“Best place to stay by Pike Place Market” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Pine St., Seattle, WA 98101 (Pike Place Market)   |
Ranked #2 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chandler, Arizona
“Best place to stay by Pike Place Market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on a road trip, the room/bed/lobby/service were all impeccable. Our room overlooked a side street which I thought might be noisy, but no, we barely heard sounds from the street. Weather as also perfect so we enjoyed the roof top deck overlooking the Sound. Walking distance to great restaurants, coffee shops, and the Market. This is a real jewel.

1,574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was the perfect choice for our two night stay in Seattle. Walking distance to many excellent restaurants, and of course the market! The rooftop deck was perfect for us, as we had a city side room, we could still enjoy the views of the market and water.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed one short night while on a business trip and debated keeping my stay here or moving to another hotel. I ended up staying because of location and price. It was a great decision.

I was upgraded to a partial view room but I also made sure I went up to the terrace to see the view in the morning before checking out. Great place to have a morning coffee!

The water pressure was excellent, and I appreciated double shower heads with one being adjustable. My favorite feature was the underbed lighting...I don't see it in too many hotels, and I'm used to staying in nice, upscale hotels through my work. I appreciated the adjustable lighting and plenty of it, the two window seats I had, and free WiFi.

My only complaint for this particular room was I heard trucks for the market early (5:30 am) due to my room location, but I was already starting to wake up anyway.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. I normally vacation only where I can use points, but if I were to return to Seattle, this would be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you can afford it and are staying longer than one night, select a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Camas, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

For several years we have spent our anniversary at Inn at the Market. The location at the Market, near the Seattle Art Museum, Monorail, and now the South Lake Union Trolley is perfect. We love the view of the bay, the ferries, from both our room and the common terrace on the 5th floor. The staff truly seem to want you to have a wonderful time. While it rained a bit each day this year, it didn't detract from the great time we had. We arrived on Amtrak and easily took a bus directly to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for making the Inn at The Market your hotel of choice when visiting Seattle. For your next visit, please feel free to contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com and I will be happy to assist with arrangements.
Best
David Watkins
Clarksville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My sister and I brought our mother for a five day vacation in Seattle and used the Inn at the Market as our home base. It was a true delight - a gem in the midst of a busy city. The convenience of the Pike's Place Market just steps away and the assorted businesses and restaurants that surround the area makes it a true treasure. The roof-top deck made for a pleasant respite after a day of touring. Easy access not only to Pike's Place Market, but also the Seattle Art Museum, Myrtle Edwards Park on the waterfront, Pioneer Square, ferry to Bainbridge Island and to public transportation options to and from the airport and monorail to and from Seattle Center (Space Needle and Dale Chihuly Glass Exhibition and Garden) ... perfect location - wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Water front rooms offer a wonderful view of the Puget Sound ... port activities, ferry activities, m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
Thank you for highlighting the Inn at The Market in this review. Our 5th floor deck is the perfect spot to watch the activities of Pike Place Market and the sweeping views of Puget Sound. We hope to see you visit in the near future.
Best
David Watkins
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Inn at the Market couldn't be any better than it is - the location, service, friendliness of the staff, furnishings of the room, and the spacious deck with wonderful views! I even saw Mt. Rainier on clear days. The location is right by Pike Place market, a do-able walk to the convention center, and close to bus lines that take you all over the city. The staff is so friendly, in a natural, not fake way, and incredibly helpful. My room was very spacious with a comfortable bed and luxurious bedding, a separate entry way with a wardrobe, safe, fridge, and counterspace. The bathroom is big and modern. One of the best parts of the hotel is the deck. There are tables, chairs, and lounges, and just amazing views of the water and on clear days the mountains. The only addition I could ask for would be umbrellas that could double as sun and rain protection. This hotel is perfection. I felt at home and didn't want to leave. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very friendly and helpfull staff, perfect location, comfortable rooms (ours was on floor 8, partial waterfront view), top quality linen and pillows. So what's wrong ? Nothing really, but... given the room price, bathrooms (at least ours) could and should be modernised (sink and bathtub/shower), and given the noisy neighborhood (which is also part of the pleasure being there), double windows would be nice, as well as a more silent aircon unit, with adaptable air stream as we do not enjoy having cool air blowing on our faces...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at the Market? Share your experiences!