Although this is my first time reviewing a hotel, it certainly isn’t my first hotel stay. I usually use tripadvisor when researching places to stay, so I figured it is about time to pay it forward. My husband and I needed a hotel for one night for a concert we were going to in ATL. We decided to go for the much cheaper option of staying farther from downtown versus paying more to be within walking distance to the concert venue. We got an extremely low rate on priceline, and overall, everything would have been worth the rate except for the last con listed below.
- Great value that included fridge, stove, etc. (would be awesome for longer stays)
- Free wi-fi (slightly slow)
- Overall comfortable (bed slightly hard but no problems sleeping on it)
- Good AC
- Room strongly smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room (only the cold AC helped conceal it slightly)
- No king-sized bed available
- Only bathroom amenities offered is soap, although the receptionist offered a basket of items available should we have forgotten something
- Grab and go breakfast had meager offerings (packaged muffins, granola bars, apples, bananas and coffee). Also stops at 9:30 am
- Checkout time is 11:00 am (12:00 pm times are way better!)
- We were called at 10:40 am on checkout day by a man who was inquiring if we were staying another day. I told him no, which followed by him reminding us that checkout time was at 11:00 am. I have never had that experience in any of my hotel stays before! I felt it to be very rude. We still had 20 minutes, and I am a 32-year-old woman- I don’t need to be reminded of schedules and such. I manage taking care of those things just fine on my own. Additionally, in the call, there was no customer service or kindness- no, How are you? Have a great day! Nothing. Just a call to make sure we knew we had to be out in 20 minutes. Therefore, we felt super-rushed in those last 20 minutes and just annoyed overall. Not a fun way to start your Saturday.
Although, like I said, it was a great value and overall a fine stay, I likely would not choose this hotel again, even for the price we paid, just because that call was so off-putting. Customer service goes a long way- even in smaller, lower-priced hotels such as this one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Kennesaw
- Kennesaw Extended Stay