“The memories will be with us always!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 44 Activities in Skagway
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Trail of '98 Tours (TNT) - Enjoy the comfort and privacy of your own mini-bus. For one flat rate you have the owner/guide and bus for the day. Follow the historic trail of the 1898 Gold Rush over White Pass into Canada's Yukon Territory. Search for goats, bears, and other wildlife while travelling the Klondike, one of North America's most scenic highways en route to the historic town of Carcross. Options include a visit to a wildlife gallery museum with Iditarod dog musher camp, dog cart rides, gold panning, a stop for lunch, and even a hike in the worlds smallest desert. Approximately 150 miles roundtrip.
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
“The memories will be with us always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

While our trip was almost 2 months ago, I can still remember our day in Skagway and our tour with Tom from Trail of '98 Tours very vividly. It was August 28th, 2012, and it was a wonderful day from start to end. We lucked out when we made our reservation a week earlier. I wasn't sure when I called Trail of '98 Tours if they would still have availability on such short notice. I left a voice message, and Michelle returned my call later in the afternoon. She helped me to identify the right tour for our family. We wanted to travel into the Yukon, as well as visit a Dog Sled camp. We have a very fussy 7 year old, and Michelle assured me we would be able to find him something to eat in a small city near the Dog Sled camp. She also helped us plan our day well by suggesting we leave earlier to beat the crowds, and she was very right. Tom met us promptly at 7:30 as we left the cruise ship. He escorted us to his beautiful small bus where our family of 8 would travel on our private tour into the Yukon. Tom shared a lot of information about the history of the area as we traveled, and stopped at the best places for optimal viewing of the scenery. He was equiped with binoculars and a high-powered telescope to assist us in seeing the mountain goats on the mountainside. I was impressed with the books and brochures Tom had on the bus for us to browse through, as well as the beverages and snacks to keep us from getting too hungary before we could get to the deli where we had lunch in Canada. The weather was spectacular, and our tour with Tom was equally exceptional. Thank you so much for helping to make our day so memorable!

Aiken, South Carolina
“Emerald lake tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our tour was August 25,2012. I put together a group of eight from a cruise critic thread. After reading reviews of TNTOURS, I felt we couldn't go wrong. It was an amazing trip. Michele met us at the dock and walked with us to the van to introduce us to her husband, Tom. He was our tour guide for the next 6 hours, and he was fantastic!!! He was not only very knowledgable but also very entertaining! We stopped along the way and got off the van and he always looked through his binoculars to try to spot animals for us, and he was usually successful. He then would set up a monocular to let us look. We saw so much and learned so much. We all agreed that this was a fantastic tour. Would highly recommend Tom and Michele for your tour in Skagway .

Visited August 2012
Bay City, Michigan
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our family of 8 was done with our fishing early afternoon and looking for another excursion for the rest of the day. Michele was very nice and accomidating. They let us go on the tour with just our family. Her husband Tom was the driver and he was amazing. We ended up getting as long of a tour as we wanted for the price we had already paid. If we wanted to stop at any time or stay longer in one place we could. Tom said we dictate what we want to do on the tour. He new so much about the area and had a lot of wonderful information to give. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend with tour to anyone going to Alaska. It's a family owned company!! They are good people!!!

Phoenix, AZ
“The stars were aligned for our short visit to Skagway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our tour was July, 22nd 2012. We were a large group of 14 on our first cruise to Alaska with a stop in Skagway. We decided not to arrange an excursion through the cruise line due to the added expense, and we could not agree about taking the popular train trip.

As my wife and I walked off the ship Tom, the owner of Trail of '98 Tours (T N Tours), happened to be pulling up in his 14 passenger, deluxe tour bus. Tom was very friendly and offered a tour up the pass following the train route later in the afternoon. He gave us directions to their office a few blocks away where his wife Michelle could help us if we wanted something earlier, or just to provide general information about what to do in Skagway. We did take the National Park’s walking tour which I highly recommend too.

We made the right choice and scheduled Tom for later in the day with plenty of time to get back onboard. Michelle met our group by the ship, which she really did not need to, but it was appreciated.

Tom was a fantastic guide and shared the history of the area as we drove up the pass. The scenery was amazing and the weather cooperated. On our way back, Tom suggested a couple of additional stops at an overlook above Skagway, and the historic cemetery and falls, everyone enjoyed both.

I would recommend contacting Tom and Michelle prior to arriving in Skagway. The stars aligned and we lucked into our best shore excursion of our trip. I did not realize until I got home and looked up TNT on Trip advisor, that we were with the #1 rated tour guide, and company, in Skagway.

Charleston
7 attraction reviews
“Outstanding tour and top notch guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

It is a rare find to have a guide who places your enjoyment and vacation time above all else, including their own time and pocketbook. Tom is that kind of class individual. He is intelligent,informative, and an incredible resource. He Is incredibly patient and adapts the tour to the groups interests. I have gone on countless cruise excursions with thecruise liners recommended guides, simply put, he blows them away! If you can get him, book him!!!you will be glad that you did!!

Visited August 2012