“Awesome time.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas
“Awesome time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Love the hotels that are different in every room. Something personal about it. Funky and fresh. Staff was super nice, sent us in the towncar back to the airport. Easy access to everything. Restaurant was delicious. Loved everything about it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Funky and Fresh. One of the concepts of a Kimpton hotel is to have a fresh approach with design and style. My career came from one of the most rigid enviroments ever, and at the time that seemed like a great option, however guests today like to be surprised and delighted, in design and in style so when we pass around bacon wrapped figs as you sip on a complimentary glass of wine in our stunning lobby, you have to think "what other hotel in the city is doing this"? I am surprised frequently when I host wine hour how bewildered guests are that the GM is wandering around filling glasses and chatting with them, and then I remember, yep, Kimpton hotels, we just do it differently.
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

2nd Stay at the Hotel, last time in 2007. Stayed 5 nights over Thanksgiving weekend and enjoyed it immensely. Rooms were clean and spacious, and the staff was extremely helpful and prompt with any request we had. Great location being walking distance to Pikes Market, shops, great restaurants, and the ferry to go to the islands. Lobby is impressive and wine social hour is a nice touch and good way to start your evening. Will return when back in Seattle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It is always great to read notes from guests who have stayed for multiple nights at a hotel, that gives the hotel the opportunity to really shine. It is easy for a hotel to impress or at least not offend when you are only staying one night (how much trouble can we get into?) however staying several nights is a real vacation. I hope that you had the chance to wander into our restaurant, Sazerac - breakfast in there is a treat that I allow myself now and then, the Southern influence in all the dishes with a little northwest twist, makes me hungry 24/7!
Naches, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

As a frequent visitor of Seattle, I've had a favorite place to stay for years. After being marginally dissatisfied with my most recent stay at my former-favorite (I wont name any names), I decided it might be time for a change. After reading several rave reviews, I decided to give Monaco Seattle a shot and I'm glad I did!

The hotel was very easy to find and the location is ideal. Valet was excellent! Very friendly and very, very eager to help (tip accordingly!). Check-in was quick, painless, and the front-desk staff was all smiles. They were quick to explain all of the conveniences and perks offered and while I didn't take advantage of the complimentary wine hour in the lobby, I'm sure I will in the future (nice touch indeed!).

Our room was great; clean, quiet and cozy. The bed was comfy and I really enjoyed the decor. My wife got a kick out of our friend Mary the gold fish :)

I'm a sucker for the little things and Monaco Seattle definitely delivers. Service was all around top notch. After filling out a survey for my recent stay, I even received a personal response from management addressing my contextual answers (so I know it wasn't automated). Needless to say, I have a new favorite place to stay in Seattle! Definitely will return; definitely would recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Yes its true, I am not automated, you can usually tell becuase I am a fan of punctuation (Shakespeare never used punctuation, why should I) . Many of our guests receive an on line survey which pops up in 15 managers in- boxes, and I respond to everyone of them. Just like Tripadvisor, what you say matters to me. Your comments of course made my day, I hear from guests frequently that they gave us a try after being disappointed at one of our competitors hotels and generally the experience converts them to seeking Kimptons across the land. On occasion I stay at one of the 'other hotels' in the city or when I am traveling and while we arent perfect, I truly believe the stay at a Kimpton hotel (this one in particular of course) really makes you notice how bland one of the big names can be. Thanks for giving us a try.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love this hotel! The service was amazing! From the minute we checked in everyone was so friendly and helpful! The valet even parked and emptied our car for us and brought it up to the room! The room was spacious and elegant with an amazing view of the city! We were within walking distance of so many fabulous stores and restaurants as well as two malls! Overall it was amazing and I would recommend the Moroccan to everyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Ashley, thanks for the nice note, I am gleaning from your tone that you enjoyed your stay? You of course are so right, the location of the hotel and the way we have renovated the building, make any night, weekend or long stay here, a real treat. Check out Kimpton hotels web site for all the other Kimptons in your area, and come back soon!
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed for 5 nights at the Monaco. It was my first visit. It was lovely. The room was huge and the bathroom was well lit.
I had to leave early every morning and the valets always had by car ready right on time. I ate twice in the restaurant and was impressed with the service and the menu!
At night, we often walked to dinner and we were close to everything!
I LOVE this hotel. I felt like a princess!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Princess Cindy,
Thanks so much for the nice note! you are welcome back here anytime. The menu in Sazerac is so great, that eating there two nights in a row, not too much of a task! The roasted chicken or the catfish could change your thoughts about any bad day! Come back soon.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed one night at the Kimpton Monaco Seattle first week of November. Booked the hotel thru Priceline so wasn't sure what this hotel was all about. Arrived around 9pm. Check in was very quick. Front desk staff was very nice. The decor of the hotel is very modern, artistic design. It looks like it was recently renovated. Everything was clean and comfortable.

Overall surprised by how good the hotel was. I normally stay at the Westin and Hyatt's so this was an unknown change for the good. The only thing preventing me from giving a 5 star rating is the high valet parking cost. After taxes, parking cost $47! There is street parking but downtown Seattle doesn't come across as super safe!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
yep, with Priceline sometimes you hit the jackpot (that would be a stay at a Kimpton) glad you had a positive review of the hotel. We offer alot of the great rates you find at priceline on our website with many extra goodies, so check there next time first. Parking is expensive, but that extra 10 bucks knowing your car is in a secure, locked parking lot vs. out on the street all night and then there are those time constraints, and the tow trucks are a hungry lot. thanks for the note.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visit Seattle from time to time and have tried a few hotels. Without a doubt, I have to say that we LOVE the Monaco best of all. Staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming. Rooms are clean, modern, and spacious. Beds and linen are great too. The hotel is also very central so we walk everywhere. Needless to say, I'm a fan.

My wife and I traveled with our three kids. We stayed in 2 adjoining rooms. A rollaway bed was added to the kids room (also very comfortable).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Well Adam, we love you too. Not sure if your kids are the ones who sent me the note saying 'i want to live here forever' but if so, tell them that a 4 year degree in hotel mgmt will start them off nicely. 2 adjoining rooms for a family is a great perk, or those Monte Carlo suites with a rollaway are also a great family suite. Enjoy.
Tom.

Been to Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!