“Average hotel, below average service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sweeten Your Stay
Ranked #42 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“Average hotel, below average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I didn't choose to stay here, but was told by my company to do so. Overall, the room and the facilities are fair for the price and the location. However, the staff and service on a numbef of occasions in just a two night stay were below my expectations.

The Room & Facilities
The premier rooms have view of the space needle, so that was nice. There is also a very small balcony in each room if you want to get some fresh air. However, the windows and doors allowed a lot of noise from the street and the hallway to come through, which would occasionally startle me at night and even when relaxing in the afternoon. The amentities within the room are all nice, including a modern TV with a good selection of channels, comfortable beds (though the pillows are a bit small and square shaped), and nice Gilcrest and Soames toiletries. The interent allowed you to choose a slower option vs. a faster one. I chose the slower one which was $11 instead of $18 and instantly regretted it, as even loading webpages felt dramatically slower than my cable modem at home. There was also some inconsistencies between photos on the website and reality.The lobby is decorated very nicely and a good waiting area. The fitness center is very small relative to the photographs (3 machines total) as well as the pool / hot tub combo. The restaurant feels very basic and while they have a good selection of items, it didn't feel as though there was a consistent decor given the plates and cups were all different colors.

Staff/Service
In general, everyone was polite and would greet you when they see you, but it felt like the element of service faltered after the initial interaction with staff members in a couple of circumstances.

1. When I ordered breakfast, I told my waitress that I was in a hurry and would just have oatmeal knowing that was fairly simple to bring out. Upon receiving my food fairly quickly, I asked for the check, but had to remind her again after 15 minutes of her passing by my table and never making eye contact with me.

2. Also, two or three staff members were openly complaining in the hallway outside the gym about how there were too many guests checking out on a Friday, which would make them work too hard.

3. However, what was most frustrating was when I was checking out, the concierge seemed very eager to help me get a taxi even though I had just seen a few outside. I figured he was just trying to get a tip, which I was willing to provide given the extra convenience. He insisted he would call one and it would take 5-10 minutes. I sat in the lobby though I felt I could have hailed one on the street more quickly, and when the driver arrived, it was a black car service and not a taxi. The driver starts asking me several questions about how often i've been to Seattle or if I know the area. I immediately ask him if he takes credit cards and would this be the flat rate of $40 that yellow taxis charge. He says that he requires cash only because credit cards cost him more and that the charge is $58 to the airport. The concierge never informed me of any of this, and I wasn't prepared to pay nearly 50% more for a ride to the airport as I saw yellow cabs pass by. I stated I needed to exit the car immediately and then the driver said he could take my credit card. Given that I was in such a rush, I agreed against my best judgment to just continue to the airport. En route, the driver kept asking me if I was ok and kept playing loud music. Once I arrived, the driver was courteous enough, but paying a total of $65 including tip vs. $48 felt wrong especially since there was no traffic and this is a higher base rate than a black car service to Manhattan from JFK. This final experience made me question what are the intentions of the staff and if they are really incentivized to treat hotel guests with the best intentions.

In conclusion, if you're looking to save money and aren't planning on using this more than a place to sleep and have a good location for siteseeing, I highly recommend this hotel. If you are looking for staff that will be professional and act in your best interest, I recommend you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably best to avoid any street level noise, especially if you have a view of th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Warwick Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback through Trip Advisor, and for staying with Warwick Seattle Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from a valued guest, and I greatly appreciate the time you took to write your review.

I was deeply concerned when I read your comments concerning service issues and the town car situation. The experience you had is unacceptable and should never occur. We have an agreement with a town car company to provide trips to the airport for $40, which is at or below the rates charged by a taxi driver in almost all cases. As Trip Advisor reviews are anonymous, I ask that you please contact me at the hotel so I can make this right for you. We only recommend the town car because it is a better service at the same or better price than a taxi. I also want you to know that I have opened an inquiry with the town car company to find out what occurred, and if you are able to let me know the day you traveled that would be greatly appreciated. I want to make this right for you, as what happened was the exact opposite of what we intended to take place.

I have also provided your feedback to team members about the other two service issues listed. I thank you for giving me another opportunity to further coach and develop my team, and to remind them of the basics through a real world example. It also enables me to help them understand better from a guest perspective how their conversations may be perceived, and remind them of what behavior is expected at Warwick Seattle Hotel. It is always disconcerting when we fail to meet expectations, but likewise I am also thankful for the opportunity you have provided us to continue to grow and better meet expectations moving forward.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another try when in Seattle next, and would love to discuss this possibility with you. I do not want for this poor experience to be your last experience with us. We are a hotel that deeply cares about pleasing our guests, and this was not evident during your stay. Please accept my apologies for the failures you endured.

I also wanted to take a moment to respond to the parts of your review that were not to your satisfaction concerning the room and facilities. I noted that you had concerns regarding the window walls located in the rooms. I am happy to report that we have been in the process of finalizing a new window wall to eliminate noise and other issues. We have selected a product we believe will meet or exceed our guest’s expectations and the windows for the entire building are currently in production. We are tentatively scheduled to begin full replacement of these in the latter half of 2013. As a definite date becomes available we will update our valued guests through our website and other forms of communication.

Concerning the internet speed and cost, I empathize with your concern. We recently upgraded to a fiber connection during the month of April, but since I am not sure what days you stayed I cannot say whether or not this was before or after your visit. Our bandwidth is now very high, but we do still have a bandwidth limiter in place on the $11 (tax inclusive) internet connection because if we did not and many people streamed at once it could potentially cause issue. That being said, you should never have slow loading web pages or anything of that nature regardless of the connection you are on here. I also wanted to inform you that our internet is complimentary for all reservations booked directly through the hotel or our official website. The internet received complimentary through these channels is also a higher bandwidth allowance than the $11 option. I hope this proves helpful information for future visits.

