“Partially renovated with wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Santa Claus, Indiana
“Partially renovated with wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Hotel site stated hotel was under major renovations until October. We have stayed here several times due to the convenience off I75, restaurants across the street, and Target along with other stores next door, but noticed last time the hotel had become dated, dirty, and the beds were HORRIBLE, but booked anyway due to it being late. Called hotel while on the road to double check about renovation and was informed the hotel was being remodeled and had a room on the renovated floor. AAA rate was not showing on internet and clerk could not enter it, but suggested we check with manager in the morning. Booked room anyway and checked in at midnight. Our room was fantastic, newly renovated, clean, and had a great nights sleep!! The breakfast was the normal Hampton breakfast which is always adequate for us. The breakfast hostess was exceptional making sure all the quests had what they needed. During breakfast I questioned the front desk about AAA rate; she could not get the AAA rate and informed me the manager would be in shortly if she couldn't figure it out. She was able to get the discount; the breakfast hostess came to our table to get my cc to change the rate, and suggested I sit and enjoy my breakfast while they printed a new bill. This may be a little thing, but to me it made a difference. Have stayed at so many places where the clerks have just flat out said they can't do anything about the situation. The only suggestion for those staying in one of the older rooms that have not been renovated would be to give them a discounted rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write the review

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I went to this hotel and the night shift staff was so slow. He didn't know how to do the check in. He said check out was at 8am. The tv didn't work in the room. The covers smelt like urine. The carpet was old. Then in the morning they charged us an extra $16 because the previous night the night shift clerk forgot to do the tax,and we complained to the manager she acted like it was our fault. They need to orientate the clerk betters. Breakfast was horrible. I Would never go back to this hotel. It's like super 8motel..

Room Tip: Pass exit 269, go to the one near Cumberland mall. Better hotels
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our property. We are going through a major renovation and will be updating the entire property. I also apolgize for the slow check-in . Whenever a guest check-in during a certain part of our audit it does slow our system down. We try our best to train our staff to make sure each guest have an speedy and efficient check-in I am sorry this was not the case during your check-in. I will like for you to please give us another try and visit us after our renovation for a night stay on us. Please do not hesistate to contact at 770-426-0017
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is under renovation through October 2012. This typically does not bother me as I am never in a hotel during the day when I travel on business. However, the whole hotel seems to be having some issues:
- The rooms are dated and need refurbishing
- The fitness room has three pieces of equipment, all of which clank loudly. I could not get the treadmill to move faster than 5 miles per hour.
-They could not provide a receipt in the morning because the desk clerk could not log onto the system. I did receive it by e-mail an hour later.

There are two adjacent Hilton properties that had packed parking lots. It is always a bad sign that one hotel is empty while it's sister properties are full.

Location (and this applies to Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Hilton Extended stay): Adjacent/easy walk to Target and REI. There is a bike path, Nooncreek Trail, one block away starting at the corner of Cobb and Barett Lakes

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for you experienced during your stay at our property. We are going through a major renovation that will bring our property up to standards along with all modern technology for the rooms and the fitness center. We try to make all of our guest 100% satisfy and I am sorry this was not the case during your stay. I would love for you to come and stay a night on us after our renovation is completed. Your can contact me at 770-426-0017
Solon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I used this hotel once for business travel and hope to never do it again. The TV didn't work and they told me it would be replaced, which didn't happen. Carpets were old and stained. Water went from cold to very hot during the shower without notice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for taking the time to comment on our property.
Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent two night here. Was on Business in the area. The staff was very impersonal. I alway reserve a king room, but got a queen smoking. Very dated rooms, but were clean.

My HHonor's status was not acknowledged or any benefits granted. I found the room to be very expensive for the comfort level of service.

The internet was terrible, very very slow. ended up using my 3G connection on my phone. Was much faster.

Did not eat breakfast as had early morning meetings. But my suggested is go to the Holiday Inn across the freeway. Much better value for money. Newer cleaner and same price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry for your experienced during your stay at our property. We have started our renovation the update our property. Please feel free to give me a call so that you can come back and stay a night on us after our renovation.
Murphy, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My wife and I got away for a weekend, first time in 5 years! The room was perfect, the staff was so friendly and helpful. We got into town early, and they let us check in, then at the last minute we decided to stay another night and they were so nice and got us the same room!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. Rooms were quiet and very comfortable. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw? Share your experiences!