“Could have been worse” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw

You added Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1460 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta North Kennesaw)   |
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Stuart, Florida
“Could have been worse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We didn't find it terrible but realize that we can't expect a silk purse when we only pay for a sow's ear. Actually, the price we paid was still more than it was worth. We arrived after the time listed for check in and walked into a "lobby" the size of a medium sized bedroom. There were four small tables with four chairs upended on each. We had already reserved a room, so we checked in and were given the key. Then the desk clerk tried to figure out where exactly our room was located. When we found it, the door was open and the bed looked as though someone had been sleeping in it. Back we went to the lobby, and the desk clerk attempted to find us a comparable room. We had reserved the king spa suite, ground floor. Finally a room was found on the second floor. Do not expect a suite, do not expect a spa, but there is king sized bed. It needs considerable updating and experienced staff at the least.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Do not stay here! Ignore the coupon in the travel book and go elsewhere. Room 118 - Old, worn out, but, was tolerable compared to the bed! We ended up trying to sleep on the king size bed sideways. Center of bed was at least 6" lower than the sides. Used to be a Travelodge and is now named Magnuson. We've used the coupons from the books that you can get at the Rest Stops for years, but have never run into a situation like this. This would qualify as a transient hotel. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Room and clean and comfortable. Will stay there again when we pass through. The service was friendly and they took care of our needs. The room had comfortable beds and conveinent to restaurants, car wash, gas and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I just got back from a trip by car to southern Florida. I chose this hotel because the price was right and it was close to my friend's house. The room was.....well, everything looked old and worn and was certainly not the cleanest place I had ever been. On my return trip from Florida, I decided to choose a hotel at the next exit off I75 from this hotel. The area looked newer, but the hotels that were in my price range had people and cars hanging around that made me feel like I wouldn't be safe there. So I went down to another exit off I75.... the traffic was terrible, I had been driving for 7 hours and did not feel like battling it only to find out that the situation might not be any better than what I had seen at the previous exit. I said to myself, "Screw it, just go back to the Travelodge, at least you know what to expect there." As a 55-year-old woman traveling alone, I will say that I at least felt safe here. I never saw anything that made me feel like I needed to sleep with one eye open! I could be wrong in that assessment, but if the area was that bad, I'm sure my friend would have said something. I never saw any roaches or other critters here on either stay, although the surroundings suggested that there was a possibility they were lurking not far away. Would I stay here again? Yeah, I could see myself staying here again, although I think they need to either do some renovating or lower the price of the rooms. I stayed at a Ramada on this trip and the price was lower and the room in much better shape. If you're looking just for a place to crash for the night, this place is ok---not the best, not the worst.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Acworth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

i stayed here for one week and it was the worst experience i've ever had regarding hotel stay...just to be precise,i would prefer going to a homeless shelter before considering this place.please,please stay away .its a dirty hotel full of roaches and stinks

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Marietta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

I had a great stay at the travelodge. I stay there whenever I am in town. The staff is very helpful and takes time to talk and make sure everything is okay. The rooms are clean and fresh with everything in the right place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I really didn't expect much.. but my expectations were NOT met. Just a terrible place. Room were not only dirty but a bit scary. The kinda place you will not take your shoes off even in bed.. I asked myself "why did you stay?" Dead tired was my only excuse.. Never again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw? Share your experiences!