“Will never stay anywhere else when in Seattle!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Pine St., Seattle, WA 98101 (Pike Place Market)   |
Ranked #2 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Escondido, California
“Will never stay anywhere else when in Seattle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I came to Seatte for a long weekend. I read many reviews on all the hotels in the area. I am so glad we chose the Inn at the Market. Our stay could not have been any better! The rooms are clean and comfortable. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are more spacious then expected. Housekeeping service was excellent.

Our waterfront/market view was absolutely amazing! This was our first visit to Seattle as 'tourists'. We've been previously on business trips but were never able to enjoy downtown or the sites.

The location of the Inn could not be better. It is within walking distance of everything! It's right across the street from Pike's Place Market and so many great shops/restaurants.

The staff at the Inn really made our trip special. They are all so nice, knowledgeable and helpful.
Thanks again Taylor for arranging everything from our champagne & cheese tray, car service and restaurant reservations!

We will be back in Seattle next year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: Waterfront suite is the way to go!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for selecting the Inn at The Market as your hotel of choice when visiting Seattle. I have passed on your kind words to Taylor and the rest of the team, I believe they also read all the reviews as well. When you do plan on returning please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to assist with arrangements. For the readers of tripadvisor please let us know if you are celebrating a special occasions at the time of your reservation.
David

1,623 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
danieldd04
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I was having an amazing night at this hotel with my girlfriend and it was ruined by a hotel staff member. The room was fantastic, the view was great. The location was convenient. Everything was looking towards a gleaming review. HOWEVER, after going out for a while and returning to our room we decided to check out the roof deck where, well, ill just say I had planned on proposing but there was another guy out there who was a little drunk which was fine. He was very nice. He said he used to work at the hotel. He was being loud NOT ME. I was just silently looking at the view provided. Then a hotel staff member, must have been angry at the other guy for being too loud and came out and told me to GO BACK TO MY ROOM OR ELSE HE WOULD CALL SECURITY! Really?! Never in my life have I had a hotel staff member give me a curfew, tell me what to do. I've never been so disgusted or embarrassed in my entire life. Life changing moment was ruined! Also I didn't know the guy but to
Avoid having security called on me I had to drag him up to MY ROOM where he lingered for a while when me and my girlfriend were just trying to go to bed. I can't go on enough about how terribly this turned one of the best nights of my life into an embarrassment.

Beds were comfortable. View was pretty good. I had my room upgraded but it all means nothing if im going to get told what to do like a twelve year old. But if you'd like to stay somewhere at about the same price with better staff and a better view STAY AT THE EDGEWATER! I had heard good things and tried changing up where I stayed and made a mistake. I blindly chose a hotel to be a spot where I'd make a life changing move and it was ruined. If you don't mind hotel staff with the wrong approach: stay here. But ill tell you I've stayed at the Sheraton in Seattle. The Edgewater numerous times and this hotel was the least hospitable of any hotel anywhere. I'm genuinely embarrassed to be blamed and held responsible for someone else's actions and having my night ruined because of it. Not only by someone who worked at the hotel but also someone who used to work at the hotel so obviously this hotel or "inn" hires questionable people. I do recommend marche, the bar, people there were very nice but that will be another review.

• Stayed February 2013
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Readers of Tripadvisor:
The claims of of this guest are not as he has stated, our staff is known for being friendly and helpful. If there are any readers that are concerned about this review, please contact me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first stay at the Inn at the Market and it won't be our last. Everything about it is right including service, decor, staffing, location, staff's knowledge of area, events and attractions and free internet access. It is, as noted in previous reviews, located just outside of Pike Market and well within walking distance to shopping, museums, galleries, the tram that takes you to the Space Needle, some great restaurants and the various ferries to the islands. We walked everywhere we went with no difficulty.

Room Tip: We loved our harbour side room on the 3rd floor which provided us with a great view of the market, h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great quaint hotel. It is convenient to most downtown areas, everything is within a mile walking distance (Paramount Theatre, Space Needle, the original Starbucks Store, several restaraunts and shops, and of course the Market). The staff is very friendly. The beds are amazing, actually looking to purchase the line of mattresses they use at the hotel. Definitely will stay there again!

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a short, business trip to Seattle last week. Normally stay at the Four Seasons but I opted for the Inn at the Market because I had some spare time before my meetings and thought the location would be ideal for exploring. I was right. Directly across the street from Pike's Place Market along the Puget Sound, the Inn was charming, quiet enough and definitely not the "cookie cutter" hotel. Some of the Inn had been recently renovated and I understand there is more to come, but it was elegant enough without being ostentacious. I stayed in a water view suite that was quite nicely appointed, the bed and linens were GREAT!! Only there for two days but would absolutely go back without hesitation, (and I am a hotel snob).

Room Tip: Water view suite was perfect!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for making the Inn at The Market your hotel of choice for this past visit. We have recently upgraded our highspeed wireless with a large pipe and stronger signaling devices that make for fast and speedy uploads and downloads. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The swift friendly service makes this quintessential Seattle hotel one of our favourites. If you're coming in for the weekend and taking in shopping, theatre, or just a runaway food tour in this urban Mecca of culinary delights, than the Inn at the Market is your perfect refuge.

Valet, front desk and housekeeping all exceptional and quick to assist. Recommendations from the Concierge included Marche (located across the Courtyard), pop in for a fabulous happy hour with wines at $5/$6 by the glass and amazing dry roasted mussels. Have the farmers board. The cheese is sublime. Next stop Matt's in the Market. The Concierge team knows their food and this restaurant was amazing.

When sleeping off the food coma, fall into a cloud Ike bed with the best pillows we've encountered.

This Inn is classic in its appointments, with slight modern touches. This is not a trendy boutique but a time tested and true elegant hotel with gracious service that will not disappoint.

Room Tip: There is no pool.... But we can untag the pool selection.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our long weekend trip to Seattle was fantastic, mostly due to the stellar accommodations provided by Inn at the Market. We were delayed arriving into Seattle and didn't check in until after midnight. They had saved the last room for us, and while it was comfortable, it was a wheelchair accessible room on a lower floor. I'm a sucker for a long soak in the tub, which we mentioned to the front desk and the next day by noon they moved us to a larger room with a partial water view (and a tub!). The service at this hotel is fantastic. The beds are as close to sleeping on a cloud as you can get. The decor and furnishings are classic and inviting. Try Bacco for breakfast, they make a great dungeness crab omelet and fresh squeezed juices. The tea shop (Perennial Tea Shop) in the nearby alley serves the best cuppa english breakfast ever. One note, a lot of the rooms in the hotel are located on the "city" (i.e.: street) side and the city noise can be a little much on a Saturday evening. We turned the fan on and it drowned out the sound perfectly.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #410 (city side with a corner window view of the water). It was very nice and com...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest:
I am pleased to read you enjoy our "Urban Oasis" in the middle of Pike Place Market, one truly gets a great Seattle experience when staying her with us. Thank you for visiting Seattle and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
David Watkins

Been to Inn at the Market? Share your experiences!