“Great value, wonderful location.” 5 of 5 stars

Kings Inn
2106 Fifth Ave., Seattle, WA 98121 (Belltown)   |
Ranked #82 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
“Great value, wonderful location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was a little nervous about this hotel after reading some other reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. The location is perfect, it was an easy walk to the Key Arena and also Pikes Market. The rooms were on the small side, but very clean and comfortable. The pillows were large and fluffy, the sheets were new. One of the best things was the free parking. We just left out car parked and used the public transportation for anything not within walking distance. Wifi was very fast, better than I have found in way more expensive hotels. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend the little extra to get a suite if microwave, coffee maker and fridge are important to you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I was really expecting the worse after reading some of the reviews about Kings Inn. However, once I got to our room which was the suite with two double beds I was pleasantly surprised. Yes the decor is a bit outdated but the room itself was equipped with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The bed is comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep and the construction didn't bother us at all. The big plus about this place is the location! Walking distance to all the tourist attractions, grocery store, bar, and diner. I would def stay here again for the reasonable price and location.

• Stayed November 2012
Baghdad, Iraq
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Read the initial reviews on trip advisor and wondered if I should take out extra medial insurance for my three days here.

We came to Seattle like the throngs of Canadians to shop in the outlet malls so our priority was to spend most of the days/nights out, use a room to sleep and use our pennies to shop.

So with that in mind, here's the latest rub on the Kings Inn. It's a simple place to stay, cheaper than many options but it is basic. however, unlike previous reviews may imply, it isnt that bad that you fear waking up in a bathtub minus a kidney.

Positives:
it's clean: sheets, towels, walls all freshly clean and non smoking room was exactly that; it didn't smell of smoke or any other unpleasant wafting odor for that matter.
Location. It's a safe area to walk in and very close to all major downtown attractions.
Parking. Enough of it and seemed safe.
staff. Were very helpful in giving directions and advice
Wifi. Very fast wifi, skyped the family to let them know we were still alive with no issues.
Food. Good food locations for breakfast next door and dinner just a stroll away.

Negatives:
Noise: construction in the area meant it was a little loud for a sleep in.
Age: It is an older complex, older fittings and a bit rag tag. don't expect the Hilton or even holiday inn express standards. But again, it's clean enough. Take the stairs, elevators a bit rough.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Kings Inn and foolishly paid with my credit card. When I got my statement two weeks later I was charged an extra $100.18 for a broken toilet. Visa told me to phone the Kings Inn and the desk clerk told me there was nothing he could do. The toilet was working fine when I checked out. Beware when staying at scuzzy motels like the Kings Inn in Seattle! Pay cash or better yet don't stay there at all.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I have just been traveling around the US for a month, and ended up in Seattle where we had made a reservation at the Kings Inn. The location seemed amazing and the prize reasonable. The day before we went to Seattle, we went on Tripadvisor to check out the motel. We were not happy with what we read! We usually always check the reviews before we make the reservations, but for some reason we hadn't this time. We thought about going to a different hotel and even did a lot of research on it, but ended up going the Kings Inn, as we really wanted to be in the downtown area, without having to blow our budget.
The room was fine. Not big, but reasonably clean and not a "closet" as described by others. If you are used to staying in motels, you probably won't be horrified by this one. And yes, it's noisy. You will be able to hear the construction and the light rail just by, but we weren't bothered. One night a bunch of teenagers were having a party in two of the rooms, which was very loud and annoying, however complaints were made, and the party stopped just after midnight. Overall we were happy with our stay, because the location was all we had hoped for. The motel is not amazing, but for the prize, you can't do better in downtown.

Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

. I do not have an agenda to Ruin the reputation of any establishment, but I also do not lie about incidents that happen to me. My wife went in to talk to the hotel employee and said as we walked around the other rooms they were situated fine so she asked if there was any other rooms that we could move to because the dresser and the table were positions so you could not get in bed or use the dresser. He told me that they were booked up and there were no other rooms available also told the price of the rooms and he said they were more expensive than orbitz but I talked to other guests that paid less and also thought the rooms were low class. I think they have a crappy rooms for orbitz customers and if this is what I get by using your company it will not happen again. There are may vacation places available. I am attaching pictures to this email so you can see the room you offer on your site. there is also another petty thing but for the money we paid I expect towels that are thicker than a paper towel. Needed to use two towels to dry, there no plug for the tub and the handles stuck out three inches from the wall and were dirty. The fan on the wall mad screws sticking out and there were light bulbs missing. It totally sucked.

vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Let's face it, you are looking at this place because you don't want to drop anywhere from 200 to 400 bucks to stay at the Best Western or Red Lion etc... So what do you expect?

The reviews I've read are fair on their own, so if one of them speaks to you, believe THAT one.

The Kings Inn was built during the World's Fair era and it probably hasn't changed much. The lot was clean, our room was clean, and everything had a fresh coat of paint on it. Sure the rooms were small and dated, but in my opinion everything was okay. Our bed was fine, a little worn sure but still fine. I've stayed in worse guest beds in friends homes.

As for the clientele, there was a computer convention in town, bumper shoot, a Husky's game and a Mariner's game all on the same weekend. I think we had a cross-section of those folks staying in the building. There was a little rumble of noise outside but the Night Clerk was quick to talk to the noisy parties and deal with the issues.

I'd guess that it won't be there much longer because of the Condos going up around it and I'm sure that lot is worth a mint.

I rated it as Average for what it is. Please ignore the Terrible rating for Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre because they don't exist, and once you rate an item, TripAdvisor won't let you Unselect it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kings Inn? Share your experiences!