“Exceptional customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 30 hotels in Kennesaw
Ringgold, Georgia
“Exceptional customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

My husband and I were with our 3-yr old. We requested a rollaway bed and the very nice lady at the front desk told us she had put us in a room with a fold-out couch so our daughter would be more comfortable. Everything we asked for (extra pillows, late checkout, getting vanilla yogurt when all they had out was strawberry!) was met with a 'no problem' and a smile. The room was very clean, towels were thick and we slept really well. I have been to "higher end" hotels and honestly they aren't any better, just seem to cost more. We especially liked the personal visit from a staff member with a welcome letter and warm, chocolate chip cookies! We will definitely visit here again on our next business trip.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Me and family visited during the new year eve weekend and chose to stay here for the location to shopping, resturants, and the short distance to downtown. The staff was nice and the room was quite nice with some nice amenties. The only thing I was disappointed about was the menu for breakfast, I was expected bacon that was adverstied on the profile of the hotel. So, I asked the staff about the bacon, and she told me that the hotel had a rotating menu "What", that day they had sausage and gravy,and eggs which was ok. I wish that information was in the profile, so that customers can understand what they are getting and there is no disappointed people.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

My husband and I were in Atlanta for a funeral and stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We both remarked at how well it was run. The staff is terrific. The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, the woman who handled the breakfast area kept it well stocked and the tables cleaned, and the room service staff left the room immaculate. The rooms have updated decor and wi fi worked well. We highly recommend staying here if you are in the Kennesaw/Marietta area.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I wish I had read these reviews. I usually love HIE, but this one, for lack of a better term, has a "weird vibe". I felt it from the night and day staff. They need some major costumer training intervention or let the gentlemen and lady cleaning on the 4th floor work the front desk. The problem is this is a renovated hotel, the mattresses are poor quality and very bouncy, and you walk into a very stuffy hot room upon arrival. I think I could have handled it though because they do have the HIE "goodies" if they just had some friendly outgoing people with some customer service training at the front desk taking care of you. I asked a question....just where the location of something was.......and felt I was being a nuisance. If you do stay here, make sure to stop at a rest area and pick up a coupon so you won't pay full price...it isn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Stayed one night. Canceled a return reservation later in the month. Bed was like sleeping on a boat. Sink and mirror are in the bedroom area separate from the shower and toilet. In middle of my shower I forgot that my shampoo was out in the other room. Entrance to this motel, going northbound on the Interstate, is tricky. You have to do a "Uey" in heavy traffic to reach the motel entrance. Breakfast area is small, just off from check in counter. Only one restaurant in the area, and it wasn't good, unless you want to risk your life walking across the busy highway. Counter staff was okay, explaining that apparently a bed support was broken or missing.

• Stayed September 2009
Middlesbrough, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Our Vacation in North Georgia didn't go as planned and we desperately needed a hotel in the Kennesaw area. We just stopped by and made enquiries. Within 2 minutes, we were sold on this one. The reception staff were just so helpful, namely Deb, Sue & Kim.
The breakfasts were excellent, (Thanks Nancy), and the facilities were excellent. The kids were occupied all day in the clean pool.
The entire hotel was serviced similar to any 5 star that I've ever stayed in around the world. The family room we had was plenty large enough, the wireless facility worked excellent, the location couldn't have been better. Infact we made so many friends in the 6 days that we were there.
I would recommend this hotel to all & sundry, but let's be honest, It's the staff that make it. They work as a well-knit team but make you a part of their family. Loved every minute of staying there. We will be back next year for sure.
Dave & Karen Greet
England

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We were traveling on I-75 and needed a clean but nice, budget friendly hotel and we found it. We had a coupon for $69 but it was on a Thursday night. Our beds were comfy and had an ok breakfast in the morning. I will say they had some really good coffee...not sure what kind it was but it was really good. Maybe because it was just made...who knows but i would definately stay here again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Kennesaw? Share your experiences!