“Could Be a Great Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Ranked #9 of 30 hotels in Kennesaw
Nashville, Tennessee
“Could Be a Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Although this is my first time reviewing a hotel, it certainly isn’t my first hotel stay. I usually use tripadvisor when researching places to stay, so I figured it is about time to pay it forward. My husband and I needed a hotel for one night for a concert we were going to in ATL. We decided to go for the much cheaper option of staying farther from downtown versus paying more to be within walking distance to the concert venue. We got an extremely low rate on priceline, and overall, everything would have been worth the rate except for the last con listed below.

PROS:
- Great value that included fridge, stove, etc. (would be awesome for longer stays)
- Clean
- Free wi-fi (slightly slow)
- Overall comfortable (bed slightly hard but no problems sleeping on it)
- Good AC

CONS:
- Room strongly smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room (only the cold AC helped conceal it slightly)
- No king-sized bed available
- Only bathroom amenities offered is soap, although the receptionist offered a basket of items available should we have forgotten something
- Grab and go breakfast had meager offerings (packaged muffins, granola bars, apples, bananas and coffee). Also stops at 9:30 am
- Checkout time is 11:00 am (12:00 pm times are way better!)
- We were called at 10:40 am on checkout day by a man who was inquiring if we were staying another day. I told him no, which followed by him reminding us that checkout time was at 11:00 am. I have never had that experience in any of my hotel stays before! I felt it to be very rude. We still had 20 minutes, and I am a 32-year-old woman- I don’t need to be reminded of schedules and such. I manage taking care of those things just fine on my own. Additionally, in the call, there was no customer service or kindness- no, How are you? Have a great day! Nothing. Just a call to make sure we knew we had to be out in 20 minutes. Therefore, we felt super-rushed in those last 20 minutes and just annoyed overall. Not a fun way to start your Saturday.

Although, like I said, it was a great value and overall a fine stay, I likely would not choose this hotel again, even for the price we paid, just because that call was so off-putting. Customer service goes a long way- even in smaller, lower-priced hotels such as this one.

Room Tip: We only stayed in a non-smoking ground room which smelled of smoke. Bring a plugin air-freshener for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your had a smoke odor and it was a non smoking room. I discussed your comments with the team about the call you received prior to checking out, and in the future we will make sure not to make our guest feel rushed but welcome and important. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I invite you to contact me, at carrington@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

First pulled up to the hotel very well kept up. No problems checking in. Front desk was very friendly and fast. Told us all the info we needed. Room was right by the elevator but we didn't hear a thing. Room was super clean and organized. Didn't have that many channel's to choose from is the only bad thing I have to say about my stay. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. Everything you need is about a mile away. Love it.

• Stayed August 2013
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was a clean, nice and quality hotel for a very reasonable rate per night. The Front desk staff called Owen Chilongo was very helpful and friendly. Great place to spend the night when coming from out of state. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place was clean. The staff was super friendly. The rooms were really spacious. Good price for the room. Yeah they were blooked for all the single bed but the double beds room was not bad at all. If I had another choice to go there again I really would. I recommended this place for anyone who wants to get comfortable and just a kick back before going out of state again.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel in a excellent location off I-75. Overall cleanliness very good, easy check in, front staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Wish they had some type of point system fir number of nights stayed.

• Stayed June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I just finished an 8 week stay at this ESA. I don't have one complaint. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were very clean, The free wi-fi never dropped out on me. The laundry facilities were top notch. Very quiet rooms. Plenty of HOT water. The bedding was always crisp and clean. Stay here if you get the chance. And don't forget to tip the housekeeper. If I come back to Atlanta to work again you will find me right here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with everything we have to offer at the property. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Kennesaw, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel a lot for work and based on previous experience was a little hesitant about staying in an extended stay for a week with the family and dog while we re-located to Atlanta. The first thing that caught my eye was the reviews of this extended stay and the direct response to each review by management...great first impression that management took an active interest in customers and customer opinion....and the impression carried through during my entire stay.

From check-in to check-out, the entire family (and dog alike) were treated like distinguished guests and remembered each time we passed by the front desk. From the lobby to the room, everything was clean and well kept-up. Appliances, fixtures, everything was functional and either new or at least fresh.

The room was a typical extended stay room, with refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, sink, etc. The beds were a little on the small side but managable and most important clean! As a business traveller, it would have been more than perfect. As a family of four + a dog, it was a little cramped, and could have used a few more kid-friendly television channels, but I get the demographic ESA is serving so it was expected.

Honestly, bang-up job on this hotel guys! You've renewed my opinion of extended stay-type hotels and I hope others in your chain and hotel type follow suit.

And-- many thanks to Owen at the front desk. Top notch customer service, without fail!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I'm thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that we were able to have a positive impact on your view of Extended Stay Hotels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center? Share your experiences!