“Perfect!!! Perfect!!! Perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Perfect!!! Perfect!!! Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This Hotel offers everything, location, friendly staff, comfortable room and access to the most wonderful restaurants and cafes. Our view across the bay was stunning. My travelling companion celebrated her 60th Birthday while were in the US and this hotel was the perfect way to commence our celebration. Loved being close to the Pike Marketplace. Shopping was great. A trip to Bainbridge Island is a must. All in all highly recommend this hotel to visitors for a Seattle experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for selecting the Inn at The Market to celebrate your anniversary. The trip out to Bainbridge is great, lovely little shops and the ferry boat ride is fun. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
David Watkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
Amelia Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great location--directly across from the Market, down the street from the original Starbucks, around the corner from Fran's Chocolate and in the midst of wonderful restaurants. What more could you want???? Our room was located on the fifth floor (511) which is adjacent to the rooftop--which would be perfect in the spring and summer as you could see the ferry, the mountains and water, etc--it was a partial view but quite large with a small table and two chairs in front of one window, desk in front of another window, king bed, mini refrig, two luggage racks and the bathroom was average size but with nice products, make up mirror and nice towels. We sat in the lobby and had coffee a couple of mornings. The staff was quite personable and willing to make reservation suggestions. The entrance was quite magical as it was lite with tiny white lights--I don't know if this is only for the holidays. A great value for your money. We did not need a car as we could walk everywhere. A great gem!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Fifth floor was great overlooking the market and the downtown.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest:
The Market is quite magical this time of year, I am so pleased you got to enjoy your time here at The Inn at The Market. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
SOUTHEAST US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I have been wanting to visit Seattle for a couple of years and based on the Trip Advisor reviews I just knew this way THE place to stay when we were able to find a travel package that suited our needs. When we booked our trip, I splurged and spent a little extra money on a partial water view room. I even e-mailed the manager and asked if it would be possible to upgrade us. He responded promptly and advised me that he would put us in the very best partial water view room. We arrived at the Inn a little after seven. Here's where the mixed feelings begin: check in was a breeze. Friendly staff, good directions to local restaurants, they seemed happy to provide us with restaurant recommendations. So far, so good. We decided to drop our luggage off in our room & then find something for supper. Could not wait to see our fabulous room - except, it wasn't fabulous. The carpet was worn and dirty; the bathroom walls were covered in makeup, black marks & who knows what else; the chairs in the sitting area were disgusting - completely threadbare on the arms & covered in black dirt and grime on the arm rest; light switch plates were also grimy and smudged. We started opening the curtains to see our partial water view and we honestly could not find it. To be fair, it was dark outside but it definitely took some craning of the neck to see this view. Partial indeed. They had taken the time to write us a welcome note and put a bottle of champagne in the fridge. Nice gesture, handwritten notes go a long way with me - I'm southern. We were absolutely exhausted after traveling over 2000 miles so we went to eat & came back to take a shower before going to bed. The shower experience was awful. The shower curtain blows in & constantly wraps around your body so you are fighting it the entire time you are trying to get clean. I am tall and thin and it drove me crazy so I can only imagine what a pain it was for my husband, who is a big guy. Just wanted some rest that night (again, over 2000 miles from home) so we did not complain about the room at that point. The next morning, I called the front deck & asked to speak to the manager on duty, who turned out to be a nice young lady named Noelle. I asked Noelle to come see our room so I could point out the things I was talking about. She agreed & was extremely helpful. Noelle immediately offered to switch us to another room. We had the option of waiting on the exact same room type one floor below us or she offered to show us a smaller room two floors below. We liked the smaller room better - nicer view, in our opinion - and we didn't mind giving up a little space because it was just the two of us. We got our luggage gathered up in the first room & the front desk was kind enough to have the bellman move it to our new room. New room was much less worn looking - we were delighted. Hadn't bothered to run water in the sink or anything before we moved as we weren't expecting a problem. However, the first time we tried to use the sink the water would not drain. I'm not talking a slow drain either. I'm talking you are trying to wash your hands and the water from the bottom of the sink is rising to meet your hands. Gross. Had to call about this, of course. Maintenance responded quickly and sink seemed better. The next day, I got ready to dry my hair. Wall mounted dryer overheated & smelled awful, then promptly quit. I tried to reset it, no luck. Left it alone for a few minutes then tried again. Second time was the charm. Fighting the shower curtain & waiting on the hairdryer to restart became a daily routine. Then the sink backed up AGAIN. Seriously? This is the #1 place to stay in