“Constant Curry Smell” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 30 hotels in Kennesaw
“Constant Curry Smell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was a little better than staying in a car, but not much. We were there for three days. For the entire three days the room reeked of curry. The smell was so strong that even spraying deodorizer and opening the window didn't help.
We were on a business trip and we were only in the room a few hours a night to sleep. So instead of trying to change rooms we decided to tough it out. After all, we were certain the curry scent would fade. But there was more to follow.
The air vent in the bathroom leaked water all over the floor. Not a little drip. We had to keep towels on the bathroom floor to soak up the water.
Also, for some reason our room keys would suddenly stop working and we would have to go the front desk to get new keys. This happened several times. In fact, once even one of the new keys stopped working!
Sure, there is a full kitchen in the room. But you have to go to the front office to ask for cups, or plates, or silverware....the normal things you would expect to find in a kitchen.
The Grab and Go Breakfast is more of a kindergarten snack. It shouldn't be called breakfast.
If you are still considering staying there, I should warn you the walls are very thin.
This is where you stay if your life hasn't worked out as well as you'd hoped.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for three nights with my family. During our trip, we stayed Holiday Inn in Asheville area and Wingate by Wyndham in downtown Atlanta. Among them, my parents love this place the most as the room is clean and they can cook their own food at the kitchen in the room. (If you are very peculiar about food or want to save some money by cooking your own food, this place is the best option in Kennesaw area). But most of all, we were stunned by friendly staff who understood our situation and tried to provide us the best option they could give. Lora let us stay few more hours after the regular check-out time as we didn't have a place to store our luggage until my graduation ceremony on that day. It helped us a lot to move around and my parents were happy about the kindness. For my future visit in Kennesaw, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a few days in between moving apartments so needed a cheap short-term place to stay--I was hesitant about staying at this hotel at first since some reviews noted that it was smelly & rough but decided to give it a shot. I was surprisingly impressed with the room and staff. The room obviously isn't 4-star hotel like but for the price of the hotel I was impressed--the carpet seems relatively new, laminate hardwoods in the kitchen and bathroom also seem new. There are updated modern fixtures and chairs and the bed was clean and comfortable. I did buy a candle because there was a bit of a strange smell but to be honest I think it was because the walls had recently been painted. I did request a non-smoking room and was happy that at no point during my stay did I smell any cigarette smoke. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a clean, comfortable, affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: Request non-smoking
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Ryan - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and comfort of your room. We are glad that we could exceed your expectations and provide you with a pleasant stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was okay, however it want not very clean. Dirty countertops In the kitchen, dirty bathroom door.
The Hotel could use a slight upgrade.
This hotel however is in a good location.
I will probably not choose it again however

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the worst motel!!! The rooms were filthy and outdated, the pool area was never cleaned and elevator and common areas were the same! The stove in my room didn't work and for the two weeks there not once did they clean my room. The maid told me that they do not clean every day, I had to take out trash and get my towels from front desk!!!! Breakfast was sad if there, out of supplies for three consecutive days ( was told ) supply truck not on time !?

Stayed August 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

With my job I stay in a variety of motels/hotels. By far this was the worst I've every stayed in. Upon entering the ground floor the carpet is stained and has an odor which lingered throughout the building. The towels/wash clothes in my room were rough and quite dingy. Housekeeping hair or someone's hair were on the comforter/pillow which these strands transferred to my clothing.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a relatively clean hotel that is reasonably priced. Hotel staff, Lorna and Janet were very accommodating and friendly. Lots of places to eat in surrounding area. I would visit again. It was a quiet visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff, especially Lorna and Janet. We are glad that we could provide you with a quiet, clean, and affordable stay.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center? Share your experiences!