“remodeled hotel, but still some stagnant smells” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 30 hotels in Kennesaw
Chattanooga, TN
“remodeled hotel, but still some stagnant smells”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel was a stop over for us ont he way home. The hotel staff was nice enough and our request to be on the side away from the interestate was granted. The room decor was acceptable, but the smell was not very inviting. It was musty and quite frankly, I suspect it was a remodeled smoking room. The breakfast the next morning is what you would expect and the attendant was friendly.

Room Tip: request a room onthe side away from interstate to decrease outside noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Kennesaw, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear matpat9499,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the musty smell in the room. We will address these points and assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had to spend one night in Georgia before heading back to Ohio. I picked the Holiday Inn Express in Kennesaw for driving convenience because it was located right off I-75. I did not have to brave Atlanta traffic. I was pleasantly surpised to find it located among a variety of eateries, several strip malls and a sizable shopping center. The staff was pleasant and the rooms were comfortable. But the big sell for me ended up being the prime local. I have two negatives. The room offered a microwave, but did not have a convenient outlet to plug it in. A towel from a previous guest was left hanging on the back of the bathroom door.

Room Tip: Had a room on the sixth floor. The view was great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

From the arrival to the check out the level of customer service this facility provided was definitely refreshing. Upon check I asked what time check-out was and she stated that although it was 12 if I needed a later checkout until 2 they could accommodate. WOW, offering accommodations versus having to ask. I havent had that in quite sometime.
This hotel has also set up a managers reception during the week with adult beverages and snacks. Kudos for this, but they truly need to think about the location. The room used was extremely small and hard to manuever through.
I strongly recommend this location for the ease of getting in and out of Atlanta, but having the conviences of lots of restaurants,etc around the location.

Room Tip: In the summer make sure you adjust the AC to High and turn down the temp, especially on the 6th floo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Flew a friend here to be with his father in hospice. Just wanted to stay near airport. FBO staff recommended HIE. Staff answered all questions and were very pleasant. Room was nice, clean and comfortable

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our stay here was for our anniversary. We are local, and chose this hotel based on the other reviews (we have a large number of hotels to choose from within a 10 mile radius). On the plus side, the renovations are great. We were greeted with a check-in bag that included bottled water, an apple, and a cookie. The room was very tastefully done. The evening front desk staff was friendly and efficient, and the room was clean. Breakfast was acceptable.

On the negative side, our bed was very uncomfortable - marked sway in the middle - and noise from the highway a real problem. This hotel is next to Interstate 75. When we booked it I thought it was about 1/4 mile away from the highway. When we arrived and realized my mistake, and that we were in a room on the backside of the hotel (by the highway) I went to the front desk and asked about the highway noise. The kind ladies behind the counter assured me they had never had any issues at all with guests and the highway noise.

I have 4 kids - not a light sleeper! - but was repeatedly awakened by down-shifting 18 wheelers, once by a police siren, and another time by racing motorcycles. Although the room A/C unit did a good job of masking the constant highway buzz, it couldn't compete with more intrusive sounds. Looking forward to a good nights' sleep - much less sleeping in on a Saturday morning - turned out to be an impossibility. I woke up very tired and frustrated.

The road noise, coupled with the uncomfortable bed made the overall experience disappointing. My husband, who has back issues, was pretty cranky about giving up our lovely bed just a few miles away and paying $135 for less than romantic conditions.

We told the attendant behind the counter the next morning about our experience and she assured us (in an abrupt and barely concealed really-don't-have-time-for-this attitude) that the mattress would be addressed.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs and request a room on the east/front side of the building to help with highway noise...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Kennesaw, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I must say I am disappointed in your discomfort while trying to get a good night's rest. Being centrally located as we are, the freeway can disturb guests from time to time. I would like to announce we are in the process of replacing all of our beds throughout the entire hotel. This will complete our full renovation!

W invite you and your husband to give us another try in the near future, whether it be for your anniversary or not. Once again thank you for sharing your experience.
Jefferson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed overnight for a shopping trip with friends. The room was very clean and spacious and the manager and staff were very helpful. The hotel is located near a mall and other shopping areas. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dalton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I highly recommend the Kennesaw Holiday Inn at Town Center just off I-75! It is exceptionally clean, staff is friendly and helpful, beds are super comfortable, and it's easily accessible to lots of shopping and good restaurants. I plan on returning every time I'm in the Atlanta area....no need to look any further for accomodations!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you could find a bad choice in rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Kennesaw? Share your experiences!