“What a Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Save Up To 20%
Ranked #8 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“What a Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Tom Waithe the Regional Director of Operations has definitely done a great job with the Hotel Monoco. From check-in to Check-out the staff was very accommodating and helpful. The kids loved Ben, my little 2 year old could not get enough of him. The staff add the little touches that made our stay a great experience. I will definitely coming back to the Hotel Monaco!
The hotel was 4 blocks from Nordstroms Rack, Nordstroms, PfChangs and Cheescake Factory.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Well we offer 60 hotels coast to coast and to be labeled your favorite just makes my day. Here in Seattle you will also find the Vintage Park - up the street and the Alexis - down the street, both are stunning additions to the city. Tulio up at the Park, will change your opinion of Italian food and Sazerac here at the Monaco - well I have said it before, the catfish will change your perspective on American cuisine with a Southern flare. Appreciate you taking the time, tell your friends (oh thats right, you just did) come back soon.

1,334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My mom and I had a great four day stay at the Hotel Monaco recently. There was a bit of a hiccup when we first checked in, as the first room they put us was smaller than a postage stamp with a teeny tiny queen bed. If I'd been travelling alone, it would have been perfect, but for two people, it was not going to work. However, a quick call to the front desk fixed the room situation & we were immediately moved to a suite. While it was a little annoying, I certainly appreciated how understanding the front desk was and how quickly they rectified the situation.

The hotel is gorgeously decorated (I even took snapshots of some of the design elements for inspiration in my own home), the service is incredible in both the hotel & their restaurant, and the location is central to lots of "must-see" Seattle attractions. I'd definitely recommend the hotel to anyone paying a visit to the Seattle area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I travel I prefer to stay at Kimpton hotels and I must say - the Seattle location far and away my favorite! The rooms are incredible and for me - the staff (at all levels) were simply amazing. There outgoing, and unbelievable helpful and beyond thoughtful. My stay here was AWESOME and I can't wait until I can stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
You know we hand pick those staff from all the folks that apply we look not only at their qualifications but whether they like I love Lucy episodes and can smile at the sight of a child marveling at a goldfish in their room, its a pretty impressive interview process but it helps us get it right everytime. The hotel was just recently remodeled and yep, those rooms are incredible, no beige hotel here! Thanks for the note, come back soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here on a whim during a recent weekend lark. The decor is lively and fun, while still exuding warmth. The front desk people are professional, efficient, and best of all fun. My room was called a Monte Carlo, and was far more spacious than expected...loved the 2 flat screens. Best of all, and one of the primary reasons I'll definately return, is that my cherished Golden Retriever was made to feel as welcomed as I was. Wine hour was a delightful surprise, and I really enjoyed chatting with the staff and other guests. I'll definately be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I remember seeing your dog in the hotel, stunning and well behaved! thanks for the note, we are perfect for a weekend lark as you note or your next business meeting or wedding! Thanks for the note, hope to meet you at wine hour soon!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We enjoyed our recent three-night stay at this hotel, located downtown within walking distance to many attractions such as the waterfront, Pike Place Market, and Pioneer Square. It's also near the light rail and the monorail. Our room, with a king size bed, was spacious, clean, and comfortable. But a minor problem was a lack of clothing storage space. However, I noted this on my customer survey, and the Regional Director of Operations sent me email to say they plan to address this! The rest of the hotel staff was also very helpful, friendly and provided excellent service. Additionally we liked the food at the Sazerac restaurant; we ate there for breakfast and happy hour once during our visit. Since I joined the Kimpton InTouch guest loyalty program, we received free wifi, and a $10 mini-bar certificate. We also took advantage of the AAA room rate discount and a $20 per day restaurant credit. We'd consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Look! its the Regional Director responding to your TripAdvisor review here as well! He is everywhere. Thanks for this nice note, I am so glad you made it into Sazerac, the food and happy hour in there is a hot spot for the city. There are a great number of deals out there and you can often find them at our Kimpton hotels website which is surprisingly Kimptonhotels.com
Appreciate hearing from you or any guest on suggestions on how we might make a great hotel even better!
niceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Visited Seattle for our 50th anniversary. Checked into the Monaco and recognized me a a Kimpton In Touch member and Upgraded us to the 11th floor with a beautiful view of the Seattle Skyline. This was followed by a bucket of Prosecco, a balloon and chocolates. We were blown away. The location is lovely. At 5:00, there is a wine hour in the lounge. We met several other couples there and enjoyed swapping restaurants and wine notes. The staff was friendly and helpful. The doorman always had a smile for us. We liked having internet and "raiding the mini bar". Took some almonds to eat in the airport. When we arrived in the airport, my husband discovered he had forgotten his favorite rain hat. Well, it arrived in the mail today. What a great staff. What a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Not sure why you would have a rain hat with you in Seattle! its always sunny here or at least in the Seattle Monaco! Great to read that you would trust us with such an important event in your world. Raiding the mini bar is a special treat for guests who sign up with our loyalty program, dont hesitate! I hope you made it into Sazerac for dinner, or an even better spot for a special event Tulio just up the street at the fantastic Vintage Park hotel. if you missed it, all the better reason to come back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Really great hotel with a first class resteraunt and lounge. The rooms are beautiful with a really nice décor. Kind of modern European but really clean and relaxing. I didn't expect anything for my husbands birthday at all. I had mentioned it a month previous and they didn't have special packages for that so the room that I got with the parlor was great and I had all my surprises planned anyway. When we checked in, the girl at the front desk wished my husband Happy Birthday. Quite nice to know that everyone was paying attention. Then they delivered a special gift to the room of a balloon, some drinks and some snacks with a card. Really over the top!!

Room Tip: Did not use pool or spa. The bed was super comfortable. The room was quiet and had a small frig an...