Trail of '98 Tours (T N Tours) - Skagway Private Tours
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Trail of '98 Tours(T N Tours) - Skagway Private Tours. Enjoy the comfort and privacy of your own mini-bus on you Skagway Private Tours. For one flat rate you have the owner/guide and bus for the day on your Skagway Alaska Excursions. Follow the historic trail of the 1898 Gold Rush over White Pass into Canada's Yukon Territory. Search for goats, bears, and other wildlife while travelling the Klondike, one of North America's most scenic highways en route to the historic town of Carcross. Options include a visit to a wildlife gallery museum with Iditarod dog musher camp, dog cart rides, gold panning, a stop for lunch, and even a hike in the worlds smallest desert. Approximately 150 miles roundtrip for your Skagway Tour.
South Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I arranged for our group of 13 to take this tour out of our Skagway stop on our cruise. I wasn't really sure what to expect but we all simply loved it! Tom was the perfect host, knowledgeable and interesting. There was so much to see and learn, I had no idea. He knew right where some bears had been and sure enough there they were. He was happy to pull over and let us snap away. All the stops were well planned and it truly made for a delightful day for our group ranging in age from 10 to 60 something!

Visited August 2012

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Wonderful tour with Tom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We only had 5 people on our tour but what a wonderful experience! Tom was a superb guide and could spot wildlife from the van. He would pull over and jump out and set up his tripod and Lupold spotting scope! We all piled out to see the dall sheep, swan, and a black wolf. The Yukon trail was beautiful and the day was warm and sunny. Emerald Lake is beautiful and we got a historical narrative all along the way. It was great -- I highly recommend Tom and his company TN Tours. My son got engaged at the glacier desert per Tom's suggestion, a beautiful spot. Now, a wedding to plan.... Thanks, Tom!

Orlando, Florida, United States
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Trail of the 98 Tours was the best! Tom was experienced and a WONDERFUL tour guide! The sights were breath taking! We enjoyed every minute of this tour, sad when it was over. Thank You Tom!!!!! If you're going to Alaska TAKE THIS TOUR!!!

Jeanette and Tom
Rhapsody of the Sea 9/10/12

Canton OH
“THE Highlight of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Tom Strand met our group of 8 at 7:30 am, right on schedule. His 8-passenger vehicle provided easy access on and off at the many stops he made at our request or his suggestion for photo ops or just to view the jaw-dropping scenery. His commentary on the weather, the history of the area we traversed and the people who pioneered that wilderness in search of gold was fascinating and enlightening. Tom knows his stuff. At each stop, he checked the area first with high-powered binoculars, then set up an even more high-powered telescope on a tripod and invited us to view sheep, goats and a bald eagle. No bears that day. I would highly recommend, as he did, Chilkoot Trail Authentic Sourdough Bakery for lunch. We were never rushed. The entire day with Tom was relaxed and informative and the BEST day of our trip to Alaska and the Yukon.

Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Nothing but excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently visited Skagway via a cruise with a group of 12 people, and I coordinated this excursion as an alternative to the cruise ship offerings. Michele was patient and friendly while I worked through "herding the cats" of our group into a decision, providing me with prompt answers to my questions during the process of booking. Ultimately, all 12 decided to go, and we chose the Emerald Lake excursion.

Tom picked my wife and I up right off the boat early in the morning, accomodating the two of us as we chose to ride the WPYR train to Fraser. He took us to the depot, made sure we got our tickets, and saw us to our train car. He even provided us with a short tour of town on the way there. Once we were settled, he went back and got the rest of our group and escorted them to Fraser, stopping to show them waterfalls and wildlife along the way. From there we joined up and headed to Caribou Crossing and Carcross. Tom was friendly, patient, very informative, and an excellent host. He spent much more time than he needed to with us, and it was greatly appreciated by eveyone.

The members of our group were still thanking me for organizing the trip days later, but Tom and Michele deserve all the credit. They run a first class operation, and I can't recommend them highly enough.