“How Do They Stay In Business” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw

You added Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1460 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta North Kennesaw)   |
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Florida
“How Do They Stay In Business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I really didn't expect much.. but my expectations were NOT met. Just a terrible place. Room were not only dirty but a bit scary. The kinda place you will not take your shoes off even in bed.. I asked myself "why did you stay?" Dead tired was my only excuse.. Never again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Sunny South Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

At the last minute, we needed a place to stay overnight to complete our drive from Florida to Tennessee. The Travelodge in Kennesaw seemed to fit the bill and the price was right ($55.)

The staff was somewhat courteous, albeit not particularly warm nor friendly. The room, however, was vile. A urine stench pervaded the room, the carpets were filthy and the entire room just felt generally unclean. Had we not been exhausted and had my kids not already fallen asleep, we would have left; that's how bad it was.

• Disliked — It was disgusting-- genuinely terrible.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TravelodgeBear, general manager at Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 26, 2008
We are sorry for your stay, no excuses. However, we have taken steps to better train our housekeeping staff and have replaced many bedding items. We have also re-trained the staff on cleaning techniques. I can assure you, similar situations will not occur.
boston, nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

After two day straight thru drive from Boston with my wife and daughter and check in, I got up next day to take an 8 am shower. NO HOT WATER. Went and asked about it and was told that it would be "turned on right away" and that it would be about 15 minutes till hot water flowed. 1 hour later no hot water. Packed up and loaded the car. Had been intending to stay 6 days with my family as we visited relatives in Kennesaw. Went to check out and was given hassle, the man saying it would just be another 15 minutes.
More argument when I declined to stay on. Charged $68 plus tax from what would have been $50 a day. The hotel's advert claims nothing higher than $56 year round! So punished for my impudence I guess.
Left and found lodging elsewhere. No excuses were offered at our next choice. Hot water flowed from the first minute we arrived until the last.
Burning in Boston.

Stayed December 2007
TravelodgeBear, General manager. at Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 24, 2008
On behalf of Travelodge, we would like to apologize for your stay. We assure you that we fixed the problem you had permanately and it has not happened since. It was a unusual event and the staff at the time where not aware how to fix it quickly. However, the issue has been repaired. Thank you.

Been to Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw

Address: 1460 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta North Kennesaw)
Location: United States > Georgia > Kennesaw
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Hotel Class:2 star — Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travel Lodge Kennesaw
Travelodge Kennesaw
Kennesaw Travelodge
Kennesaw Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.