“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Extended Stay Package
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my first time at a Residence Inn, I always thought it was for long term guests. This was a nice, clean, modern room with good amenities. The breakfast was good as was the happy hour. I had a corner room which was quiet and comfortable. This is a pet friendly hotel, so if not a pet person, be sure you don't get a pet friendly room..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Daytona Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. They have recently remodeled this property and it is done quite nicely. However, the king bed was VERY uncomfortable. It was quiet. The front desk staff could be a little more attentive (i.e. they seemed to always be in the back out of sight). During the breakfast buffet - the coffee ran out and it took several of us trying to knock, call, etc. to get someone at the front desk to come out so that we could tell them about the coffee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I thought the place was nice, clean and homey, except for the bed. We had a two bedroom suite. The beds were so uncomfortable, we did not sleep well at all. Stayed for one week and was the worst sleep for a Marriott. Room rate was reasonable, good location, but they should really upgrade the bed situation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I drive my parents back and forth to their homes in Michigan and Florida and we always stay in northern Georgia, but this was the first time in the Atlanta area. I love Residence Inn and we can get a 2 bedroom suite instead of 2 rooms, have a nicer place with a living room area and kitchen with fridge for our cooler stuff, and pay less than 2 rooms. This hotel was awesome! I was greeted by a very busy desk clerk with a smile and a goodie bag because we are Marriott Rewards members. That was really nice. We requested first floor and had a room right near our parking spot, luggage racks right near the door, and an easy walk to a wonderful suite. Did I mention how much I liked this place!

When we checked in we were told that it was "BBQ night" and they would be cooking out on the patio. So, we unloaded, wash up and settled in on the living room area furniture (not sitting on our beds) and relaxed and watched TV. In the 2 bedroom suites the bedrooms are totally separate, not just a divider as in some "suites" which are not really suites. Each bedroom has it's own bath and TV too. When we were hungry we walked, did not get in our car and drive to a restaurant, but walked right out the door to the pool area where they were cooking hamburgers and hot dogs. We went in to the food area and there was also chili for the hot dogs, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. for the burgers, chips, cole slaw, and potato salad. And desserts! Drinks were hot and cold, pop and tea and coffee. We thought maybe it might be OK but it was fabulous and we ate like pigs! No need to go out to dinner. This saved us even more time, money, and aggravation. And the meat was actually good, the burgers and hot dogs were both thick and juicy, not value menu stuff. And the gentleman that did the cooking did an awesome job. My mom found well done and I got a good medium burger. Dad was happy too. I know this happens only one night a week but we were lucky it was on the night we were there. Other nights feature different events.

We got up early to try and miss the traffic through Atlanta and breakfast was very good. Check out was easy and we were out the door. We were right off the freeway, so easy on and off. I was even impressed that Marriott has planted large trees between the hotel and freeway and provided a green area which also lessens the noise (being a biologist I look for these things). Most of our stays have been at hotels right off I-75 and the freeway noise is always an issue as I am a light sleeper. Not a problem here. Did I mention I love this place!!! We have found a new favorite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near a door if you don't want to walk far and 1st floor did not have the usual up...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is by far the most well kept, super clean hotel I have stayed in, Staff is very friendly, complimentary hot breakfast buffet was delicious, have a variety of items to choose from. The rooms very new and super clean. I am a clean freak and loved this place. Easy commute to downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maple Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This Marriot Residence Inn is just about perfect. Rooms, Staff, cleanliness...great! The Marriot reception and breakfast..great. Unfortunetlly, the ordinance does not allow for beer and wine at reception. If you would llike an adult beverage you can get a beer or a bottle of wine within walking distance at the Cheveron. Parking is easy, laundry great!

My only complaint is the bedding. I hate to be harsh here but when I am working the only thing I look forward to is a great bed to jump into. This bed is not great!
The mattress pad is of very poor quailty and the bottom sheet does not fit! This makes for a 'unheavenlly bed'.

Hopefully, this hotel will work on this and then I would give this property a very high rating

Shopping everywhere...restaurant choices everywhere...movie theathers...ect...Great location!

Room Tip: I would avoid the Freeway side...a bit noisier than I like
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I can't say anything other than "this is the best experience I've had"

Very safe area, easy access to Interstate and main thoroughfares, close restaurants, pet friendly community, very very helpful staff, rooms are immaculately clean, rooms very spacious and up to date, housekeeping staff very very friendly, ample pool area for relaxation.

This place is almost like a resort!!! You won't go wrong with this one.

Room Tip: If you have pets just get a bottom floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Kennesaw/Town Center? Share your experiences!