“Good budgeted hotel stay with clean design and lively neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ace Hotel to your Saves list
Ace Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2423 First Ave., Seattle, WA 98121 (Belltown)   |
Ranked #30 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Good budgeted hotel stay with clean design and lively neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I choose to stay in Ace for a four days visiting in Seattle. We stayed in the shared washroom suite which doesn't bother us at all. The shower room is clean and always with nice music. Our room is not big but it's comfortable and cozy. The hotel said they gave us a more quiet room that the window is not facing the main street (1st Ave) but Wall street. But still you need ear plugs if you're sensitive to noise (they provide ear plugs in the room). Simple breakfast is nice. We didn't mind to go out and try other breakfasts in the town anyway.
The thing I love about the hotel is the look of it, no extra decorations. The neighborhood is very fun with many choices of bars and restaurants. A walkable distance to Pike Market and Downtown. Staffs at the front desk are nice.
The only one thing that bothers me more is that it is in an older building so the soundproof is not the best. Our room is very closed to the downstair restaurant's kitchen so we could hear their music sometimes. We didn't do it but if noises from downstair bother you, you could call the front desk.

Room Tip: Always try to ask for a quieter room. Bring slippers if you choose to stay in the shared washroom s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ace Hotel in Seattle is, in comparison to the one in NYC, very small and very bright. But still, very modern, tasteful and with a very helpful staff. I stayed in a double (w/ our own bathroom) with my mother. The room (121) was facing the water and had a TV, couch, desk + chair and a queen size bed. Since I am not one to hang out in the hotel room when traveling, I was pleased with my stay! The bed was really comfortable, the room clean and there was a snack bar if we had the munchies. A bonus also for coffee and tea that is always available in the breakfast room.

Breakfast was definitely OK, but I am Swedish which means I am used to more savory stuff. Here, it consists of a belgian waffle with maple syrup, sweet yogurt, bread, granola, fruit, coffee/tea. Simple but tasty, although we chose to have breakfast out of the hotel two of our three mornings.

Location wise it is very close to downtown and the space needle, but if you like the more vivid nightlife aspect of Capitol Hill, I advice you find a hotel around there. Having said that, I do think that Belltown is up-and-coming and I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends.

Room Tip: I read the rooms towards the street (above the bar) are noisier. We had one facing the backside (= t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Nice location, lovely view over the sea, friendly staff and decent breakfast. I would stay here again! Two things to improve: reading-lights and a hand-shower, if you don't want to wet your hair... But lovely!

• Stayed December 2012
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Clean, hip, minimal yet stylish room. Helpful staff. Great location- can walk to just about everywhere. A must if you enjoy night life and excellent small restaurants. A much more urban setting than the more touristy shopping areas of Seattle. This is a great hotel for couples, as they value your privacy (no housekeeping unless you ask for it). Love the downstairs 'kitchen' where you can get coffee / tea or snacks 24hrs a day. Appreciated the free wifi, and the little extras. Parking, if needed, is about 2-1/2 blocks away and that was the only downside when I needed to check out at 4am and walk in the pouring rain in the dark! Also, pack light as they don't have an elevator, you will be carrying your luggage up and down those stairs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Comfortable and accommodating. The Ace Seattle was a good place to call home for two nights. A location slightly off the main circuit - but close to many places to experience: Pike Place Market and Space Needle, for sure. But don't miss Olympic Sculpture Park and Chihuly Garden and Glass and a walk along the water's edge. Found the room comfortable and efficiently arranged. Solo traveler so it didn't feel to small or tight. Happy to have a desk and free wifi along with sink in the room. Shared bathrooms were clean and never crowded, so it made that aspect of the Ace very easy. Breakfast is similar to many with granola, yogurt, fresh fruit and make-it-yourself waffles along with Stumptown coffee. Liked the space a great deal - a converted building with high ceilings and good feel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was our second stay at an Ace (Portland previously). Exactly what we expected it to be. Reclaimed, renovated old character building in quirky Belltown. Great location, easy walk (5-ish blocks) to Pike Place Market, Space Needle, etc. yet lots of interesting restaurants, bars in the neighbourhood.

We got a deluxe room in the back corner (#119) that had a view of the side street and a partial water view. There was a funny divot in the old floor under the carpet. I was finally taller than my girlfriend! Comfortable bed, flatscreen TV, leather couch, free wifi. Rudy's Barber Shop toiletries. The sink didn't have much surrounding counter space.

Note: The windows are double pane but the nature of the old openings means the windows don't fit perfectly which means you will hear traffic noise more than you would expect.

Friendly staff, apparently a free waffle breakfast downstairs.

Its not perfect, but I'd take it's character over some generic mega-chain any day.

Room Tip: Room 119 is a corner unit with partial water view and street view. NW facing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I have spent many nights at the Ace Hotel over the years and I couldn't be fonder of the place. That said, we hadn't been there in at least a year when we realized our keys were locked inside my apartment sometime last month. It was after midnight and the resident manager had apparently gone to bed, so we walked into the Ace and were immediately checked in to a simple room with windows overlooking Wall St at the reasonable nightly rate of $89.00. Check in was quick, simple and casual.

I was sad to see that the chess board in the lobby was gone, but they do have a computer available for guest use and a hip selection of complimentary magazines. Our room did not have a private bathroom, just a sink. The shared bathrooms were clean, white and spacious and there was never a line to use them.

The complimentary breakfast is quite possibly the best thing about the Seattle Ace Hotel. It's self serve, available from 6-11am and delicious. The breakfast room is accessible to guests at all hours and is equipped with a snack machine, coffee, a microwave, dishes and a coin op washer and dryer.

There are a couple rooms that are really cool, 116 features a spinning glass mirror wall between the bathroom and bedroom as well as a private terrace (if I recall correctly) and 128 (as well as others) has a sexy glass wall between the shower and bedroom. Many of the rooms feature Shepard Fairey type stencils on the walls and minimal, modern furnishings.

Room Tip: Two of my personal favorites are rooms 116 and 128.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ace Hotel? Share your experiences!