My girlfriend and I stayed at the Inn at the Market for 5 nights in August 2013 and I have to say, we loved it. The pros and cons for our stay are as follows:
• We had the hotel car meet us at the airport and the driver was on time, the car was comfortable, the driver helped us with our bags, and we were whisked directly to the hotel for just a little more than a taxi would have cost.
• We arrived a bit early and our room wasn’t ready, but the bell desk stored our luggage and we were able to go explore Pike Place Market for an hour or so before checking in.
• Location, location, location. Right in the heart of Pike Place Market, the location could not have been better for us (we are tourists, after all). The hotel is also just a few blocks from the monorail to the Space Needle. Or, if you are like my girlfriend and I and like to wander, the Space Needle is just a 20 – 30 minute walk. This also gave us the opportunity to explore some of the great shops and bars/restaurants up 1st Avenue through the Belltown section of Seattle (fantastic mac & cheese and velvet paintings collection at the Cyclops Grill & Lounge!).
• Access to great food. OK, so this is another plug for the location, but we not only ate at some great restaurants in the area (e.g., Seatown, Le Pichet, Café Campagne, Matt’s In The Market, etc.), but we grabbed some great fresh food in the market (i.e., fruit, cheese, bread, oysters, cured meats, and wine) for a picnic.
• The deck at the Inn at the Market for above mentioned picnic (see photos)! We were lucky to have fantastic weather, but the views from the deck at the hotel are truly fantastic. It is on the 5th floor of the hotel and overlooks the market and the Puget Sound. To be clear, this is not a bar, but a public space for people staying at the hotel to use – which we did on several occasions! Indeed, it became a bit of an oasis for us.
• The room was large and well appointed (an in-room coffee maker! – unlike almost all Hilton hotels now). The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and there was a safe in the room.
• The bathroom was also large and well appointed with plenty of towels and good products (e.g., shampoo, lotion, etc.).
• The staff at the hotel were great - professional while being warm and welcoming, helpful without being pushy.
• And finally, I have to say, the minibar prices are surprisingly reasonable. When was the last time you saw that!?
• Very few and very minor. First, when our room wasn’t ready initially, the girl at the front desk took our number and said she would call us when the room was ready, which she did not do. It did seem she was covering for the regular staff briefly and she was young (thus the use of the term “girl” – I would be surprised if she was out of her teens).
• There only seemed to be one icemaker on the 6th floor, which made it a slight trek to get ice.
• We tend to be somewhat “green” in our approach and were a bit disappointed to see that there was no hotel card, as in many hotels today, to notify staff to reuse towels and not change linens daily. Perhaps our room was just missing one and the hotel does actually do this?
• Finally, the shower curtain in our room was hung too far inside the tub, so that it kept sticking to you when you showered.
All in all, the cons are really just nit-picky stuff that I honestly had to reach for, and none had the slightest impact on the overall quality of our stay. The hotel is certainly not inexpensive, even by Seattle standards, but I can’t imagine anyone thinking it should be, especially given the pros I’ve listed. As such, I highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay in the heart of Pike Place Market with easy access to many of the other downtown sights of Seattle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn at the Market is the only downtown Seattle hotel located directly in the famous Pike Place Market. Inn at the Market's ivy-covered courtyard is a tranquil hideaway, just steps away from the vibrant atmosphere of Pike Place Market and the Seattle waterfront. Inn at the Market offers Pacific Northwest style and comfort surrounded by downtown Seattle's most acclaimed restaurants and iconic landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Inn at the Market reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Market Hotel Seattle
- Hotel At The Market
- At The Market Seattle