“Excellent Location and Very Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ace Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2423 First Ave., Seattle, WA 98121 (Belltown)   |
Ranked #28 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent Location and Very Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a wonderful experience staying at Ace Hotel this past weekend. I was a little nervous about the idea of shared washrooms, but when I arrived everything was very clean and very private. The rooms were well appointed with comfortable beds, robes and towels. Continental breakfast every morning was included in my stay and had a great selection of food and fresh brewed coffee.

For the price of the hotel, you could not beat the location!!! It is located in Belltown which is 5 minutes from the Clipper dock, a 20 minute walk from the stadium, 10 minutes from Pike Market, and 10 minutes from the Space Needle. I would definitely choose to stay at Ace again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place had helpful staff who promptly grabbed my bag and took it up the stairs. They were very helpful and friendly and gave a laidback impression whilebat the same time running a clean and well stocked hotel. The breakfast area was light and airy and there was an option for everyone which was better than most similarly priced places with a "free" breakfast.
I liked the room and thought that providing sleeping pills as one of the "minibar" options was a nice touch as I had chronic post Australia flight jetlag.
I was not wild about using a bathroom in the hallway but it was big enough to privately dress after showering. Unfortunately all the "deluxe" rooms with private bath were taken when I booked. This would be my first preference.

Room Tip: get in early for a deluxe room. I would give this place more stars if I had my own bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Seattle can be a very expensive place to stay - especially if you want to be downtown or in any of the interesting areas. The exception to this is the Ace. We always get one of the Shared-bathroom rooms - which at first terrified me - but the bathrooms are huge, spotless, and you never have to complete with other people to get into them. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff is really great. I've stayed in the Ace in both Seattle and Portland, and while they're a bit different from each other, they're both great.

Room Tip: Shared-bathroom rooms are way cheaper, and they are nothing to be afraid of. Seriously, the bathroo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

We have recently returned from 2 nights at the Ace Hotel. The highlights of this hotel would be the quirky styling and decor, which is something a little bit different to your average 3+ star hotel, and the location. It was located within walking distance from main public transport routes, the Pike Place Markets, the Space Needle, the Great Seattle Wheel and the main downtown retail shopping area. There were some nice restaurants and bars within a few blocks from the hotel also.

The room was well appointed, with an extremely comfortable bed, a desk, TV and hand basin. We did not have our own bathroom so used the shared facilities. There was always a bathroom available and these were kept very clean and had lovely body wash, shampoo and conditioner available. I would recommend this option for the money you save with the shared bathroom compared to the room with private bathroom - this just means more money to shop!!! However we found that the hotel often ran out of hot water in the mornings - poor pressure and luke warm showers is something you don't expect from a hotel and it wasn't at capacity either!

There are DVDs available in the hotel free of charge, which is a nice touch, and lots of magazines in the lobby - I also noticed a bookshelf if you are after a holiday read! The breakfast was also enjoyable - waffles, toast, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, orange juice, coffee etc! One of the better inclusive breakfasts we have had! And the staff were helpful and friendly!

The downside of this hotel for us was the noise level from the traffic! Our room was located on the Wall St side of the hotel so we had little bit of a water view. However it was very warm during our stay and the rooms do not have air conditioning (just a SMALL fan) so it was either not sleep because of the heat or open the windows and not sleep because of the noise..... There were ear plugs provided in the room but these did not help when the trucks were engine breaking to go down the hill. I would suggest requesting to be away from the road!

Room Tip: Request to be away from the road - the rooms with shared bathrooms are perfectly fine though!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

I stayed at the Ace on a recent visit to Seattle and loved it. Yes, it's a bit funky, but I loved it. The location is outstanding... Pike Place, the Waterfront, and Seattle Center are all within easy walking distance. Restaurants galore within a few blocks! I didn't even try the breakfast because there were so many great bakeries nearby.

While I didn't have much interaction with the staff, I found them very helpful.

My room was in the back and had a lovely view of the waterfront. It was quite and just the place to unwind after long days exploring the city. The carpet was a bit dated... and there was a divot in the floor in front of the bathroom, I was worried about losing my foot in. But once I knew it was there, it was easy to avoid.

As others mentioned, the stairs... oh the stairs. At the end of a long day, they could be more of a climb than I wanted. But overall, I loved the whole vibe of the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

We went in to the hotel knowing what to expect so we were prepared for a lot of things that are considered negative.

Yes, the windows are a bit thin, there are shared bathrooms in a lot of rooms - but this is why I found the place so charming. Earplugs are provided and bathrooms are plentiful and clean to counteract any negatives.

The room had all that we needed and felt cozy. We borrowed a DVD from reception on one of the nights, they have an eclectic mix of classics and contemporaries. The city and hotel guide provided was appreciated and done in the usual cool style of the place. The hotel was also less than 10 mins walk from Pike Place Market and situated nicely between downtown and the Space Needle. Loads of cool places to eat and drink around the Ace, the breakfast provided was excellent too.

Overall a cool place that just oozes style and sophistication!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Nice area of town, easy to get to from airport by train, good local coffee & services, very close to bell street cruise terminal and market. Helpful and friendly front desk staff. The bed was very comfy, and we have a shared bathroom. Great breakfasts with Free Wifi. Minus point is the noise from nearby bar and air conditioner

Room Tip: Try a room with it's own bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Ace Hotel? Share your experiences!