“Worst staff and rooms stunk” 1 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worst staff and rooms stunk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I went to this hotel and the night shift staff was so slow. He didn't know how to do the check in. He said check out was at 8am. The tv didn't work in the room. The covers smelt like urine. The carpet was old. Then in the morning they charged us an extra $16 because the previous night the night shift clerk forgot to do the tax,and we complained to the manager she acted like it was our fault. They need to orientate the clerk betters. Breakfast was horrible. I Would never go back to this hotel. It's like super 8motel..

Room Tip: Pass exit 269, go to the one near Cumberland mall. Better hotels
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our property. We are going through a major renovation and will be updating the entire property. I also apolgize for the slow check-in . Whenever a guest check-in during a certain part of our audit it does slow our system down. We try our best to train our staff to make sure each guest have an speedy and efficient check-in I am sorry this was not the case during your check-in. I will like for you to please give us another try and visit us after our renovation for a night stay on us. Please do not hesistate to contact at 770-426-0017

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is under renovation through October 2012. This typically does not bother me as I am never in a hotel during the day when I travel on business. However, the whole hotel seems to be having some issues:
- The rooms are dated and need refurbishing
- The fitness room has three pieces of equipment, all of which clank loudly. I could not get the treadmill to move faster than 5 miles per hour.
-They could not provide a receipt in the morning because the desk clerk could not log onto the system. I did receive it by e-mail an hour later.

There are two adjacent Hilton properties that had packed parking lots. It is always a bad sign that one hotel is empty while it's sister properties are full.

Location (and this applies to Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, and Hilton Extended stay): Adjacent/easy walk to Target and REI. There is a bike path, Nooncreek Trail, one block away starting at the corner of Cobb and Barett Lakes

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I apologize for you experienced during your stay at our property. We are going through a major renovation that will bring our property up to standards along with all modern technology for the rooms and the fitness center. We try to make all of our guest 100% satisfy and I am sorry this was not the case during your stay. I would love for you to come and stay a night on us after our renovation is completed. Your can contact me at 770-426-0017
Solon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I used this hotel once for business travel and hope to never do it again. The TV didn't work and they told me it would be replaced, which didn't happen. Carpets were old and stained. Water went from cold to very hot during the shower without notice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Delrenia B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to comment on our property.
Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent two night here. Was on Business in the area. The staff was very impersonal. I alway reserve a king room, but got a queen smoking. Very dated rooms, but were clean.

My HHonor's status was not acknowledged or any benefits granted. I found the room to be very expensive for the comfort level of service.

The internet was terrible, very very slow. ended up using my 3G connection on my phone. Was much faster.

Did not eat breakfast as had early morning meetings. But my suggested is go to the Holiday Inn across the freeway. Much better value for money. Newer cleaner and same price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry for your experienced during your stay at our property. We have started our renovation the update our property. Please feel free to give me a call so that you can come back and stay a night on us after our renovation.
Murphy, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My wife and I got away for a weekend, first time in 5 years! The room was perfect, the staff was so friendly and helpful. We got into town early, and they let us check in, then at the last minute we decided to stay another night and they were so nice and got us the same room!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. Rooms were quiet and very comfortable. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We spent one night here using our Hilton Points. We got there a bit early and they were ready to check us in to our room. The desk folks were very attentive and helpful with check in and giving us directions and a few tips for things to see and places to eat.
Free wi fi was great. This is not a business hotel, so there were not many outlets near the desk or in the room for easy accessiblity, but all the lights were working and the room and bathroom were very clean. Towels were a bit thin but there were plenty. They also provided lotion, shampoo and conditioner. The headboards on the beds were an outdated shape and blond color and the curtains over the windows had several holes in them. The duvets on the beds were full of big lumps - not sure what that was all about but they were clean. However, poor first impression. The carpet was clean and looked more updated. Bathroom looked fine.
This is not a large Hampton Inn and there is one elevator which empties out right by the breakfast area. I would say this is a dated older property and is ready for a remodel. The floral carpets in the breakfast area are dated and the room itself is very small compared to the newer Hamptons.
Breakfast was waffles, bacon and then french toast, which seemed a bit redundant to me. There was fresh fruit, cold cereal, instant hot cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit juice and good coffee with flavored creamers. TV was good in the breakfast area.
The fitness room was very small and the machine we used for bicycling did not really seem to work for any resistance. This too was by the breakfast area. The outdoor pool was closed for the season. Our room view overlooked the drained pool - not sure why they would give us that room as the hotel had very few people there that weekend.
It's a bit tricky getting into the parking lot from the street because of limited access.
There is a Golden Corral on the main street in front of this hotel.

Probably the location was the best part of this Hampton Inn. It is right off I - 75 and is on the main thoroughfare that runs through the business part of Kennesaw. The university is one exit away. There is a Walmart and a Publix about a quarter mile away.
Kennesaw National Battlefield is a free park; there is a great view at the top of the mountain and we could drive the car up there. Although, if we had time, I would have enjoyed the hike up because it was a gentle climb.
There is a nice picnic area at the park; it's very shady with plenty of tables.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. Ou property undergoing our a major renovation as of today. Please feel free to come back and stay a night on us after our renovation is completed. You can contact me at 770-426-0017

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Town Center / Kennesaw? Share your experiences!