If time allows you, I would love for you to contact me concerning the inconsistencies between the photos on the website and the physical room. I ask for this because the photos on the website are physical pictures of our rooms, and not a mock up from another location, test room, etc… It is very important to us that our guests know exactly what they are receiving when they choose to stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. We never wish to intentionally or unintentionally mislead. Your feedback on what you found to be different would be helpful for me to ensure it does not happen again.

Once more, I thank you for your review and for staying at Warwick Seattle Hotel. I sincerely hope to have an opportunity to provide your accommodations in the future, and I invite you to return. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Tim Bathke, CHA
Warwick Seattle Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel main entrance is on Lenora St and the parking is on 4th ave both streets are one ways only. The staff were pretty friendly when we arrived as was the parking attendant when we finally got there. Room was fairly large and clean. The hotel is located in an area close to most things. The place with the hotel is fairly pricey for food (30.00) for 2 pers for breakfast is steep in my books. Good food and supplies can be had across the street at the small grocery store, they have eat in or take out. We were there on a Friday and Saturday night (going to 5th ave theater Sat afternoon). We all know hotels can be noisy but on the Fri night our floor was bad, bunch of people in hall talking up a storm loudly and drinking (2200 - 2300 approx) then they came back around 0215 in the morning carrying on like normal and drunk. The hotel should have some watching for things like this when people return from were ever and then have security make rounds of all floors to make sure all is normal. If the hotel ever does major upgrades it should look into better windows to cut down on the noise from the street. Not a bad stay but will pick a place closer to the theater next time or stay further away.

Longview, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel is located walking distance from almost anything that you would ever need. The people who work there are very courteous and eager to help. The rooms are very clean and quiet (if you get on the upper floors). All in all I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Seattle!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay, we appreciate you rating us so highly.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of our hotel, and also the friendliness of our staff. They will certainly be recognized appropriately for their exceptional efforts during your stay.

Once again, thank you, and we hope that you will return again the future.

Kindest regards,
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel is perfectly located to everything in Seattle. Shopping,restaurants and theatre.
Small but adequate spa. Westlake and monorail are close as well.
Overall, nice choice. Early check in was no problem. Front desk was helpful for all kinds of places to eat.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are grateful for your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel. It appears that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and the location of our hotel.

It is pleasing to read that our staff provided you with the necessary information and that you were able to check in early.

Thank you again for your review, we appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again.

Warm regards,
BC, anada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We recently spent three days at the Warwick as part of a package with the Clipper Ferry from Victoria, choosing to upgrade our room to one on a higher level, which is strongly recommended. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a sitting area close to the much-referred-to view of the Space Needle--specially lovely at night. We were able to explore all of downtown Seattle by foot, which was great. The main shopping area with Macy's and Nordstrum's was easily walkable. We had a great breakfast on day one at Lowell's in the Pike Place Market (go to the second level where they have table service and great views of the harbor). Wild Ginger, a short cab-ride away, has memorable Asian food. But only one or two blocks from the hotel were other good restaurants, including Lola's, where we had breakfast, and Serious Pie, with delicious, creative, thin-crust pizza. The hotel staff all went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. We could no doubt have found a more luxurious or sophisticated hotel, but we found this to be excellent value with all the essential ingredients.

Room Tip: As others suggest, it is worth upgrading to a room on an upper level with a view of the Space Needle...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear back from our satisfied guests, and we thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments especially that we could provide you with a spacious, comfortable space with the Space Needle View from your room. It is also pleasing to read that you were able to take advantage of the location of our hotel, and explore the local amenities and attractions.

It is gratifying to read your comments regarding our staff and we hope that you will return again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very clean....service at the desk was so-so but the bellmen are great...the bar staff are awesome and their drinks are just strong enough to keep you happy!...The views of the space needle from the room was incredible...The central downtown area is just a few short blocks away and a cab ride to snywhere good will cost 4-6 dollars....Overall, the wife and i will definately stay here again when we are back in town.

• Stayed April 2013
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We appreciate your kind words and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Warwick Seattle Hotel.

It appears that, overall, you both enjoyed your time here in Seattle and were able to experience a Space Needle view from your room. We hope that you took plenty of pictures to share with your family and friends.

Thank you for commenting on the bellman and bar staff in regards to their service, but I would like to apologize that you felt our Front Desk team did not provide the best possible service to you during your stay. I will forward your concerns on to the Front Desk Manager so that they can review best practices and procedures with all of their team.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to your return in the future.

Kindest regards,
vacaville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Warwick is right in the middle of it all. A few blocks to the monorail or 7 blocks to walk to the Seattle Center. Only 5 blocks from Pike Place Market. 10 min cab ride to Safeco and Century Link fields. The staff is very friendly and helpful, we never walked by a staff member who didn't say good morning, afternoon or evening. They upgraded us to the 17th floor with an awesome view of the Space Needle and a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. Parking is $30 a day but that's standard for Seattle hotels. WiFi is $11 a day but also fairly standard for Seattle. The room was very clean. For the price and location I don't know if the Warwick can be beat.

Room Tip: North facing rooms have incredible views of the space needle. The 17th floor is the highest you can...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick-Seattle, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick Seattle Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear back from our satisfied guests and we really appreciate your positive comments, especially that our staff went out their way to help you where needed, also that they provided you with a friendly service.

We were very happy to be a part of your anniversary and are pleased that you appreciated the bottle of champagne, and the upgrade to the 17th floor with a Space Needle view room.

Thank you again for your kind comments, we hope that you will return in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Been to Warwick Seattle Hotel? Share your experiences!