“Solid Kimpton Option” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Solid Kimpton Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was the only Kimpton in Seattle I had not stayed at so I decided to give it a try. I am a fan of the brand which I consider a 3 and 4 star boutique hotel chain which provides 5 star service. This property has recently been remodeled and is a bit kitschy for my taste (as are all the Monacos I have stayed in, perhaps a theme of the sub brand). As a Kimpton Inner Circle member I was upgraded to a Monaco Suite (which is large room with a sleeping area separated by a curtain) on a "Premier Floor". What, exactly, the benefits of these floors are, other than being on the top levels, I don't know. Everything was very clean. I heard a bit of noise from the adjacent rooms but nothing severe, the hotel was packed with "Seahawk" fans so I imagine a lot of the rooms had 4 occupants. Valets helpful, 5 am start for the (excellent) in lobby complimentary coffee was much appreciated and the location was good for shopping. Nice gym and the meeting rooms floor was quite elegant and well done for a 4 star boutique. I would book a meeting here due to this and the location. Overall the Alexis remains my favorite Kimpton in Seattle but this is a good option; better than the Vintage Park, which is very tired, has tiny rooms and few suites for Inner Circle upgrades.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I came down to Seattle for a quick weekend getaway and loved this place. Our room looked new, clean and very modern. Funky!
The wine reception was a great way to start the night off. Staff were friendly. It is about a 10 minute walk from the waterfront.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We are from Seattle but currently live in Jackson, Wyoming. This weekend we had to come back for a funeral and at the last minute, decided we could make it back early to watch the first ever Seahawks Super Bowl parade. We drove overnight without a real plan on what we were gonna do when we got to Seattle before the parade as it would be about 4am. We ended up sleeping in the car for a few hours before driving downtown to find a spot to observe from. We are traveling with our baby boy who is just over 2 months old. When we finally got all set up and on the streets, our first mission became to find a spot to change our son as he had made quite a poop already this morning. Starbucks had closed off their bathrooms to the public and it's 20 degrees outside which is warm in Jackson but always cold to a baby. I asked the doorman at Hotel Monaco if we could take him inside to change him. He very kindly obliged and told us where to go. Once we changed him it became feeding time. This is when we ran into the most amazing lady at the hotel. Michelle (banquet manager for the hotel) was down stairs and I asked her if there was a pump we could use to fill our tires on the stroller as Marisa fed the baby on the couch. She found us one and as I pumped we talked about how much we love Kimpton hotels, especially Hotel Monaco. We had a nice brief convo and she went on her way to make sure her stuff was getting taken care of work wise. As we started to get ready to leave, Michelle came back and told us that if we wanted some privacy to rest with the baby before the parade (still three hours away) we could use the Tokyo room and feed him more in there where it's warmer and private. She then offered to bring us some pastries which we tried to pass up but it was too kind of an offering so we accepted. She brought us a few scones and muffins as well as orange juice and a banana. She had no reason to do any of this other than the apparent overwhelming kindness in her heart. If we didn't already love Hotel Monaco, we really do now. If you ever come to Seattle, stay here. We have always been treated like family when we stay at one and this just solidifies that. Michelle deserves a raise and promotion. If that's not possible, maybe employee of the month all year. Thank you Michelle and Hotel Monaco Seattle for making our last minute decision so much easier to pull off than it could have been!

Stayed February 2014
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

"Sunshine" the goldfish kept me company once she warmed up to someone in the room, at first I was a little concerned as she did not move for the first hour. Loved the animal print robes, the room decor, the comfy bed. The whole place is what I expect from a Kimpton property. Staff "owns" the experience the guests have. That's the best kind of hotel. Great decor and little quirky touches like "Sunshine" only go so far. The staff has to support it. At this property they do.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Having always stayed at one of the big chain hotels whenever in Seattle on business, after a recommendation for the Monaco I thought I'd take a leap of faith and book into this one. So glad I did!
With all of the facilities and usual accoutrements of a large hotel, the Monaco also lends a wealth of personal touches from the free-to-use bicycles to the amazing staff whose friendliness and attentiveness is matched only by their knowledge of the city, so recommendations from where to get a haircut to where to eat the finest seafood is only a question away.
Heartily recommended for business travellers and tourist alike. I'll be back!

Stayed January 2014
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed in a few Kimpton hotel properties and this is so far my favorite. It is a beautiful, quaint hotel. The staff are amazing and treat you with such respect, especially if you join their loyalty program which has been wonderful. I will not stay anywhere else in Seattle or Portland (haven't been to the other cities, but I am sure i would feel the same). I recommend it for anyone business or family travelers. The workout facility is clean and all equipment is actually in working order (which I can't say for all hotels). They are "green" which is also a nice touch!!

Room Tip: The 9th floor is great and quiet!
Green Features: They are super green!~!! No little shampoo bottles here, you simply use nice shampoo in containers on the wall - something I have wanted in hotels for such a long time!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Whangarei, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Hotel Monaco was conveniently located in the downtown area. We found it an easy walk to Pike Place and easy to get to the Space Needle. We had a lovely surprise when we were given an upgrade to King Premium rooms. These were spotlessly clean and spacious. The staff; everyone, from the doormen and Concierge to the cleaners were friendly, caring and professional. They gave us great advice about things to see and do in Seattle. The hosted happy hour from 5-6pm each night was a lovely bonus. Dan was a wine expert, and was able to tell us more about the local wines, and also their special hot spiced cider. They even had a magician on Wednesday night who circulated among the guests and performed card tricks for us. For four Kiwis so far from home, the welcoming manner of the staff made our 4 night stay at the Monaco one of the highlights of our USA vacation. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
I have nothing negative to say about Hotel Monaco in Seattle.

Room Tip: We were not bothered or disturbed by traffic noise, and our room looked out onto busy Fourth Avenue...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!