After arriving to this hotel, at the reception the first thing the hotel staff was doing was trying to issue us a membership card. I did not care, and I also did not bother that services which were included in the price for the room were claimed to be provided just in exchange for becoming a registered member. I did care, however, about getting a twin room with two separate beds instead of a double room, which I originally booked. Went back down to reception, where they offered another room, purportedly an upgrade to a „VIP room” (actual words from hotel staff). It turned out to be a room for persons with disabilities. As it is quite hard to get to the hotel, we did not want to mess with trying to find another hotel in Paris in the late afternoon, we tried to come to an agreement. We have been promised to get moved to a proper double room the other day.
Tried to get dinner afterwards. The restaurant staff was quite impolite, I still ordered scallops. This meant some disgusting greasy mashed potatoes with three scallops atop in the end for 10+ EURs (we are in France after all), which turned out to be a quite positive thing in the end – I was vomiting the whole night from those three scallops, so I wonder what could a proper amount have caused…
The other day I was quite weak – despite of that, when not giving us a proper double room as promised, we decided to leave the hotel. The hotel overcharged the booked price with 17 EURs, claiming that they disclosed information on the costs for an „extra person” – which they did not do.
Wrote a letter on all the issues to Jean-Pierre Benaiteau, sales & marketing director of the hotel. No response ever received.
On the given day, we had to find another hotel, with myself being in a very weak condition after the food poisoning caused by the dinner the previous day.
All in all, my worst experience ever with a hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy Hotel
- Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy Hotel Clichy
- Holiday Inn Clichy
- Clichy Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy Europe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the discerning travellers looking for a brand new hip and comfortable hotel in Paris , the ultimate choice is the Holiday Inn Paris Porte de Clichy.Located beside Porte de Clichy and Paris 17th, near Paris ring road 'PÃ©riphÃ©rique', MÃ©tro (line 13) and RER C, the Paris Hotel can be easily reached from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport or Gare du Nord train station. The Holiday Inn Paris - Porte de Clichy is also within minutes of Montmartre, Saint Ouen Flee market , the Eiffel Tower (that can be seen from some of the rooms), or the Champs ElysÃ©es and other main attractions.This Paris hotel has a perfect location to do business in Clichy, Levallois-Perret, Neuilly, Saint-Ouen and La DÃ©fense.Take advantage of this Hotel in Paris located between the Stade de France and Porte Maillot and between Paris and Villepinte .This Hotel in Paris has AC in all the rooms. These rooms are also sound proofed and equipped with exclusive bed mattress, flat screen TV s, safe, mini-fridge and WiFi, black out curtains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Paris-Porte De Clichy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.