“Superb experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Naches, Washington
“Superb experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

As a frequent visitor of Seattle, I've had a favorite place to stay for years. After being marginally dissatisfied with my most recent stay at my former-favorite (I wont name any names), I decided it might be time for a change. After reading several rave reviews, I decided to give Monaco Seattle a shot and I'm glad I did!

The hotel was very easy to find and the location is ideal. Valet was excellent! Very friendly and very, very eager to help (tip accordingly!). Check-in was quick, painless, and the front-desk staff was all smiles. They were quick to explain all of the conveniences and perks offered and while I didn't take advantage of the complimentary wine hour in the lobby, I'm sure I will in the future (nice touch indeed!).

Our room was great; clean, quiet and cozy. The bed was comfy and I really enjoyed the decor. My wife got a kick out of our friend Mary the gold fish :)

I'm a sucker for the little things and Monaco Seattle definitely delivers. Service was all around top notch. After filling out a survey for my recent stay, I even received a personal response from management addressing my contextual answers (so I know it wasn't automated). Needless to say, I have a new favorite place to stay in Seattle! Definitely will return; definitely would recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Yes its true, I am not automated, you can usually tell becuase I am a fan of punctuation (Shakespeare never used punctuation, why should I) . Many of our guests receive an on line survey which pops up in 15 managers in- boxes, and I respond to everyone of them. Just like Tripadvisor, what you say matters to me. Your comments of course made my day, I hear from guests frequently that they gave us a try after being disappointed at one of our competitors hotels and generally the experience converts them to seeking Kimptons across the land. On occasion I stay at one of the 'other hotels' in the city or when I am traveling and while we arent perfect, I truly believe the stay at a Kimpton hotel (this one in particular of course) really makes you notice how bland one of the big names can be. Thanks for giving us a try.
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love this hotel! The service was amazing! From the minute we checked in everyone was so friendly and helpful! The valet even parked and emptied our car for us and brought it up to the room! The room was spacious and elegant with an amazing view of the city! We were within walking distance of so many fabulous stores and restaurants as well as two malls! Overall it was amazing and I would recommend the Moroccan to everyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Ashley, thanks for the nice note, I am gleaning from your tone that you enjoyed your stay? You of course are so right, the location of the hotel and the way we have renovated the building, make any night, weekend or long stay here, a real treat. Check out Kimpton hotels web site for all the other Kimptons in your area, and come back soon!
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed for 5 nights at the Monaco. It was my first visit. It was lovely. The room was huge and the bathroom was well lit.
I had to leave early every morning and the valets always had by car ready right on time. I ate twice in the restaurant and was impressed with the service and the menu!
At night, we often walked to dinner and we were close to everything!
I LOVE this hotel. I felt like a princess!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Princess Cindy,
Thanks so much for the nice note! you are welcome back here anytime. The menu in Sazerac is so great, that eating there two nights in a row, not too much of a task! The roasted chicken or the catfish could change your thoughts about any bad day! Come back soon.
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed one night at the Kimpton Monaco Seattle first week of November. Booked the hotel thru Priceline so wasn't sure what this hotel was all about. Arrived around 9pm. Check in was very quick. Front desk staff was very nice. The decor of the hotel is very modern, artistic design. It looks like it was recently renovated. Everything was clean and comfortable.

Overall surprised by how good the hotel was. I normally stay at the Westin and Hyatt's so this was an unknown change for the good. The only thing preventing me from giving a 5 star rating is the high valet parking cost. After taxes, parking cost $47! There is street parking but downtown Seattle doesn't come across as super safe!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
yep, with Priceline sometimes you hit the jackpot (that would be a stay at a Kimpton) glad you had a positive review of the hotel. We offer alot of the great rates you find at priceline on our website with many extra goodies, so check there next time first. Parking is expensive, but that extra 10 bucks knowing your car is in a secure, locked parking lot vs. out on the street all night and then there are those time constraints, and the tow trucks are a hungry lot. thanks for the note.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We visit Seattle from time to time and have tried a few hotels. Without a doubt, I have to say that we LOVE the Monaco best of all. Staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming. Rooms are clean, modern, and spacious. Beds and linen are great too. The hotel is also very central so we walk everywhere. Needless to say, I'm a fan.

My wife and I traveled with our three kids. We stayed in 2 adjoining rooms. A rollaway bed was added to the kids room (also very comfortable).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Well Adam, we love you too. Not sure if your kids are the ones who sent me the note saying 'i want to live here forever' but if so, tell them that a 4 year degree in hotel mgmt will start them off nicely. 2 adjoining rooms for a family is a great perk, or those Monte Carlo suites with a rollaway are also a great family suite. Enjoy.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here and loved it!! Everything was as described or as shown in pictures. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was very clean and well renovated. Very tasteful!! We took advantage of having a rm pet, Barry the goldfish. The location was awesome. A few blocks away from shopping, Pike Market and great restaurants. Would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012
Barry send his best regards. Our fish program is alot of fun and no they dont live in those little bowls all their lives, they have a huge tank downstairs where they swim freely, are fed continously and cared for lavishly with their own 'fish guy' if you would like a fish during your stay, just give the desk a call. Thanks for the nice review, come back soon!
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

For the price this hotel is fabulous! They offer complimentary coffee/tea, pastries and whole fruit in the lobby until 11am and then have a complimentary wine cocktail hour from 5-6, but actually while we were there they served the wine until almost 7pm.

Rooms are not overly spacious, but perfect for 2 people on a weekend getaway. I will say that the decor was trying to be hip and a throw back to art deco but they didn't quite make it. The decor is a bit fragmented but that didn't distract from the overall stay.

Staff is pleasant but didn't go out of their way to be helpful. They more went through the functions. This is what you expect from a 3-4 star hotel.

Overall it was a great stay and I would go back on my next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the nice review! appreciate your perspective. This building is a renovated office building from the 60s - very common for Kimpton to do, and as such all the rooms are different sizes and shapes, so your not overly spacious room was next door to one that was huge, but that is part of us not being like all those cookie cutter hotels next door!
come back soon!
Tom.

Been to Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!