“Interesting Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 49 Activities in Skagway
More attraction details
Owner description: Southeast Tours is a 22 year old company that was recently purchased in May of 2012 by Heath & Jaime Goebel. Both owners are Alaska residents with long term entreprenerial backgrounds in tourism. The tour company specializes in excursiions inside the Yukon Territory, Northwest Canada, and Southeast Alaska.
Palmdale, CA
“Interesting Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We took the deluxe Yukon tour out of Skagway, and our driver, the owner and Jaime at the desk couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. I'd forgotten our passports but we had time and Jaime took us back to the ship and our driver picked us up there in plenty of time. I know his name started with K, I think Keith or Kevin, anyway he was very informative the whole way. Into Canada my husband spotted a moose. When we returned that way we were looking and found a Mama Bear and two healthy cubs. We stopped and took many photos, within the minibus. The mama bear came towards the road and was eating the new wildflowers. The babies stayed away. Other tour companies stopped too when they saw us stop. We were very disappointed that there wasn't much snow. Global Warming has affected Alaska.

Charlotte, North Carolina, Usa
8 attraction reviews
“The worst tour I have ever taken”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I still can't believe I wasted an entire day on this tour. We took the deluxe Yukon tour. We loaded the van and headed out. The first part of the tour was in a cloud. You could see very little and the tour driver didn't have much to say. I ended up sleeping and my husband read. We ended up, two boring hours later, at a place called Caribou Crossing. It reminded me of a Soith of the Border stop. The two museums conisted of stuffed wildlife with sounds piped in. The included lunch was a piece of chicken, potato, cole slaw, and mini donuts. All served luke warm. There was a petting zoo, dogs, etc. It was hideous. It reminded me of something Clark Griswold would visit with cousin Eddie in "Alaskan Vacation". Do yourself a favor and skip this. The tour driver was very nice, but this trip was a complete waste of a day.

Visited June 2013
Heath G, Owner at Southeast Tours - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

As the owner, I would like to first and foremost apologize that you had a bad experience. After reading your review, I personally investigated every aspect of your case to make sure that our standards of customer satisfaction are being maintained. I instructed our drivers on ways to keep the tours fun and interesting when mother nature doesn't cooperate. I also met with the owner of Caribou Crossing to explain your concerns about the chicken dinner. I went up there with no advance notice and ate the chicken. My meal was cooked right and tasted delicious. I am not undermining your experience; however, I am suggesting that maybe your meal was a fluke event. We have thousands of people a season go on this tour and eat this meal, and we have not had any other issues so hopefully this was an isolated event. Historically, the Yukon Discovery Tour is our highest rated tour with the most positive comments. In closing, I will use your review as a tool to help our guides provide even better experiences for future travelers.

Heath Goebel
Owner
Southeast Tours
San Antonio, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Skagway Southeast Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Go to the Popcorn shop on the main street. At the back of the store is a station for Southeast Tours. The lady was so accommodating for us! It was late in the day for tours (2:30) but she got on the phone and got us on a tour that picked us us right at the popcorn shop. We (3 of us) went to the summit and back on a small bus with another couple, with information and narration the entire way. We felt bad for the people who paid $120 to ride the train and didn't get to do all the stops along the way for pictures like we did. A much better option than the train, and all for only $45 USD. What a deal! Thanks, Southeast Tours!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Great tour and a great tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our group of 10 booked a private tour of White Pass and Dyea. The tour company worked with us to create a customized tour since some of our group did not have passports. Our tour guide Alisa (sp?) was the best. She was very friendly and also very knowledgeable about the area and the sights. We're very glad we booked this tour and would definitely book with them again next time we're back in Skagway.

Lake Orion, Michigan
“Awesome Tour ! Highly recommended !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We took the tour. My family and I had a great time, we would HIGHLY recommend. Good for all ages.

2 thumbs up ! We will be back again next year.

Visited May 2013