I have used hotwire before and I have no complaints with the company. I was looking for a 3.5-4 star hotel in the Downtown Seattle area and I ended up with the Crowne Plaza. The location is great however, when we checked in we were asked for a credit card to put an $100.00 hold on for the remainder of our stay. Our room was already paid for through hotwire and I would have understood if they wanted a credit card to keep on hold but they actually placed an $100.00 hold on the card. We inquired about complimentary continental breakfast and the concierge said there was no such thing. Bummer.
After we settled that issue we were told that we had a view facing the ocean. Upon arrival at the room on the 26th floor there was no such view. I did not have the energy to go back downstairs and request another room. The next morning about 9:00 when I wanted to take a hot shower, there was no hot water. The water was barely luke warm so I called the front desk and they sent up their engineer who was very helpful and friendly. He mentioned the hotel recently replaced their boilers and that during peak bathing hours where everyone is competing for hot water the floors higher up get the short end of the stick. Seriously? He noticed that we were leaving and asked if we were going to get breakfast. I replied yes and he told me about the 32nd floor that was for members of the loyalty program, which we signed up for during check-in and the concierge never mentioned. At that point I was delighted to know that because the hot water wasn't working properly I had met the generous engineer who had taken us to the complimentary breakfast floor where the service was excellent, but I was beyond frustrated with the Crowne Plaza front desk and can only hope for a better experience (if ever).
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area Hotel Seattle
- Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area Hotel
- Seattle Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Seattle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel - Seattle offers a superb location in Downtown Seattle, close to everything great in the Pacific Northwest. A few blocks from the Crowne Plaza Hotel - Seattle, you can explore the historic Pike Place Market or the new Seattle Central Library; catch a Mariners game at Safeco Field or a Seahawks game at Qwest Field in Pioneer Square. Walk two blocks from the Crowne Plaza Hotel - Seattle to your meeting at the Washington Convention & Trade Center, then indulge yourself at hundreds of downtown stores, including Westlake Center and Pacific Place shopping malls. Explore the local waterways on an Argosy Cruise or on any of the major cruise lines. Click on the Packages tab for some great options to help you see it all!The Crowne Plaza Hotel - Seattle also puts you in the heart of the city s amazing arts scene, including the beautiful 5th Avenue and Paramount Theatres, Seattle Art Museum, and Benaroya Hall. The Space Needle stands just minutes away, casting its long shadow over Key Arena, the Pacific Science Center, the Experience Music Project and McCaw Hall, home of the Seattle Opera and the Pacific Northwest Ballet. Plus, the Crowne Plaza Hotel - Seattle is just four miles from the University of Washington with its Meany Hall and Husky Stadium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.