“nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw

You added Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1460 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta North Kennesaw)   |
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Toronto, Canada
“nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Room and clean and comfortable. Will stay there again when we pass through. The service was friendly and they took care of our needs. The room had comfortable beds and conveinent to restaurants, car wash, gas and shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I just got back from a trip by car to southern Florida. I chose this hotel because the price was right and it was close to my friend's house. The room was.....well, everything looked old and worn and was certainly not the cleanest place I had ever been. On my return trip from Florida, I decided to choose a hotel at the next exit off I75 from this hotel. The area looked newer, but the hotels that were in my price range had people and cars hanging around that made me feel like I wouldn't be safe there. So I went down to another exit off I75.... the traffic was terrible, I had been driving for 7 hours and did not feel like battling it only to find out that the situation might not be any better than what I had seen at the previous exit. I said to myself, "Screw it, just go back to the Travelodge, at least you know what to expect there." As a 55-year-old woman traveling alone, I will say that I at least felt safe here. I never saw anything that made me feel like I needed to sleep with one eye open! I could be wrong in that assessment, but if the area was that bad, I'm sure my friend would have said something. I never saw any roaches or other critters here on either stay, although the surroundings suggested that there was a possibility they were lurking not far away. Would I stay here again? Yeah, I could see myself staying here again, although I think they need to either do some renovating or lower the price of the rooms. I stayed at a Ramada on this trip and the price was lower and the room in much better shape. If you're looking just for a place to crash for the night, this place is ok---not the best, not the worst.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Acworth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

i stayed here for one week and it was the worst experience i've ever had regarding hotel stay...just to be precise,i would prefer going to a homeless shelter before considering this place.please,please stay away .its a dirty hotel full of roaches and stinks

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Marietta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

I had a great stay at the travelodge. I stay there whenever I am in town. The staff is very helpful and takes time to talk and make sure everything is okay. The rooms are clean and fresh with everything in the right place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I really didn't expect much.. but my expectations were NOT met. Just a terrible place. Room were not only dirty but a bit scary. The kinda place you will not take your shoes off even in bed.. I asked myself "why did you stay?" Dead tired was my only excuse.. Never again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Sunny South Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

At the last minute, we needed a place to stay overnight to complete our drive from Florida to Tennessee. The Travelodge in Kennesaw seemed to fit the bill and the price was right ($55.)

The staff was somewhat courteous, albeit not particularly warm nor friendly. The room, however, was vile. A urine stench pervaded the room, the carpets were filthy and the entire room just felt generally unclean. Had we not been exhausted and had my kids not already fallen asleep, we would have left; that's how bad it was.

• Disliked — It was disgusting-- genuinely terrible.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
TravelodgeBear, general manager at Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 26, 2008
We are sorry for your stay, no excuses. However, we have taken steps to better train our housekeeping staff and have replaced many bedding items. We have also re-trained the staff on cleaning techniques. I can assure you, similar situations will not occur.
boston, nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

After two day straight thru drive from Boston with my wife and daughter and check in, I got up next day to take an 8 am shower. NO HOT WATER. Went and asked about it and was told that it would be "turned on right away" and that it would be about 15 minutes till hot water flowed. 1 hour later no hot water. Packed up and loaded the car. Had been intending to stay 6 days with my family as we visited relatives in Kennesaw. Went to check out and was given hassle, the man saying it would just be another 15 minutes.
More argument when I declined to stay on. Charged $68 plus tax from what would have been $50 a day. The hotel's advert claims nothing higher than $56 year round! So punished for my impudence I guess.
Left and found lodging elsewhere. No excuses were offered at our next choice. Hot water flowed from the first minute we arrived until the last.
Burning in Boston.

Stayed December 2007
TravelodgeBear, General manager. at Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 24, 2008
On behalf of Travelodge, we would like to apologize for your stay. We assure you that we fixed the problem you had permanately and it has not happened since. It was a unusual event and the staff at the time where not aware how to fix it quickly. However, the issue has been repaired. Thank you.

Been to Magnuson Hotel Kennesaw? Share your experiences!