Seattle? We often left for breakfast and then came back to grab our backpack for the day's outings. The room would always be clean when we returned but we would have to call and ask for hand towels. Or toilet paper. This happened more than once. Why should I have to ask for the basics to be replinished? We are not negative people who go around complaining about every little thing (seriously, read my other reviews) but numerous little things start to really add up. It was embarrassing to keep calling the front desk but it should have been more embarrassing for them than it was for me. We keep a neat hotel room as well - no clothes on the bed, we put up all our toiletries before we depart every day so it isn't like it would not be readily obvious that we were out of toilet paper or towels! Long story short(er), Noelle helped me resolve the room issues to my satisfaction. It is not her fault that the rooms are in major need of renovation. I got the feeling that this is something that has been expressed by more guests than just my husband & I. THE POSITIVES: Amazing beds - they got it right on this one! The staff here is wonderful. Everyone we encountered was helpful, kind and friendly. Valet brought the car around promptly, every time. We received accurate and detailed directions to everything we inquired about visiting. Rooftop deck is awesome -we went out there every day, whether it was raining or not. Amazing views and photo opportunies. The teak chairs they show on the website aren't teak chairs but hey, maybe that's an older photo. Or maybe the teak is on the smaller deck that only a couple of rooms can access. Either way, the lack of teak didn't interrupt my view. The location literally cannot be beaten. Steps to Pike Place Market. We only got the car out when we wanted to visit Rainier and Snoqualmie Falls. We walked to everything else - The Space Needle, The Great Wheel, the ferry to Bainbridge, the observation room at Columbia Center and everywhere in between. Yes, it is hilly but we are big believers in exploring a new city on foot whenever possible so it didn't bother us. Overall, I felt a little let down by the Trip Advisor community on this one. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars because that is more accurate. The location is above average, the staff are above average. The rooms are the only thing holding me back. Would I stay here again? Sadly, probably not. There are other properties in the Seattle area that might get it right the first time around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Victor, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Maybe 20 years ago this was the place to stay, not now. The room needs a major facelift. The carpet was stained so bad we wore socks to bed at night. Bathroom wallpaper is filthy, dirt stains and marks. The furniture was nicked and well-used. When we booked this on-line the picture shows a wonderful front line water view, not!!! Between you and the water is a freeway, exhaust systems and rooftops and trains that toot all during the night. We will be looking for another place in Seattle to stay next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest:
I am very sorry to read that your experience here at the Inn at The Market was well below standard and that you left Seattle with a very poor experience from our hotel. I would ask if you could please contact me directly as I am unable to locate your reservation record as I would like to make the situation right. You can reach me at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com or via telephone at 206 269 2215. I will be certain that our entire team sees your comments.
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable, clean, understated elegant. Twenty feet from Pike Street market, very polite friendly and helpful staff. No problems at all Large airy room and bath, comfy bed and sitting area. Only request is electric plugs by he for cell phones

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking a moment to write into Tripadvisor and share your experience. The holiday season is a great time to be here in downtown Seattle, it is very festive. If I can ever be of assistance with things to do when visiting feel free to get in touch at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com.
Happy Holidays
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The best place to stay in Seattle. The location can't be beat you have the vibrant Pikes Place Market literally at your doorstep but an oasis of tranquility and understated luxury in the Hotel. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. The partial water view rooms are ideal giving you a view of the Puget Sound ferries coming and going and all the bustle of Pikes Market waking up in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was laid back, professional, helpful and friendly. Arranged through hotel to have town car pick up at the airport. There was a misunderstanding/lack of communication issue and the driver wasn't there to meet me. Called the hotel and they got right on it. Turns out I was scheduled for curb pick up. No problem. When I arrived at the hotel staff was apologetic and gave me a complimentary breakfast.. Wasn't necessarily warranted but the gesture said a lot about the quality and integrity of the hotel staff.
The room I had faced the water. It was so wonderful to sit by the window watch the sunset and the ferries. The size of both the bedroom and bathroom was great. Great restaurants (3) with local flavors and atmosphere. Restuarants were not typical of hotel dining experiences.
The location was fantastic. So close to the market and all its attractions. Followed TA recommendations for eating spots and wasn't disappointed.
Seattle is a great city and I am blessed to have family close by which make for a great excuse to come back to the Inn at the Market. Can't wait for my next visit! Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Upper floor room facing the water. A must!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family