“My favorite hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Belmont, California
“My favorite hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm in day 2 of my 5 days in Seattle at The Crowne. This is my third stay in 7 months, and it never lets me down. The lobby remodel is completed and it's beautiful! Check in was friendly, quick, and efficient. As a Priority Club member, I was upgraded to the Club level with extras such as complimentary breakfast and beverages. The staff here is very friendly and accommodating. This morning at breakfast, it was busy and I noticed extra help clearing the tables. I was told it was the GM! That's impressive. A GM bussing and cleaning tables. Had I known it was her I would have introduced myself, seeing how she's been so nice via emails in the past. The elevators get busy, but holy smokes I'm not that much in a hurry!
Thank you, Crowne Plaza, Cristy Smith and staff!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights this past weekend on a Clipper Vacations deal. It was a great price and we will do the Clipper deal again, but will choose a different hotel.

The pros: The lobby is lovely. The staff were very nice and the wake-up call did come. The concierge recommended a lovely restaurant for us on our first night.

The cons:
The elevators are slow (there are 4 of them and yet line-ups grew in the lobby).
We were in a 6th floor corner room, which was the floor above renovations. Noise disturbed us one night but a heavy foot on the floor after 6pm quieted things down. Otherwise the room was quiet.
The biggest issues were the (1) bathroom, (2) windows that don't open and (3) the location wasn't good for us.

(1) The bathroom was like a jumble of renovations put back together again without making sense. No towel rack outside of the shower (why a rack is inside the shower, I'll never know), extra metal bars, rods and unusable soap holders (too narrow). The room was initially stocked with a single set of towels until we asked for more and there was no fan. The room must have been a wheelchair-accessible one because there was plenty of room but not enough furniture. One chair by the window and a desk chair that we wheeled over to sit together.

(2) The windows don't open, so no fresh air. My bad - I should have checked for this before booking.

(3) The location - we chose this because it was in between the International district (galleries) and the market/SAM. Unfortunately it was still a bit far away from everything we wanted to see/do, particularly because it was up hill all the way. If we wanted to go back to the room during the day for a break, we had to deal with the hill. With tired feet, it wasn't a pleasant journey.

These seem like little things but they all add up to an unsatisfactory experience. We do these little getaways a couple times a year and want them to be special. You might say that you get what you pay for, but we had a great experience at the Warwick last time and may choose to go back there even though it's further away than we'd like.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Colorado 1234015,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We were happy to read you thought the lobby was lovely and the staff very nice and knowledgeable. It was disappointing to read we did not meet your expectations. I regret that you were not aware the windows do not open in the guestrooms. Your room should have had more than one set of towels and a towel rack outside the shower. Your feedback is very important for us to identify areas in need of attention. It also gives us opportunities for training and/or resolving issues with our guestrooms. There are times we experience high volumes of guest using the elevators during peak times which can slow service down and we regret any inconvenience this caused during your stay. We are centrally located within walking distance to many restaurants, world class shopping and Seattle’s favorite attractions. Seattle terrain is hilly (the city is built on seven adjacent hills) so we recommend using Pike or Pine when coming back from the waterfront. Thank you again for sharing your views on your stay.
Regards,
Cristy Smith
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel a lot for work and really wanted to stay downtown Seattle for accessabilty...I used to stay at the Crowne Plaza for work and enjoyed it. Went for fun, had a great time, hotel was clean, lounge was reasonable, you can walk downtown easily, valet parking was awesome...Most of all, the staff was very nice and they gave me a great deal for the weekend. Most definately stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chilliwack
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I booked our hotel through Hotwire and was thrilled to get a great deal for a nice hotel. Great proximity to Pike Place Market and so many other great shopping areas of Seattle Downtown. An easy bus or cab ride to the Seattle Space Needle as well as other attractions.
The front desk staff were friendly and wonderfully helpful! Check in was uber-quick and we were in our room in no time at all. The room was spacious with QUEEN beds (thank you fellas). Clean and great views. In some respect the room was showing some aging but it was clean and felt nice. Overall impressed! Would definitely book here again!

Room Tip: If possible get a corner room, it affords a little more space and gives GREAT views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked using my Priority Club card over a week in advance so I got a really great rate of $116 per night including parking. I was there with my daughter and her best friend for a 3 day/2 night stay. We checked in and were given a code for wifi ad I am a club member and a corner room on the 19th floor. It was a great room. I was pleased when I checked the bathroom to find that the shower faucet actually moved. I am 6' tall and usually have to bend over almost backwards to wash my hair, so it was a nice surprise.
The hotel is only a out 8 blocks from Pike Place Market and is all downhill so it's easy to walk to but a cab back is less than $10 with a good tip.
The staff was all fabulous. They all remembered my name and greeted me every time I saw them.
I will definitely stay here on my next trip to town.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gladstone, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked this hotel through "Name Your Own Price" at Priceline and got it for $75 a night. We were in Seattle for a hip surgery, which didn't happen to due a heart issue (long story). Since I had earlier talked to "Dante" at the front desk to arrange for a handicap room, I called him after we found out we wouldn't be needing it.

We had experienced a very stressful day and "Dante" went out of his way to arrange a beautiful room on the 30th floor for us instead. It was a corner room with magnificent views of the city, the Space Needle, and the waterfront. The bed and pillows were amazing, the towels were soft and fluffy, the shower head had different settings and it had great water pressure. Also the wifi connection was very good in our room. Ask for "Dante" when you check in and he will make sure you are well taken care of!

At first I thought the $44 (taxes included) for valet overnight parking was expensive but the in/out privileges made it well worth it for us. Mike and all the valets were friendly, speedy, and always had a smile. Suggestion--If you are going to Pikes Market, save yourself the long walk and take a cab from the hotel. It is only $5 and it costs much more than that to park down there...if you can actually find an open lot!

We had Happy Hour in the bar one night and the service, quality of drinks, and food was outstanding. Because of so many doctor appointments, we sadly never got to eat in the newly remodeled Regatta Bar & Grille. It was a wonderful 3 days and we are looking forward to staying here again on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked through Hotwire and got a fantastic price. The location was convenient and the customer service was consistently great. We did read online before we arrived that valet parking was the only option at $36/day. We looked for nearby parking garages that might cost less, but couldn't find anything with available in/out privileges 24 hours a day. So, we decided to bite the bullet and pay for the valet service since we'd gotten such a screaming deal on the room. The valet service was fast, reliable and such a luxury. However, there were two things that slightly changed my mind about my Crowne Plaza experience. First, wifi cost $9.95/day. That's ridiculous. Second, upon checkout I realized that the valet service actually cost me $44/day because of local and state taxes. So, on paper, we got a great deal, but in the end, we probably ended up paying the same amount as any other downtown hotel that would have had free wifi and cheaper parking options.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area? Share your experiences!