“Double Thumbs Up!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Anchorage, Alaska
“Double Thumbs Up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Hotel Monaco three years ago and had a great stay in one of the suites. The hotel had a sweet charm about it with whimsical decor and stand alone details. We truly loved our experience:)
Recently I was tasked in finding accomadations for our girls trip in the city and again chose to stay at the Hotel Monaco. I was pleasantly surprised with the remodel and although I thought the previous decor was fun and uplifting, I found the new look clean, modern and still fun! I think they nailed it.
I cannot say enough about the excellent treatment for the staff. The bellman/valet men were great and always met you with excitement...
I was pleased to see that the wine hour in the lobby was still offered and well received by the guests. We made great use of that and found that to be a great touch by the hotel....
We were all very pleased with the Sazerac and the quality of service and food that we experienced dinning there. Several of the girls had the ribs and the grits and holy smokes they were terrifc...
The stay at The Hotel Monaco was awesome and I will be recommending it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I keep reading about this new program of all girl weekends at the hotel, great to read that we have been discovered as the fun clubhouse! I think the remodel is a great change for the hotel, yes the old design was fun, but the look now of the rooms really feels Seattle and a bit uptown, along with our great Staff! Sazerac ribs! need I say more, sure Sazerac Roast Chicken, it will change your opinion of chicken forever!
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

How do I love thee (Hotel Monaco Seattle)?

Let me count the ways....

Okay, I have been here several times over the years (going back more than 10 years). In that time I have also had a chance to stay in many of the luxury hotels in the Seattle area (I am always wanting to stay in the newest and noteworthy hotel of the moment). I shouldn't, I should be more loyal, because the Hotel Monaco constantly pays attention to every detail and makes your stay memorable.

It has always been stylish (possibly the most style conscious hotel in Seattle), but the newly renovated rooms are fabulous yet again. The beautiful King bed had pristine white linens and beautiful toss cushions. Great lighting, great art, great everything!

We were celebrating a special occasion and the management was paying attention -- they go above and beyond to write personal notes and give little treats that make you feel special, and appreciated for spending your stay with them.

This was an adults only weekend, but our kids love this place too -- the goldfish (borrow a pet!) program is really fun.

Other reviews I'm sure will fill you in on the coffee, newspaper, wine reception etc., but this time I noticed they even had hot chocolate & the fixings (marshmallows and goodies to jazz it up) in the morning beverage service, and a warm spiced drink in the evening -- perfect for the Christmas season and cold weather.

If you're wondering or comparing modern hotels in the same league, I would still choose the Monaco over Hotel 1000 (which as I write this is currently ranked #3 on TA), Pan Pacific (#8), and even give it the edge over its sister hotel the Alexis (#4). Perhaps the numbers will shift after people get to see the new renovation -- beautiful!

Room Tip: Spend a little more on a larger room or a King bedded room, the rooms do vary in size.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gosh, you are making me blush! the rankings with Tripadvisor have a great deal to do with the number of reviews as well as the quality of the reviews, naturally with all our special touches I think we should be number 1, but our ranking just keeps us trying harder!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Comfortable rooms, clean, good location, just two blocks from market place and four from pine street. Excellent for business and family. No noise and darkness in rooms, in very comfortable beds, make easy to sleep there. If i want to be picky i can say that the illumination of the room was not enough for working there. The staff was incredible, helpful and off course was much better as they were always smiling and in great mood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Appreciate the great notes, I often read that guests feel we offer great value, which is true, especially if you check out our website and see what the deals are as they change from day to day. The lighting in the rooms is all undergoing a huge review and change out, we are on it!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Helpful staff from arrival to check-out, complimentary upgrades to suites and spacious and nicely kept rooms. We stayed for three nights first, a few days later for another one. I am sure we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
The hotel has a huge number of suites and when we can we do upgrade guests, especially those who sign up to be Kimpton in Touch members. Glad it worked for you and that you came back, that would have been 2 nights towards reaching your goals of getting free nights!
come back soon!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Fun hotel, with friendly staff, in the centre of Seattle - very convenient location. Bar forms part of a restaurant which is open to the public, which diminishes the atmosphere a bit - although that comes from a solo business traveller. Little touches could make the difference for people - pet friendly hotel, wine hour every day, and a complimentary goldfish if you feel like it (I didn't go for this...) are quirky touches which the hotel uses to differentiate itself. Thought the room was a little small, compared to other Seattle hotels I've stayed in. Overall, not a bad place for a business hotel - wouldn't choose this for extended and/or leisure stays though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Friendly staff, fun hotel and quirky touches, why wouldnt you want to stay here for an extended time? I actually live in the hotel and all this makes me pretty happy. Sazerac's open atmosphere gives the room lots of energy, if you are looking for something a little more intimate or quiet, try Tulio up the street at our Vintage Park hotel or the Bookstore down the street at the Alexis, another great Kimpton! Thanks for the many positive notes, hope you come back soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Excellent service, great food, well appointed room and overall wonderful experience. I strongly suggest them for business travel, conference or meeting services, and vacation travel. Even though I was there on business, when the meetings were over, I didn't feel like I had to run away from the hotel to wind down. They do a great job of supporting business travelers while also catering to vacation travelers. I kept thinking I wanted to retun with my SO for a leisure trip.

Room Tip: Did not swim, so I can't really comment on the pool. Be sure to check in on Yelp. They were gi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sequim Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I decided to take an overnight getaway into Seattle right after Christmas and chose the Hotel Monaco as our lodging. We had stayed at a Kimpton Hotel before and were delighted with it. Same goes here. The hotel is reasonably priced, in the heart of the city and within walking distance of everything in central downtown Seattle. The rooms are lovely, spacious and well appointed, the staff friendly and helpful. The best of the staff was the valet who took care of parking and moving cars around (and watching them) on this busy city street. He was cheerful in the rain, allowed us to check in and come back to our car and took care of parking it when we returned after the theater and dinner out. We will definitely return to this lovely hotel.

Susie in Sequim,, WA

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!