“No recognition” 2 of 5 stars

San Diego, California
“No recognition”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Good afternoon

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and usually have a decent stay. Although I didn't encounter an "problems" at the hotel, I have to say I am quite disappointed in the service I received. I only stay at ihg properties, travel quite often and have certain expectations being a platinum member, as well as an ex-manager of ihg. My keys were not ready upon arrival, in fact, I had to remind the girl checking me in that I was even a member. Her reply " oh, I didn't look in the right area". Then I get to my room, and I am in a room with two queen beds with a view over looking the freeway. Really? I didn't get any kind of upgrade? I was given the lowest grade room in your hotel. Not the way to treat a loyal, platinum member. I was scheduled to stay at another ihg property last night since this hotel was sold out, but because of how I was treated, I switched to a Marriott property.

The breakfast buffet. Very limited options for paying almost $20. And, the service is very slow and not very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear sdtravelguy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry about your experience at our hotel and that we failed to meet your expectations. We value you as a guest and appreciate your loyalty to IHG as a Platinum Priority Club member. I know we were sold out and you were booked into a standard room. We usually try very hard to upgrade our Platinum members as we know you travel a lot and have many choices when it comes to lodging and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. You should have been upgraded to our club level or given a view room with access to our club lounge. I am not sure what happen but I have reviewed your comments with our Front Desk Manager to use for training purposes. Our goal is to ensure you feel valued and appreciated and I apologize we did not make you feel this way. I regret you were disappointed in the breakfast buffet and would be interested in hearing what other items you would like to see on the buffet. Please email me at csmith@cphotelseattle.com.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and provide the type of service we pride ourselves at providing.
Thank you again for your comments.

Best Regards,
Cristy Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Poulsbo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hotel is within blocks from all shopping and eateries in downtown. Its also walking distance to Century Link Field to catch a soccer game which is the reason my buddies and I stayed in a hotel in downtown. A bit of a walk but weather was nice so worked out perfectly! Room was nice and the beds were really comfortable, nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I usually stay at Crowne Plaza hotels when I travel and this time was no exception. Due to the fact I am a Priority Club Gold member, I was upgraded to the concierge level which included a great view from the 34th floor, free continental breakfast and hors d'oeuvres in the evening. The staff was great and the beds in the Crowne Plaza are extremely comfortable. Nice modern lobby but the rooms are a bit outdated. All in all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher the better for great views, my view was of snow capped mountains.
Charleston, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

About 2-3 blocks away (5min walk) from the convention center and cheesecake factory. Starbucks are all over the place. There is subway next to the hotel, not sure if it's 24 hours or not. The food at the bar is not that good but didnt order room service, so room service might be better. The water is close to the hotel too, probably around 15min walk.

this hotel charges breakfast and wifi. Breakfast is 17 dollars i think and wifi is about 10 bucks i think.

i am not too excited about the room, appears to be like an old hotel being refurbished.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I really enjoy staying in Crowne Plazas when I travel for work. The rooms are always very clean and the beds are comfortable. I was lucky to get a room with a spectacular view of the water, mountains, downtown, and space needle - the perks of being on the 25+ floor!

McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was lucky to be upgraded to a room with a view when I was here. Otherwise the room felt slightly dated. But I can live with that when you have spectacular view over the Space Needle and the water front. The parking was valet parking and even if I had to wait a little bit it worked very wel even if you wanted to get and return your car several times. The location is good both near thenhighway and downtown

Room Tip: High up, facing north...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here for a conference. Hotel is 5 mins walk from the convention centre and close to all the shops. I arrived after a 20-hour flight from UK and when I tried to go in my room there was someone else in it!!! Not a great start. Desk apologised and upgraded me to a slightly better room. Breakfast was nice, service perhaps a bit slow, and a little pricey (but par for the course I suppose). Didn't try the restaurant. No complaints. A good business trip.

Stayed March 2013

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area? Share your experiences!