“great place for a great price” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 Roberts Court Northwest, Kennesaw, GA 30144   |
Ranked #19 of 29 hotels in Kennesaw
Columbia, South Carolina
“great place for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been staying at his motel for many years. I travel to Atlanta for a seminar in January and November and always stay at the Red Roof Inn in Kennesaw. I have checked out hotels and motels near the seminar location, but I like this location best. It is also close to many shopping areas and restaurants. The staff treats me like familyand is always eager to please . I always request a groundfloor room and near the office. I spend at least 4 to 5 nights during my trip at this motel. the price is excellent, the rooms are clean and stay updated. I am also a member of the Redi Card and this earns me a free nights.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience with others. I am glad to read you found us clean, comfortable, with pleasant and helpful customer service. We try our best to offer each guest a personalized experience. I will share these nice comments with the team as we work very hard to make sure the property stays extremely clean, well maintained, and we always try to offer exceptional service. We do this because we truly enjoy it and want you to feel at home when traveling. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

A fine hotel for a cheap night. We stayed here because it was halfway between home and our destination, and needed a cheap place where we could also bring our dog.
The room was fine overall, but the tub wasn't clean and the drain didn't seem to work right. But, as we were traveling, we just decided to not shower.
When we arrived around midnight, the late night front desk associate was very friendly and welcoming! (Though she didn't have a name tag, otherwise I would mention her on here personally!

Probably won't stay here again simply because of the cleanliness issue.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review. I apologize for the problem you encountered with your tub. We took this problem to account and we have corrected it. We ask if you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. We want to resolve your concern prior to your departure and make it a pleasant stay. We have someone available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week to assure our guests are taken care of. At Red Roof Inn, we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. I am glad Tia made you feel comfortable. Once again, please accept my apologies for your last stay; I hope you will give us another try next time you are in the Atlanta area.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I travel about three times per year between NW Ohio and South Florida. Atlanta is in the middle. I always stop here and have stayed at least 6 times in the past 2 1/2 years.. This is one of the good Red Roof Inns. Not luxury, but exactly what you want in a "place to stop for the night". With my AAA discount, my room (tax included) was less than $50.

First, location: it's right off I-75 and, better yet, it's about 15 miles north of downtown. This is awesome, especially if you are travelling north on a weekday and want to avoid downtown Atlanta morning traffic. The area around the hotel has a TON of shopping and restaurants, so whatever you want is basically a 5 minute car ride away. There's a gas station on the corner, so you can fill up before you travel on the next day. Everything from McDonalds to Applebees, to Thai food, to a Tilted Kilt location is close.

Every room I've stayed in has been basic, clean, and comfortable. Remember, Red Roof Inn allows pets to stay free so you know a dog or 30 has probably been in your room at some point. Never found any smells, dog hair, or other "surprises"....ever. The beds are not luxury, but clean and fairly comfortable. I can only say they are average in comfort--mostly because so many other chains have upgraded their beds so much...but (once again) <$50 for the night! Bathrooms have always been clean. TV has decent channels. Never had a problem with loud jerks being jerks on the out door corridors. The parking lot is lit around the property and I've never felt uncomfortable leaving my (usually) packed car in the lot. Front desk is friendly enough and efficient in checking you in and out.

Should you book your honeymoon here? No. But any weary motorist looking for a nights rest (especially one travelling with a pet), it's a good place with amenities nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to have you here for short visits and getting to know you while staying with us. We take pride in knowing you always feel safe while staying here. I am glad to know the location of the hotel worked well for you. The surrounding shops and restaurants are an added bonus. I appreciate the kind words about the cleanliness, staff, and rooms. Again, thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to having you as a guest again and again, when traveling through the Atlanta area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Pet friendly as expected, clean but no frills- no shampoo and no hair dryer in bathroom. Our room was on third floor-long walk to elevator and then long walk from elevator to room. So if walking is issue ask for room close to elevator. Otherwise fine

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear the Front Desk was helpful in assisting you late at night prior to arrival and upon check in. We try very hard to offer the best possible service and appreciate when it is recognized. I will be sure to share these kind comments with our team. Thanks for the kind comments on the cleanliness, I am glad to know that the accommodations met your needs. We hope to see you back next time your travels bring you to the Metro Atlanta area.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was a great value for the price. The rooms were very clean and neat. The bed was comfortable. It was exactly what we were looking for. We will definitely stay again. The staff was great. We called because we were going to arrive after midnight. They were very helpful and made sure they didnt sell our room.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel. I am very happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your accommodations. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again and we hope to serve you again should you decide to return to the area.
Angola, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed her on my way home from FL. I had an issue with Hotels.com that my Wife had made the reservation with. Desk Clerk Niki got on the phone with Hotels.com and was told that Hotels.com was having system issues. Niki had them cancel their reservation, helped me get an additional $20 credit with Hotels.com and gave me an upgraded king room for less than what Hotels.com was charging me.
The hotel is an older motel but was very clean and very comfortable.
This will be my stay at hotel heading North from FL, it is just North of Atlanta, so you miss the morning rush hour traffic.

Room Tip: I stayed in an upstairs room at the front of the hotel, and it was quite and my car was just below t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RRIKennesawGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant and helpful review about your most recent stay with us. I am delighted that we were able to assist in the reservation process and find you a room that was to your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you in the future and wish you a very Happy New Year!
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was stranded just outside Atlanta as my brakes failed. The red roof inn was right around the corner from the auto shop, and conviently right near the i75. It was cheap and the staff was very friendly. Free wifi also. Very close to many amenities and restaurants. Seems like a nice area.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your most recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to your stay with us the next time you are here and feel honored that we were able to accommodate you during your car repairs. I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year, and thank you again for the great review!

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw? Share your experiences!