“Third stay here. Still like it” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
St.Paul Mn
“Third stay here. Still like it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I first stayed here in the early 90's and then again about two years ago. Since my last stay they have embarked on a complete rehab. My room was on the 19th floor and had a great view of the city.
When I arrived they didn't have a room for me yet so I checked my bags and went for a walkabout. Within an hour I received a call that my room was ready. When I walked in I could still smell the aftershave of the guest before me.(Thankfully it was high quality and smelled good)
The room itself was clearly one that had been recently updated.New furniture,carpeting,wallpaper,all very tasteful and pleasing to the eye.
The bed was true to the Crown Plaza brand and more comfortable, I think, than even my bed at home.The bathroom was spotless and well lit.All in all a very nice property at this tier.
My only issue with the Hotel is that it is somewhat removed from the popular areas, i.e.; Pikes Market etc.I did not have a car and walking in Seattle is quite a workout.It seems no matter which way you're going it's uphill.
I would not hesitate to stay here in the future. In fact I am certain that I will. Happy Trails!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear butchpSt,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It was great to read we met your expectations and found the bed comfortable and bathroom spotless. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Cristy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I was without a car, and glad to find that you can get to this hotel from the airport via the central Link--just get off at the University stop, and the hotel is maybe 3 blocks away. When I was checking in, the lobby was filled with a rowdy group of guys there for a Seahawks game. I requested to be anywhere away from them, and got a very quiet and spacious room. The hotel is walkable to theater, restaurants, and the monorail which takes you to the Space needle, Chihuly Glass Museum, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I will no longer be staying here due to their restrictive cancellation policy. I have stayed here before and it is a nice hotel centrally located. But I had to cancel my room earlier in the day I was to arrive due to a change in the business meetings I was to attend. The hotel charged me anyway. I do not dispute the charge, I just want to point out the hotel policy. There are many other nice hotels with much less restrictive cancellation policies in downtown Seattle for me or my colleagues to waste our money here.
Cary Honganen

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Cary Honganen,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you also for staying with us in the past. I am so sorry you were not aware of the cancellation policy for the reservation that was booked through Expedia. Your review does not indicate whether you called Expedia directly to request a refund. Since we do not have your credit card information we do not have the ability to refund your charges. We have several different ways to book a reservation on our Branded website at www.crowneplaza.com , tailored to meet our guests’ needs. We have rates available that are fully flexible and can be cancelled within 24 hours day of arrival.. We also have rates that we grant larger discounts with a more restrictive cancellation policy. We do our best to ensure the cancellation policy is communicated before the reservation is made. Please contact me directly at 206-676-3900 or csmith@cphotelseattle.com if you need further assistance after contacting Expedia. I hope you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.
Silverdale, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I spent a night in Seattle at the Crowne Plaza to celebrate our 25th anniversary and go the Christmas Carol play at the ACT Theater. They were nice enough to upgrade us up to the corner room with a really nice view of Seattle. To our surprise the manager "Cristy Smith" had an anniversary card with Champagne and chocolate covered strawberry's sent to room. That is "Top Notch" treatment. We just want to thank Cristy and her staff for an excellent stay.

Sincerely, Chuck & Karen McQuillan

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The hotel is undergoing staged renovations. The lobby and second floor restaurant are very nice. The morning breakfast buffet could use some improvement, probably not worth the price tag. My room was very pleasant, nice view.

The location was convenient for my meeting.

Hotel overnight parking seemed to be a little pricey.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our room must have been an older one. They are doing some remodelling according to their website. The room we were given was somewhat run down. Particularly the bathroom which had stains and some peeling wallpaper. Our beds were small, doubles, not queens. The sheets were pilly and rough and the bedding also was not cozy. The parking was very expensive and we chose to use a garage a couple blocks down that was half the cost. The staff were very friendly, especially when we had to ask for a shower curtain that was missing. The best part of this hotel is the location. I would not stay here again. It wasn't aweful just not as comfortable as I would like.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Pezheads,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Please accept my apology for the condition of the bathroom and that you did not find the bedding cozy. It was very disappointing to read that your room was not up to our high cleanliness standards. We generally score very high in cleanliness on Trip Advisor and guest surveys. Your comments have been reviewed by our Maintenance and Housekeeping Manager to use in their training efforts. We regret that you were not aware of the charges for overnight parking in the garage. Due to limited parking in the downtown Seattle corridor parking can be expensive. There are limited alternative parking options available with in and out privileges Prior to setting price we complete extensive competitive analysis to ensure we are in line with like hotels in the area. We are in the middle of our room renovations which will be completed the end of March 2014. All of our rooms with two beds will be converted to Queen beds. I hope you will stay with us again to see our upgrades. Thank you for your comments.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just had a 3 night stay in this hotel. It is currently being refurbished but you wouldn't know apart from the fact the club room has been relocated down to the 2nd floor in termporary accommodation. The hotel is very well located downtown and an easy walk to the shops, 10 minutes to Pike Market. The staff were very helpful and rooms were clean and well equipped. The views across the city from higher floor rooms are very nice. A very good hotel.

Room Tip: High floors give great views.