“boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 99 Hotels in Seattle
united states
“boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I loved the area in relationship to the tourism and the neighborhood was hopping with a cast of lovely characters, but then again it's Seattle, nuff said. The hotel was clean, the room was a good space and I enjoyed the decor. So what took a star off? If you need functioning and consistent Internet access is is NOT the hotel for you. When I inquired about it with the front desk, I received an ambivalent "there is nothing we can do" posture from the front desk which in this day and age is baffling. But then again I did choose the "artsy" hotel, so an ambivalent attitude is probably their version of customer service. Oh, they did suggest I try to jump onto the barber shop's WIFI below us. It never worked in the room. If we moved to the breakfast room, it worked but who wants to sit in an empty cafe area to retrieve their email? I don't think this hotel is any huge bargain but I liked it enough to not go through the hassle to move. I've stayed at several other boutique hotels in various cities (I prefer them) and this one didn't measure up to some of the others. I did like the decor and proximity to the places we wanted to visit, but I don't think I'd stay again. I'd give it three an a half stars if I could.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank joius24

Palm Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel gets consistently high reviews, but still the rooms are very mimimal and I believe in most cases have a shared bathroom. The location and price are great although staying on a Saturday it was noisey outside until about 2am. For Seattle the price of the room is very good. Staff definitely helpful and friendly. I did miss my own bathroom and probably would not stay here again except for an one night transit. Good walking to everything is a plus.

Room Tip: You ask for a room in a quiet location.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RugglesTravel
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for only 1 night on the end of an Alaskan cruise. The service was great, the rooms and bathrooms were well equipped and clean.

Location is excellent, walking distance to everything and some great restaurants and bars around made it really easy to spend our time in Seattle and see enjoy the city!

If we ever return to Seattle we will happily stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We only stayed one night, but wished we had more time here. Great location in Belltown, comfy beds and Ed at the front desk went above and beyond to make us feel at home.

If you have any interest at all in design, you'll be quite pleased...need proof? As we were checking out, a minor celeb from TLC/Home & Garden fame was checking in and taking pictures of the beautiful lobby!

Ace Hotel, I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love this place! I call it my "Seattle home" as I visit Seattle several times a year and I don't feel right unless I'm staying here. From the cheapest rooms, where you have to share a shower down the hall, to the fanciest rooms that make you feel like a freaking rockstar -- Ace is the best! Their beds are the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, their decor is just awesome, and the rooms are very minimalist but with everything a weary traveler could need.

The only negative: it's REALLY loud on Fridays and Saturdays -- there's a bar that plays loud music directly under the most affordable rooms, and there are a lot of drunken "whoohoo-ers" wandering beneath your window at night. To this day, the worst fight I've seen in my LIFE has taken place right outside the window to our room. BUT! That is to say, that's not the hotel's fault, just know that it's a lively neighborhood come night time.

The upside of the neighborhood is that EVERYTHING is within walking distance. Bars, restaurants, hair salons, etc. I wish I could live at the Ace Hotel in Belltown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Ace in Portland and knew what to expect with this property and were not disappointed in the least. Yes, you are sharing a bathroom/shower with the other guests but, you are lucky if you even see another guest. There are lots of shower rooms available and the only other people we saw were the staff, who were beyond lovely! Be warned that if you have an issue with stairs, this may not be the place for you as the lobby is on the second floor and breakfast is 2 flights down, but the front desk staff offered to bring up and take down our luggage, which was great and the breakfast room was worth the climb (Stumptown coffee = yum!). My only "complaint" was the fact that the room was a bit stuffy. There was a fan in the room, which moved the air a bit, but, being July, it was warm. Our room did face 1st Ave and was on the first floor, so opening the window was not an option (bar downstairs and traffic noise). When we go back (and we will) we will ask for a room that does not face the busy street. Cudos to the Ace people for having such a great product and having cool staff to man the helm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street. Some rooms are closer to the showers/toliets than oth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our room was small, but sufficient. We used the share a bath option and it was a great deal! Many bathrooms per hotel rooms per floor. Hotel, rooms and bathrooms were super clean. Besides not having elevators for the luggage, this place was awesome. Super location in Belltown. I don't believe they had parking, but didn't need a car as everything was so close! Efficient, helpful and knowledgeable staff. They had a laundry room for guests and kitchen we could use. Included continental breakfast!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family