“A welcome relief” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw

You added Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1460 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta North Kennesaw)   |
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A welcome relief”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2015

After checking out of a horrible hotel in Atlanta, we were worried after reading some of the negative reviews. We found the room clean and comfortable. The pool is under some trees, so it is inevitable that there will be some leaves, but it is cleaned often. The staff were friendly, fun to talk to, and willing to quickly take care of any concerns. We would definitely return here.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2015

While in town for my daughters (14) softball tournament we had to get a room at midnight because she had to be back to finish the tournament the next day. We didn't make prior arrangements because the games were scheduled to be over earlier. anyway we drove around and everywhere was booked or was $200 a night (ended up getting this one for $75 plus tax) on web sites. We pulled in and I was a little worried having a teenager with me and checking in at midnight. After running the card 3 times because they had a new system the manager had to come down to make it work. We parked around back noticing they had a pool but we where not going to be using. but they had one. on entering the room I noticed the room was clean and a little surprised. then as I walked back to the bathroom I saw that there was a frig and microwave and even cabinets. My daughter asked if the toilet and shower was dirty because she wanted to take a bath. I looked and it wasn't dirty but cigarettes were let burn out on tub and stain the edge of it. good night sleep and check out was at 11. the next morning the breakfast was worthless but clean. I will stay here again and hope that I just wasn't lucky on getting a good room. oh there is a huge patio area out front with tables, chairs, and umbrellas.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2015

After reading some of the negative reviews I was curious to see what we would find. We found a very average looking room for a decent price - the bed was comfortable, everything was clean, the amenities were exactly what we expected - nothing to complain about. If I want luxury, I go to a different sort of motel. I just wanted to watch some TV, sleep comfortably, take a shower with hot water and have enough clean towels, put some food in a refridgerator, dry my hair, and then be off. All of this was accomplished just as I wanted. The manager in the office was very friendly. Don't be afraid to stay here!

Room Tip: Being north of Atlanta, it isn't too far to do some sightseeing there, and the price is much mor...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We didn't find it terrible but realize that we can't expect a silk purse when we only pay for a sow's ear. Actually, the price we paid was still more than it was worth. We arrived after the time listed for check in and walked into a "lobby" the size of a medium sized bedroom. There were four small tables with four chairs upended on each. We had already reserved a room, so we checked in and were given the key. Then the desk clerk tried to figure out where exactly our room was located. When we found it, the door was open and the bed looked as though someone had been sleeping in it. Back we went to the lobby, and the desk clerk attempted to find us a comparable room. We had reserved the king spa suite, ground floor. Finally a room was found on the second floor. Do not expect a suite, do not expect a spa, but there is king sized bed. It needs considerable updating and experienced staff at the least.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Do not stay here! Ignore the coupon in the travel book and go elsewhere. Room 118 - Old, worn out, but, was tolerable compared to the bed! We ended up trying to sleep on the king size bed sideways. Center of bed was at least 6" lower than the sides. Used to be a Travelodge and is now named Magnuson. We've used the coupons from the books that you can get at the Rest Stops for years, but have never run into a situation like this. This would qualify as a transient hotel. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Room and clean and comfortable. Will stay there again when we pass through. The service was friendly and they took care of our needs. The room had comfortable beds and conveinent to restaurants, car wash, gas and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I just got back from a trip by car to southern Florida. I chose this hotel because the price was right and it was close to my friend's house. The room was.....well, everything looked old and worn and was certainly not the cleanest place I had ever been. On my return trip from Florida, I decided to choose a hotel at the next exit off I75 from this hotel. The area looked newer, but the hotels that were in my price range had people and cars hanging around that made me feel like I wouldn't be safe there. So I went down to another exit off I75.... the traffic was terrible, I had been driving for 7 hours and did not feel like battling it only to find out that the situation might not be any better than what I had seen at the previous exit. I said to myself, "Screw it, just go back to the Travelodge, at least you know what to expect there." As a 55-year-old woman traveling alone, I will say that I at least felt safe here. I never saw anything that made me feel like I needed to sleep with one eye open! I could be wrong in that assessment, but if the area was that bad, I'm sure my friend would have said something. I never saw any roaches or other critters here on either stay, although the surroundings suggested that there was a possibility they were lurking not far away. Would I stay here again? Yeah, I could see myself staying here again, although I think they need to either do some renovating or lower the price of the rooms. I stayed at a Ramada on this trip and the price was lower and the room in much better shape. If you're looking just for a place to crash for the night, this place is ok---not the best, not the worst.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo