“My go-to place when travelling through Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 Roberts Court Northwest, Kennesaw, GA 30144   |
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Miami, Florida
“My go-to place when travelling through Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I travel about three times per year between NW Ohio and South Florida. Atlanta is in the middle. I always stop here and have stayed at least 6 times in the past 2 1/2 years.. This is one of the good Red Roof Inns. Not luxury, but exactly what you want in a "place to stop for the night". With my AAA discount, my room (tax included) was less than $50.

First, location: it's right off I-75 and, better yet, it's about 15 miles north of downtown. This is awesome, especially if you are travelling north on a weekday and want to avoid downtown Atlanta morning traffic. The area around the hotel has a TON of shopping and restaurants, so whatever you want is basically a 5 minute car ride away. There's a gas station on the corner, so you can fill up before you travel on the next day. Everything from McDonalds to Applebees, to Thai food, to a Tilted Kilt location is close.

Every room I've stayed in has been basic, clean, and comfortable. Remember, Red Roof Inn allows pets to stay free so you know a dog or 30 has probably been in your room at some point. Never found any smells, dog hair, or other "surprises"....ever. The beds are not luxury, but clean and fairly comfortable. I can only say they are average in comfort--mostly because so many other chains have upgraded their beds so much...but (once again) <$50 for the night! Bathrooms have always been clean. TV has decent channels. Never had a problem with loud jerks being jerks on the out door corridors. The parking lot is lit around the property and I've never felt uncomfortable leaving my (usually) packed car in the lot. Front desk is friendly enough and efficient in checking you in and out.

Should you book your honeymoon here? No. But any weary motorist looking for a nights rest (especially one travelling with a pet), it's a good place with amenities nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Vanessa C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to have you here for short visits and getting to know you while staying with us. We take pride in knowing you always feel safe while staying here. I am glad to know the location of the hotel worked well for you. The surrounding shops and restaurants are an added bonus. I appreciate the kind words about the cleanliness, staff, and rooms. Again, thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to having you as a guest again and again, when traveling through the Atlanta area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Pet friendly as expected, clean but no frills- no shampoo and no hair dryer in bathroom. Our room was on third floor-long walk to elevator and then long walk from elevator to room. So if walking is issue ask for room close to elevator. Otherwise fine

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear the Front Desk was helpful in assisting you late at night prior to arrival and upon check in. We try very hard to offer the best possible service and appreciate when it is recognized. I will be sure to share these kind comments with our team. Thanks for the kind comments on the cleanliness, I am glad to know that the accommodations met your needs. We hope to see you back next time your travels bring you to the Metro Atlanta area.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was a great value for the price. The rooms were very clean and neat. The bed was comfortable. It was exactly what we were looking for. We will definitely stay again. The staff was great. We called because we were going to arrive after midnight. They were very helpful and made sure they didnt sell our room.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel. I am very happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your accommodations. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again and we hope to serve you again should you decide to return to the area.
Angola, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed her on my way home from FL. I had an issue with Hotels.com that my Wife had made the reservation with. Desk Clerk Niki got on the phone with Hotels.com and was told that Hotels.com was having system issues. Niki had them cancel their reservation, helped me get an additional $20 credit with Hotels.com and gave me an upgraded king room for less than what Hotels.com was charging me.
The hotel is an older motel but was very clean and very comfortable.
This will be my stay at hotel heading North from FL, it is just North of Atlanta, so you miss the morning rush hour traffic.

Room Tip: I stayed in an upstairs room at the front of the hotel, and it was quite and my car was just below t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RRIKennesawGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant and helpful review about your most recent stay with us. I am delighted that we were able to assist in the reservation process and find you a room that was to your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you in the future and wish you a very Happy New Year!
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was stranded just outside Atlanta as my brakes failed. The red roof inn was right around the corner from the auto shop, and conviently right near the i75. It was cheap and the staff was very friendly. Free wifi also. Very close to many amenities and restaurants. Seems like a nice area.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your most recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to your stay with us the next time you are here and feel honored that we were able to accommodate you during your car repairs. I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year, and thank you again for the great review!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a motel - everything is as to be expected, but you can rest assured that it is at least clean, which is the most important thing for us when staying in a motel.

We are on a road trip from NJ to CA and stayed here along the way - it's right off the interstate, quiet, and was just what we needed for the night.

• Stayed September 2012
RRIKennesawGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback Kirkland! We truly strive to provide a CLEAN room at an affordable price. Please keep us in mind should you pass through the area again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The rooms here aren't anything special which is to expect, but for the price you can't really beat it. Everyone on the staff was super helpful and friendly. They let me use their phone charger for like 2 hours in the morning. Launa was sooooo helpful and made me feel very at home; i almost didnt want to leave! Brittney, the manager, was also really on point.

• Stayed August 2012
RRIKennesawGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I will share your comments with my team! Thank you for your feedback! Please keep us in mind in the future when ever you may have lodging needs.

Been to Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw? Share your experiences!