one block south of the hotel at 5th and Seneca, with a real IGA Grocery at 3rd and Pike. We slept really well as this hotel is quiet, though you hear the occasional ambulance running up into the Medical District. If you are an IHG Priority Club Member you’ll like the additional Continental Breakfast and Evening Snacks. Hotel staff were always friendly and helpful. Finally and essential nowadays, the wireless Internet service was reliable and fairly speedy. If you have a mess o’ dirty clothes we walked to Crystal Clean Laundromat, 1718 Bellevue Avenue, .8 miles, 20 minute walk, clean, a lot of machines.

Room Tip: Higher the better for great views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

781 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked a two night stay after Christmas via Hotwire (3.5*). We were given a "renovated" two-queen bed room on the 26th floor. My wife enjoyed the freeway view from the back of the building as she found the continuous movement of traffic to be strangely soothing. Hotel renovations are still in process on the lower floors, but we did not see or hear any activity.

This hotel is located among a cluster of other hotels, just east of the main shopping district (Pike and Pine streets). Pike Place, Seattle Art Museum and the Convention Center are nearby.

The renovated room was clean, and larger than average, but it needed some adjustments: the carpet was loose, heating unit was loud, bathroom drains were slow, room door could use a bit more sound proofing.

We we provided with free wifi by virtue of the hotel club membership, but reception was spotty in the room. TV had a good selection of HD channels and the usual pay per view content.

We did take advantage of the fitness center which had relatively new equipment, but it was a bit limited in size. Front desk staff were friendly at check-in and check-out.

3.5* is a fair rating for this hotel. Would probably stay here again if I can get the discounted rate.

Room Tip: Other reviews say that elevator noise is an issue, but we did not find it to be a problem.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very central location as it is a 15min walk from Chinatown (Bolt Bus), 10min walk to Pike Place and 5-7 min walk to the Convention Centre/Monorail to Space Needle. Only stayed one night so didn't spend much time in the actual hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Port Angeles, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I checked in on December 20th. We were taking the Amtrack down to Portand, leaving on December 21st at 7am. I use and rely on my cell phone for my alarm clock, it went off, I went and took a shower. I left it on the bed, I take 100% responsibility in that. Here is the problem. I realized it was there, I called immediately. NOBODY, would go and check and return it to the front desk. Again, I checked out at 7am, and called by 9am. Im not even sure if housekeeping would have even gotten to my room. I called 5 times a day for 3 days, I find there could have been a resolution when I called the first time. It was clear as day, that the staff did not care about my problem. That was very frustrating. Day 3 I get a call from Nick, he told me he would give my note to the manager, Christine. As they did express how awful I was treated nothing changed. Christine did tell me that she would check with Nick to see if there was anything new and would follow up. Nothing. I believe the least Crown Plaza could have done is offer to pay my insurance deductible. I know 100% my phone was on the bed, and I know if they would have cared my phone could have been recovered. So, if you leave anything behind, rest assure they will not care! I will never stay here, or recommend. Plus, the housekeeping staff speaks broken English....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear BrandiK,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. I apologize for the difficulties you experienced with receiving a return phone call about your lost cell phone. I know this was very frustrating and we will review the procedures we have in place and make the necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future. We routinely find and return items left by guests in the guestrooms. Unfortunately, our Lost & Found Department did not find your cell phone. I regret any miscommunication that occurred during our phone conversation. It was my understanding I was to call you back if I found any additional information about your cell phone. Again, I do apologize for the misunderstanding.
St.Paul Mn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I first stayed here in the early 90's and then again about two years ago. Since my last stay they have embarked on a complete rehab. My room was on the 19th floor and had a great view of the city.
When I arrived they didn't have a room for me yet so I checked my bags and went for a walkabout. Within an hour I received a call that my room was ready. When I walked in I could still smell the aftershave of the guest before me.(Thankfully it was high quality and smelled good)
The room itself was clearly one that had been recently updated.New furniture,carpeting,wallpaper,all very tasteful and pleasing to the eye.
The bed was true to the Crown Plaza brand and more comfortable, I think, than even my bed at home.The bathroom was spotless and well lit.All in all a very nice property at this tier.
My only issue with the Hotel is that it is somewhat removed from the popular areas, i.e.; Pikes Market etc.I did not have a car and walking in Seattle is quite a workout.It seems no matter which way you're going it's uphill.
I would not hesitate to stay here in the future. In fact I am certain that I will. Happy Trails!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear butchpSt,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It was great to read we met your expectations and found the bed comfortable and bathroom spotless. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Regards,
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I was without a car, and glad to find that you can get to this hotel from the airport via the central Link--just get off at the University stop, and the hotel is maybe 3 blocks away. When I was checking in, the lobby was filled with a rowdy group of guys there for a Seahawks game. I requested to be anywhere away from them, and got a very quiet and spacious room. The hotel is walkable to theater, restaurants, and the monorail which takes you to the Space needle, Chihuly Glass Museum, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I will no longer be staying here due to their restrictive cancellation policy. I have stayed here before and it is a nice hotel centrally located. But I had to cancel my room earlier in the day I was to arrive due to a change in the business meetings I was to attend. The hotel charged me anyway. I do not dispute the charge, I just want to point out the hotel policy. There are many other nice hotels with much less restrictive cancellation policies in downtown Seattle for me or my colleagues to waste our money here.
Cary Honganen

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Cary Honganen,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you also for staying with us in the past. I am so sorry you were not aware of the cancellation policy for the reservation that was booked through Expedia. Your review does not indicate whether you called Expedia directly to request a refund. Since we do not have your credit card information we do not have the ability to refund your charges. We have several different ways to book a reservation on our Branded website at www.crowneplaza.com , tailored to meet our guests’ needs. We have rates available that are fully flexible and can be cancelled within 24 hours day of arrival.. We also have rates that we grant larger discounts with a more restrictive cancellation policy. We do our best to ensure the cancellation policy is communicated before the reservation is made. Please contact me directly at 206-676-3900 or csmith@cphotelseattle.com if you need further assistance after contacting Expedia. I hope you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Regards,
Cristy Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area? Share your experiences!