“Nothing but excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 activities in Skagway
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Trail of '98 Tours (TNT) - Enjoy the comfort and privacy of your own mini-bus. For one flat rate you have the owner/guide and bus for the day. Follow the historic trail of the 1898 Gold Rush over White Pass into Canada's Yukon Territory. Search for goats, bears, and other wildlife while travelling the Klondike, one of North America's most scenic highways en route to the historic town of Carcross. Options include a visit to a wildlife gallery museum with Iditarod dog musher camp, dog cart rides, gold panning, a stop for lunch, and even a hike in the worlds smallest desert. Approximately 150 miles roundtrip.
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Nothing but excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently visited Skagway via a cruise with a group of 12 people, and I coordinated this excursion as an alternative to the cruise ship offerings. Michele was patient and friendly while I worked through "herding the cats" of our group into a decision, providing me with prompt answers to my questions during the process of booking. Ultimately, all 12 decided to go, and we chose the Emerald Lake excursion.

Tom picked my wife and I up right off the boat early in the morning, accomodating the two of us as we chose to ride the WPYR train to Fraser. He took us to the depot, made sure we got our tickets, and saw us to our train car. He even provided us with a short tour of town on the way there. Once we were settled, he went back and got the rest of our group and escorted them to Fraser, stopping to show them waterfalls and wildlife along the way. From there we joined up and headed to Caribou Crossing and Carcross. Tom was friendly, patient, very informative, and an excellent host. He spent much more time than he needed to with us, and it was greatly appreciated by eveyone.

The members of our group were still thanking me for organizing the trip days later, but Tom and Michele deserve all the credit. They run a first class operation, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Visited September 2012

Washington, DC
“Best Excursion of Our Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

After a lot of research, we chose T N Tours for our Skagway excursion. We are all so glad we did! My husband and I, my parents, his parents, and his grandpa took an Alaskan cruise to celebrate my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. We range in age from 33 to 89 and have a lot of different interests when taking a tour. (Grandpa also has limited mobility.) I'd say we are a complicated group. =) Since this was the only day our whole family would spend together doing the same excursion, I wanted to make sure we got it just right.

T N Tours was perfect! Michele made booking the tour and all of the arrangements a breeze. I could already tell we were in good hands. Tom picked us up the day of our tour and took us to the train station. We rode the train to Fraser, BC where Tom picked us up. I am SO glad we had more of a tour than the train. Though the train was a cool concept, the fog was as think as jam. After 20 minutes, we couldn't see ANYTHING out the window. What a disappointment!

Fortunately, once Tom drove us into the Yukon, the clouds lifted, and we got beautiful views. We had so much fun exploring the Yukon and the different sites as a family. Tom was incredibly knowledgeable about the history of the gold rush. We had a few people who are huge history buffs and a few who just wanted to take pictures. Tom was able to please both groups, which is pretty tough. On our trip, we saw six bears (4 of were right by the van!) and 21 dahl sheep. Our bakery visit was delicious.

After returning home, we all agreed this was our favorite day. This is one of those "once in a lifetime" trips, especially with so much family together. I wanted the day to be one that we could treasure as a family. T N Tours combined great logistics, professionalism, an engaging and fun tour guide, and an understanding of the must see sights. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for such a wonderful day!

Visited August 2012
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
“The memories will be with us always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

While our trip was almost 2 months ago, I can still remember our day in Skagway and our tour with Tom from Trail of '98 Tours very vividly. It was August 28th, 2012, and it was a wonderful day from start to end. We lucked out when we made our reservation a week earlier. I wasn't sure when I called Trail of '98 Tours if they would still have availability on such short notice. I left a voice message, and Michelle returned my call later in the afternoon. She helped me to identify the right tour for our family. We wanted to travel into the Yukon, as well as visit a Dog Sled camp. We have a very fussy 7 year old, and Michelle assured me we would be able to find him something to eat in a small city near the Dog Sled camp. She also helped us plan our day well by suggesting we leave earlier to beat the crowds, and she was very right. Tom met us promptly at 7:30 as we left the cruise ship. He escorted us to his beautiful small bus where our family of 8 would travel on our private tour into the Yukon. Tom shared a lot of information about the history of the area as we traveled, and stopped at the best places for optimal viewing of the scenery. He was equiped with binoculars and a high-powered telescope to assist us in seeing the mountain goats on the mountainside. I was impressed with the books and brochures Tom had on the bus for us to browse through, as well as the beverages and snacks to keep us from getting too hungary before we could get to the deli where we had lunch in Canada. The weather was spectacular, and our tour with Tom was equally exceptional. Thank you so much for helping to make our day so memorable!

Visited July 2012
Aiken, South Carolina
“Emerald lake tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our tour was August 25,2012. I put together a group of eight from a cruise critic thread. After reading reviews of TNTOURS, I felt we couldn't go wrong. It was an amazing trip. Michele met us at the dock and walked with us to the van to introduce us to her husband, Tom. He was our tour guide for the next 6 hours, and he was fantastic!!! He was not only very knowledgable but also very entertaining! We stopped along the way and got off the van and he always looked through his binoculars to try to spot animals for us, and he was usually successful. He then would set up a monocular to let us look. We saw so much and learned so much. We all agreed that this was a fantastic tour. Would highly recommend Tom and Michele for your tour in Skagway .

Visited August 2012
Bay City, Michigan
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our family of 8 was done with our fishing early afternoon and looking for another excursion for the rest of the day. Michele was very nice and accomidating. They let us go on the tour with just our family. Her husband Tom was the driver and he was amazing. We ended up getting as long of a tour as we wanted for the price we had already paid. If we wanted to stop at any time or stay longer in one place we could. Tom said we dictate what we want to do on the tour. He new so much about the area and had a lot of wonderful information to give. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend with tour to anyone going to Alaska. It's a family owned company!! They are good people!!!

Visited July 2012