“A new Seattle Favorite ...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Sacramento, California
“A new Seattle Favorite ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Monaco as part of a business meeting. The hotel location, staff and ambiance all made for a nice stay. My hotel room upstairs and the meeting room downstairs (Level LL) both met this seasoned travelers expectations a seasoned traveler. Located on 4th, it's just a few blocks down to the waterfront piers. And yes, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Well from a seasoned traveller, I appreciate that we met your expectations! The location of the hotel is only one of its many positive aspects, but appreciate you noting it. We are a great business hotel, with excellent meeting space for corporate to weddings the hotel does everything, recently I was at a wedding reception in Sazerac that was a blast. Thanks for the nice comments.
Tom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Salem, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Hotel Monaco in Seattle and like every other Kimpton Hotel that I've stayed at, I had an awesome experience!
From the moment I arrived, I was greeted promptly by the valet, check in was a breeze and Kevin the concierge was a gem in getting me settled in to my room.
Not sure how I ended up on the 10th floor, but with my own "express elevator" to the floor, I felt pretty VIP! I will definitely ask to be on that floor again when I return.
The restaurant Sazerac has a great happy hour that my guests and I took advantage of. The small bites were perfect for what we wanted and the staff from every department of the hotel was courteous and professional.
I can't wait to stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask to be on floors 9, 10 or 11! You get your own elevator and it's an express one!! Perfect w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Floors 9, 10 and 11 are our Premier floors and have some special features on them, one of which is your own elevator. Love to say it was done for the hotel but the original building as a Power Switching station, had offices up on 9 10 and 11 and their own elevator. The building was converted to a hotel in the 90's and this little odd feature was kept. Premier rooms cost a little more, but they are worth it!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I just left Seattle from an 8 day vacation. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco all 8 days and absolutely loved it. They were really on top of their game at all hours. The valets were great. The concierge purchased a beautiful bouquet of flowers and arranged wine for my birthday (per the request of my husband - It was an amazing surprise). The rooms were fabulous and super comfortable. The staff was polite and courteous. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The goldfish (Dorothy) was a really nice touch as I'm quite the animal lover and really missed my furry friends while we were gone. Dorothy was a nice distraction. Also, facilities were great. Fitness Center was small, but great. It had anything that was needed for daily workouts on vacation and at no charge. I would highly recommend staying here and will do so myself when we return to Seattle sometime in the future. Also..Sazerac is a great restaurant. Make sure you try it at least once. I miss the Hotel Monaco and Seattle already. Thanks so much for a fantastic vacation experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in a premier room. It was great and worth the extra dough if it's something you'r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Eight days! wow we should have put you the payroll. I hope I had the opportunity to meet you at wine hour, I was the tall guy with a moustache, incredibly good looking.... we certainly appreciate you noting the friendliness of the staff, the impact on the guest from a group of people who really enjoy each other and have a terrific time every day comes through with our guests. sure appreciate you noting this in your review. Come back! we miss you too!
Jamul, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Lovely hotel, beautiful lobby, looks to be recently decorated with the trendy decor reminiscent of the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. Staff was very friendly, nice clean gym with several treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 2 recumbent bikes and nice chrome free weights. Nice beds, and I have a cranky back that usually ache after a couple nights in an unfamiliar bed, but not here. No in-room coffee, but Starbucks coffee (decaf and regular plus hot water and an assortment of tea) was provided free in the lobby before 9AM. There is a Starbucks right next-door. Great location. I got a great room rate through an online aggregator, however the savings quickly evaporated after paying $47+ (including taxes) for valet parking (plus tips, as valet is the only option). Nice wide flat screen TV's with crappy, grainy stretched out low-definition signal, which I just don't get (as a business traveler, I'm not much for carousing at night and like to watch a ballgame, movie, etc while I work. For a business travel weekend during football season this is a show-stopper).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thanks for the great notes on the guest room! we recently renovated the hotel and the health club is next so it will just keep getting better. Sorry for the sticker shock with the parking but we monitor the area hotels and lots and our rates are equal to or better than the hotels in the area. The rates are posted on the web site and at the front door. The cost includes unlimited in and outs for a 24 hour period, in a dry secure and safe lot. there are public lots in the area about $10 less per night, but even my old jalopy rests easier knowing that its in a secure lot!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I visited Seattle for a quick, two day trip to celebrate our anniversary. The Monaco is in a great location if you want to experience a lot and don't want to worry about driving/parking. We walked to fantastic restaurants (Purple Cafe, Sweet Iron Waffles), fun bars (Zig Zag Cafe, BOKA), tons of shopping (Pike Place, waterfront Piers), and we were just a short cab ride away from "tailgating" at Pyramid and watching a last minute Mariners game. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time out on the town, but the Monaco was a solid "home" to come back to. Wine hour at the Kimpton's are always a plus, Sazerac had a great happy hour menu, the rooms were spacious and clean. There seemed to be minimal staff on hand, we were there on a Sunday-Tuesday so there is probably more downtime on the off days. It just seemed odd and different from my usual very friendly Kimpton experiences. Most of my preferences were met upon arrival (foam pillows - yes! 3rd floor though - boo!). No champagne and truffles waiting for us this time though (The Palomar in D.C. set the bar pretty high) but it was a great anniversary nonetheless!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMatthehotel, General Manager at Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
yikes, how did we miss your anniversary, we are great at noting these special events, you have my sincere apologies! i so enjoyed the list of great restaurants you wrote about, you did miss one! Tulio just up the street is hands down the best Italian in the city. The Salmon Ravioli will change your life! You were here during a busy/crazy week and all hands were on deck, come back soon and really let us spoil you!
Tom .
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Girlfriend and I were debating a place to stay for a short overnight trip to Seattle. We decided on the Hotel Monaco and are glad we did. We both stated that when we come back to Seattle that we're going to stay at the same hotel.

We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff who were able to check us in and answer any of our questions without hesitation. We were early so our room wasn't ready which we already figured would happen but didn't mind since we were going to the Mariner's game anyway.

Upon returning our room was ready for us and we got handed our room keys and headed for the room. We stayed in their Mediterranean Suite on the 11th floor. Was greeted by a nice bottle of wine and some chocolates, a bit of an added touch!

Took part in their wine hour and relaxed in the lounge for a short bit.

Overall quality of the hotel was great, location was within walking distance of everything (didn't have to take my car from the valet once during my stay)

Definitely would recommend people to stay here in the future.

Don't forget to ask for a pet goldfish if you're feeling a bit lonely! ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
You seemed to hit on so many of the touches that make the Monaco Special, thanks for noting the friendly staff, they read these reviews and it is great to know that those crazy days are appreciated by our guests. Med. Suites are a special room type, lots of space and a true feeling that you are somewhere special. Come back soon!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I had a great opportunity to stay at Hotel Monaco , last weekend, from the moment my car was parked by the valet,, till I left,, it was the perfect place to be in Seattle .
Right downtown close to any and everything! Perfect location! AND Clean as a whistle, in every way!!
The very best meal of the trip was also right at the hotel in it's " SAZERAC"!! Great chefs!! That KNOW their stuff!! They even have a Woodstone pizza oven !! Best location, best food , best time,,,thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed August 2012
I will take six stars! hey thanks so much, here is a tip from the GM in regards to Sazerac. if you can sit at the bar by the kitchen and watch the group of guys working in there, they are always open to discussing their food and providing samples. great experience which I have enjoyed several times. Thanks for the enthusiastic review!
Tom.

Been to Hotel Monaco Seattle - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!