“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3316 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #21 of 30 hotels in Kennesaw
Thomasville, Georgia
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

While the price is the reason why we stayed, we learnedly that you get what you pay for. We had to leave home and travel 5 hours to be with my daughter who had emergency surgery. Since we had no idea how long we would be, we tried a cheaper extended stay hotel. The terrible smell in the elevator was our first indication of the quality we would 'get. The room had a must smell also and the bed was terribly uncomfortable. On a positive note, the floors and bathroom appeared clean. The staff were friendly, but we frankly didn't feel safe. A lesson learned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We are sorry to hear about your daughter and hope that she is doing better.

Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite and the smell to the room. Please know how important your comfort is to us. I am very sorry for the experience you had while staying with us.

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The staff was very freindly and accomadating. They addressed any and all concerns promptly and efficiently. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The locaion was perfect. The pool was very clean and refreshing.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed the month of August while waiting to start a new job out of state.

We very much enjoyed our stay...our room was very comfortable...there were 4 of us...my husband & I & our 2 boys..

Our room was large & roomy & VERY clean!

Stacy, Amy, Atul, and Natasha we very welcoming & helpful...
We weren't sure exactly when we would be leaving so our day to day basis was never an issue for them.

Jeannie kept our room spotlessly clean and went out of her way to help in any way she could..

I would defantly stay again...& recomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

booked on line for a 1 night stay. Was too tired to look for another place. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. The lobby stinks. Room has an overwhelming smell. The room has a musty smell & couldn't breathe. We had to sleep with the window open even though it was below 30 degrees outside (mid-Feb) just so we could breathe. We still coudn't breathe right even with the fan on.
Stay away unless you are on a tight budget, or just way too tired to go up the street. We stayed up all night. The sheets,, pillows etc have a heavy chemical smell. Itchy too...

Room Tip: They told me they didn't have cleaners for the weekend so I didn't have any choice as the re...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Atlanta - Kennesaw. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Florida City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011 via mobile

Rooms need a little tlc..but not bad for price. Would stay again. I stayed for 9 days. Would recommend taking a foam pad for the bed.

• Stayed December 2011
GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

If there is a way to contact Priceline, they should be made aware that this is one of the dirtiest, scariest places around, and they should immediately remove it from their choices. I prepaid for a room here through Priceline, but gladly forfiefeted the $28 and went elsewhere after I saw the room, common areas, and shady clientele hanging around.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Do not even THINK about checking in late! After looking, looking and looking up and down Busbee, we called the hotel and spoke with someone (we thought the front desk employee) with a VERY thick, difficult to understand accent only to discover the hotel was on Busbee. One Busbee turns off the other Busbee, there was road construction at the intersection and evidently the sign was down. Anyway, pay attention to Drive and Parkway. It was about 10:00 when we arrived (I have to go every week to the Fibro & Fatigue Clinic for IV infusions so not in any hurry to arrive) and the entrance was only a glass door. We made it through the first glass door and had to be let in the second one by some kids sitting in the "lobby", and I use that term loosely, watching TV. There was no desk. Just a couple of couches, a small TV and a glass window with the blinds shut. The kids told us the guy was behind the glass window that would check us in. I banged on the door and window with no success. I could tell someone was watching television in the room because I could see it flickering through the blinds. While I continued to bang and yell, the lady I was with went down the hallway and heard someone in the Housekeeping room. She opened the door and asked how we check in. It was the lady from the phone with the thick accent. Meanwhile I had decided to call the hotel back since I was in the lobby!!! The maid came walking back into the lobby answering her phone to talk to me!!! She had one name written down on a blank piece of paper and asked if it were me...of course it was not. She goes back in her Housekeeping room for a minute then comes out and asks if I have a confirmation number. I still had the confirmation from Hotels.com on my blackberry and gave her that number. She did not find it in her records. Then she takes me back out between the glass doors and points to the lock boxes and asks me if one has my name (she could not pronounce my name). Of course, they did not. We went back in and she tells us to wait just a minute...goes back in her Housekeeping room. My friend and I sit in the hallway on the rolling luggage rack and wait for her, finally we call Hotels.com. They transfer us around for more than 40 minutes. No one will try to help...they just say "Oh, you need to speak to "insert dept of your choice" and transfer us before we can stop them. I guess we got quiet after giving up on Hotels.com and were sitting in the hallway exhausted when the housekeeper came back out. She looked surprised. I think she thought we were gone. She says, "no can help. no one here to help until morning". By then we had been there over an hour and just said FORGET IT!!! We went down the road to the Holiday Inn Express, checked in in 5 minutes with very friendly employees at a DESK and were in bed 5 minutes after that. Pay the extra money and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Oh, we also got a chance to look around while we sat in the hallway...GROSS!!! I think I am glad I did not get a room...I don't think the housekeeper knew how to clean or help guests!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd.

Address: 3316 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios )
Location: United States > Georgia > Kennesaw
Ranked #21 of 30 hotels in Kennesaw
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Kennesaw

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Chastain Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.