“Good place to stay in Kennesaw” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 30 hotels in Kennesaw
Columbus, Indiana
“Good place to stay in Kennesaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This Inn is completely newly remodeled and everything was quite clean and in good order. We really like the Hampton clean bed system with duvet covers replaced in between guests as well as sheets and pillowcases, so no dirty bedspread or blankets. Like that this Inn carried the cleanliness to all kinds of other things, like having each piece of silverware individually sealed in a wrap so you don't have to use one that has been touched by many people as they get theirs! The staff was quite friendly and very responsive to our request for first floor. The breakfast was typical of this type of hotel-not exciting, but ok. The heat system was nice that they had a wall thermostat, which we find nicer than just controls on the under window heater, but this one was a bit hard to get regulated correctly. We did not like that the windows are sealed. Its nice if they open at least a crack to air out any cleaning or other odors, but this room did not have any of those. Their pool is outdoor, so not usable in the winter. This Inn was also very well priced in comparison to others in the area. Its also very convenient to reach just off 75 and there are lots of restaurants and stores in the area, We find it a better location than the exit just 2 miles north where the Residence Inn and other hotels where we have stayed are located. We definitely recommend this hotel and will return as we frequently stay overnight in this area on our way coming and going to see family in Florida.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. We are pleased
to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

There were no renovations going on at all when I was there; the place looks great, so they must be complete. The staff was courteous, checked me in quickly ( no reservations ) both times I stayed, the breakfast is fine, the rooms are great, beds comfortable, no noise issues. It is convenient...a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write your review! We really appreciate it.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is currently undergoing remodeling. The upper 2 floors have been completed, but the office is in the hallway on the backside of the building and should be done in the next 10 days. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was so nice and courteous. Two thumbs up for the staff! I had a room on the second floor that looked new and was very clean. Breakfast is temporarily served on the 2nd floor, so the aroma of waffles woke me a little earlier than I had planned, but I am not complaining. There is a wonderful woman managing the food and doing a great job improvising until the dining area is reopened. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Santa Claus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Hotel site stated hotel was under major renovations until October. We have stayed here several times due to the convenience off I75, restaurants across the street, and Target along with other stores next door, but noticed last time the hotel had become dated, dirty, and the beds were HORRIBLE, but booked anyway due to it being late. Called hotel while on the road to double check about renovation and was informed the hotel was being remodeled and had a room on the renovated floor. AAA rate was not showing on internet and clerk could not enter it, but suggested we check with manager in the morning. Booked room anyway and checked in at midnight. Our room was fantastic, newly renovated, clean, and had a great nights sleep!! The breakfast was the normal Hampton breakfast which is always adequate for us. The breakfast hostess was exceptional making sure all the quests had what they needed. During breakfast I questioned the front desk about AAA rate; she could not get the AAA rate and informed me the manager would be in shortly if she couldn't figure it out. She was able to get the discount; the breakfast hostess came to our table to get my cc to change the rate, and suggested I sit and enjoy my breakfast while they printed a new bill. This may be a little thing, but to me it made a difference. Have stayed at so many places where the clerks have just flat out said they can't do anything about the situation. The only suggestion for those staying in one of the older rooms that have not been renovated would be to give them a discounted rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write the review
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I went to this hotel and the night shift staff was so slow. He didn't know how to do the check in. He said check out was at 8am. The tv didn't work in the room. The covers smelt like urine. The carpet was old. Then in the morning they charged us an extra $16 because the previous night the night shift clerk forgot to do the tax,and we complained to the manager she acted like it was our fault. They need to orientate the clerk betters. Breakfast was horrible. I Would never go back to this hotel. It's like super 8motel..

Room Tip: Pass exit 269, go to the one near Cumberland mall. Better hotels
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our property. We are going through a major renovation and will be updating the entire property. I also apolgize for the slow check-in . Whenever a guest check-in during a certain part of our audit it does slow our system down. We try our best to train our staff to make sure each guest have an speedy and efficient check-in I am sorry this was not the case during your check-in. I will like for you to please give us another try and visit us after our renovation for a night stay on us. Please do not hesistate to contact at 770-426-0017
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is under renovation through October 2012. This typically does not bother me as I am never in a hotel during the day when I travel on business. However, the whole hotel seems to be having some issues:
- The rooms are dated and need refurbishing
- The fitness room has three pieces of equipment, all of which clank loudly. I could not get the treadmill to move faster than 5 miles per hour.
-They could not provide a receipt in the morning because the desk clerk could not log onto the system. I did receive it by e-mail an hour later.

There are two adjacent Hilton properties that had packed parking lots. It is always a bad sign that one hotel is empty while it's sister properties are full.

Location (and this applies to Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Hilton Extended stay): Adjacent/easy walk to Target and REI. There is a bike path, Nooncreek Trail, one block away starting at the corner of Cobb and Barett Lakes

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for you experienced during your stay at our property. We are going through a major renovation that will bring our property up to standards along with all modern technology for the rooms and the fitness center. We try to make all of our guest 100% satisfy and I am sorry this was not the case during your stay. I would love for you to come and stay a night on us after our renovation is completed. Your can contact me at 770-426-0017
Solon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I used this hotel once for business travel and hope to never do it again. The TV didn't work and they told me it would be replaced, which didn't happen. Carpets were old and stained. Water went from cold to very hot during the shower without notice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw? Share your experiences!