“Never again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Houston
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This Kennesaw Red Roof location was my second stay with the chain. I had high hopes when we arrived in our room, for it was clean and smelled fresh. Then things started to fall apart. First, we got ready to leave for an outing, and the safe was locked. We had to call the desk to send someone to unlock it so we could put our own code into it and use it. The maintenance man could not get there before we had to leave. That meant that valuables on this first outing had to taken with us, thus we paid the $1.50 a day safe fee for the first night’s stay and did not get the use of the safe. We got back to our room that night, and neither of our keycards would work. My husband went to the front desk to get them re-keyed, but since my name was on the paperwork, he had to come get me before they would do anything (actually, that is a safety measure, but since the paperwork was originally in his name and the clerk changed it when I presented my credit card for payment, you’d think both names would have been recorded.) On the third day, all the used soap was taken from the room and no replacement soap was left. Luckily, my husband had a bar from another hotel in his pack, so we were able to shower without trekking to the desk again. Then the crowning blow: on our fourth and last day, we got back late at night to find that the cleaning staff had taken the garbage and dirty towels but had left no clean towels nor had they cleaned the room at all. The beds were exactly as we had left them, unmade. I went to the desk to get clean towels and told the clerk that I expected a rebate of some sort when I checked out the next morning. He said, “We don’t give refunds.” That was it. From Atlanta, we were traveling on to Savannah and Charleston, then returning the night before our flight back home. We had booked this Red Roof for our return night. I found another Red Roof in Midtown, cancelled the Kennesaw reservation, and made one at the Midtown location. Unfortunately, when we returned to Atlanta and found the Midtown location, it, too, was unsuitable, for it was old, had inadequate electrical outlets, a tiny shower, and was in a dodgy neighborhood. After seeing that room, we headed to a Crowne Plaza where the room was more than twice the cost but a lovely, peaceful experience. I’m over Red Roof Inns. I’ll gladly pay a bit more for peace of mind and service.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

This is pretty average on the higher end of the rating for a hotel having rooms that are access from the outside. I never been a fan of these types of hotels, but this particular branch is in a pretty safe area with plenty of amenities near by and some. The room was definetly worth the price of stay. I work at a Red Roof in as a guest service representative back in the 90's and even received a hospitality star so I know what the expectations are. I would definetly stay here again and recommend.Some advice to those who might have reservations on the weekends just keep in mind that this is the. busiest part of the week and that if you need accomidations or a switch of room due to a defect then your accomidations has a greater chance to be met during the week when occupancy. is low. Like myself i requested room change to non smoking and I had no reservation and they gladly switch my room and I kept the same room for a week. Every staff member was very kind and professional.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

I booked online, as usual - as I am a frequent traveler. Red Roof is not one of my favorite places, but price was good.>> I requested a first floor, non-smoking,BATHTUB, and Coffee POT~~~ No room saved on first floor-When they found a room -The key did NOT work and went south from there! Long line every time you enter office and clerk was complaining about his job!! Having to 'come in early' I just WANT to rest, not llisten to complaints?

Room Tip: Every room had a DOG. IF that matters to you-I arrived and was told they could not find the reservat...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

This has doors that are external, so if your a woman traveling alone, be aware of this. It is right off the interstate, and was clean, updated and a good value for the money. They had a king size bed, with a frig and microwave. It is NOT a hotel where your given all the niceties of a more expensive hotel, when thats not what was needed. It is close to many places to dine, and is well lit at night. If you want or need people waiting for your call, to assist you, this isn't that. If you want wonderfully plump pillows, with a robe, again, this isn't that. But it is a great value for the money, while not being either filthy or ill maintained.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

I stayed here because it was close to my place of employment. great new beds and the rooms were clean. the only flaws I found were cosmetic such as a couple screw holes in the wall. The only problem I would consider is that I think the filter in the AC needs to be changed but other than that my stay was good. (Im sensitive to dirty filters though)

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the front side and 2nd or third floor so the lights from arriving cars do not...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

I checked in last night. The only problem I have had so far was very minor and easy to fix. I was trying to use some cash and the rest on card. They were unable to do a split payment the clerk was friendly, and told me where I could find an atm. The room is very clean and comfortable. The shower's maybe a little to hot even on half it was scolding. I was pleasantly surprised to find that for a hotel with access from the outside they do have an elevator. Over all I like it here and would stay again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Saint Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015 via mobile

We checked in near midnight and when we went in the room, it looked like someone had sat on the bed! Called the front desk but no one answered. I told the front desk at check out and showed her a picture, she said they would have put us in a different room. Everything else seemed fine so we just stayed in the room. The king size bed was very comfortable and it was set up nice for a business traveler. I like that the room does not have carpet, but laminated wood floors.

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw? Share your experiences!