“Great location with comfy bed.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Sarasota, Florida
“Great location with comfy bed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel was a perfect location for my husband and I for our long trip from FL to TN. We wanted to get past Atlanta, then sleep a few hours then pick up our road trip again in the AM. This hotel is right off the interstate, so it was a perfect location for us. When we made the reservation we told the hotel that we would not be arriving until around 2 or 3AM. We arrived right at 2, and the girl at the front desk was all ready for us! She was very friendly and gave us a bottle of water and a bag of pretzels. She told us about the breakfast, but we were not planning on waking up early for that anyway. We picked this hotel because we didn't have to check out until 12pm! Thats usually unheard of for a hotel check out!

The room was clean, the bed was so comfortable! I usually have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep in hotel beds. This bed felt like memory foam and we chose a room with a king size bed so it was a good size for us!

The only complaint I have is that the room smelled so musty. You could smell it from the moment you walked in the room and the smell never went away. The room served its purpose for us, so I overlooked it. The staff was very friendly and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mrs. Davis,
I just want to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am grateful for the wonderful comments you provided and I do apologize for the smell you experienced in your room. My team and I are working diligently to eliminate the cause of the smell in some of our rooms. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you are in the area!
Lexy Bapst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Belleair Bluffs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stay here for one night (Sat) on my way North up I-75,

As a frequent Marriott guest I found the expected cleanliness and friendliness and amenities that I expect from a Fairfield Inn. What WAS outstanding was the communication, the after the say request for feedback, and the caring concern shown by the Property Manager (Lexi) for the feedback I did provide. This alone set this property above similar Marriott properties.

I would recommend staying here to my best friends, knowing they would be treated appropriately. Thanks for a peaceful, restful nights sleep!

Room Tip: I had a first floor room in the front (127) and experienced NO noise problems, as the property is se...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lexy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review! We are well aware of the many hotel choices you have in the area and we are grateful you chose to stay with us! We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please feel free to make me your point of contact if there is anything I can do to assist you!
Wishing you safe travels,
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was in a safe location. The parking was ample and easy. The room was a little dreary and dark but the bed was comfortable. The pool always said it was closed and it was locked even during hours it claimed to be open. You had to ask someone to unlock it to use it. Even when they did they never changed the sign to show it was open. The hot tub needed water added and made a lot of noise. There should be a mat where you re-enter the hotel as the floor is always slippery and you have to cross that floor to get back to your room even if you go through the main lobby which we always had to because or key did not work on the other doors. The breakfast is only open until 9am on weekdays and 9:30am on weekends which when I am on vacation does not leave room to sleep in. Most other places I have stayed have it open until 10am (on weekdays). It was very lackluster and not promptly refilled. The milk tasted sour as well. The breakfast room is very small & only has tables with 2 seats so if you have a family it is hard. A lot of people were standing to eat. They have very limited options for breakfast. I have stayed at many hotels with a much larger variety and that were open later and had bigger rooms. The staff was friendly though. But I would probably not book this hotel again if I was staying more than one day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lexy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Coyle,
Thank you for your review. We communicated last night and this morning in regards to your feedback. You should have received an email confirmation of the compensation I promised you. Thank you again for staying with us and for your loyalty to Marriott!
Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked this hotel for our drive to Chicago from Florida and there were plenty of choices in the area and this hotel seemed relatively well reviewed on Trip Advisor. It was a terrible let down and not at all what I expected from a Marriott property. Had we not been staying on points I would have asked for a refund...probably should have asked for my points back. Anyway, arrival went fine, I even received a bottle of water and cookies for being a rewards member. After exiting the elevator things went downhill rapidly. I have never, ever stayed anywhere with such thin walls. As we walked down the hallway to our room located at the very end, I could hear voices loud and clear from every room we passed. It was crazy. My kids even asked what was going on? People were not particularly loud, just nothing was stopping the sound. As soon as we entered the room we were hit with a wall of musty air. The room smelled horrible and when we tried to start the air conditioner it wouldn't work. I tried to call the front desk using the front desk button, but that didn't work so I dialed 0. The very nice gentleman at the front desk tried to give us instructions over the phone and then came up to try himself, but it wasn't working for him either. He then said he would find us another room, hopefully close so we didn't have to move far as our children had already put their PJ's on for the night. We were relocated right next door, and although the room was cooler it had the same horrible musty smell.
So, upon further inspection this is really a hotel with tons of maintenance issues but with a hip new paint job and curtains. From the pictures it looks fresh and new, but it's really just like an aging old hotel with new finishes to make it look good. Breakfast was fine, but then I head a couple ask the people at the table next to them if their room smelled musty and I knew it wasn't just us. We didn't even stay long enough to shower. We just wanted fresh air.
The only thing that was Marriott quality was the gentleman working the front desk and his willingness to help.

Room Tip: Maybe try the Residence Inn next door instead.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for the experience you had with your room. We are diligently working on eliminating the musty smell from some of our rooms through some maintenance work we are having done. We thank you for your business and loyalty to the brand. I would like to speak with you further and offer you compensation. Please contact me at lexy.bapst@marriott.com. I look forward to your email.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way to Chicago. The hotel is cleaned, kind of pricey but worth it. We stayed in motel in our way to Miami and it was cheaper but horrible. We were happy with the rooms and the beds were comfortable. The person in the front desk when we checked in was real friendly. Breakfast was not good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lexy B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Ms. Tenorio,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear your comments about our great service, beds and cleanliness of our hotel. I apologize our breakfast did not meet your standards. Please feel free to email me at lexy.bapst@marriott.com so that I can further understand your concerns, which can help to improve our services for loyal guests such as yourself. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn on our way back from Tennessee. The lady at the front desk, Celia, was wonderful. We actually had stopped at the SpringHill Hotel and they were booked, due to baseball tournaments in the area but they graciously contacted the Fairfield, which is down the road, and found out they had only one room available and had them hold it for us. The bed and the bath towels were luxurious and we had a great night's sleep. We will surely be checking into these hotels in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Theresa C,
We truly appreciate your feedback and awesome review of our hotel! I am pleased to know you were quite satisfied with our service and amenities. Celia is definitely a shining star and the Fairfield Inn Kennesaw is fortunate to have an amazing team member. Please be sure to visit us again soon!
Nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

FIrst time to call the 800 number for Marriott, late at night for an unplanned stay. but was easily placed at the Kennesaw, Ga Fairfield Inn. We checked in with the usual courteous greeting and easy check in, and were given a room close to the elevator, actually behind the elevator. I should have suspected something because the room was so musty, then the smoke detector went off chirping about every 5 min. They sent a service man up quickly, but to cut to the chase, their answer was that maintanence man had left with the keys, and they didn't have a back up battery. So, they took the alarm off the wall. I asked the desk for another room, they said they had none. So, we slept fitfully. checked out and left. Don't take the last room.
We have stayed a Marriott Properties for years, and this is our first bad experience, so I know this is not typical service.

Room Tip: Don't take the last one without inspecting.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Kennesaw? Share your experiences!