“This place is very overpriced and way to formal.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Kennesaw, Georgia, USA
“This place is very overpriced and way to formal.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This restauraunt is way to formal and overpriced for its location. The food was marginal. Place needs a good cleaning especially the ceilings and window blinds. I would not go back to Capers.

Kennesaw, Georgia

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Powder Springs, GA
“A Really Classy Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I've been to the old location many times and always enjoyed the eclectic decor. Even the occasional train going by added to the uniqueness of the place. It was with mixed feelings that I ventured into the new location off Barrett Parkway. I was not disappointed. Steve and Veronica have once again showed that they have flair and style. I love the animal print chairs in the reception area and in the main restaurant. Warm lamps and pillows finish off the look. The floor plan includes a couple of private areas that are not totally separated from the main restaurant area (I hate when private means a totally separate room) but is nicely separated with columns to give you the feeling of having your own space. The menu continues to be in the tradition of the former location - nicely gourmet. Great place to go for a nice glass of wine and dinner with good friends. Capers brought their uniqueness with them to the new area. They're a nice touch. Even though the outdoor seating is right off the parking area of the strip mall, Capers manages to create a cozy atmosphere there with flowing white table cloths. The owners know what they are doing in the style department. The combination of upscale menu and upscale atmosphere - and at good value - makes this Capers a wonderful place to go. I'm a stickler for style and class when I go out to dinner. Capers delivers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennesaw, Georgia
“A definite "try it"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We were headed to Olive Garden, stopped for gas and decided to try Capers rather than continue on busy Barrett Parkway. What a pleasant surprise! The restaurant has a very nice, relaxed vibe and the food was excellent. My husband had fried catfish with sweet potatoes and I had the shrimp and crab paste. Both were excellent as well as the bruchetta we had for an appetizer. That said, my margarita was nothing special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ripping off women still reigns.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

My friend happened to be on this side of town and had lunch at the restaurant. We are always looking for new places and one of the things she noted was that even though the cheapest glass of wine was $7.50, at least it was filled to the top. We looked at the menu and decided to try it for dinner this Saturday. The place was full and we sat at the bar with our husbands and ordered a glass of the house chardonnay.

The bartender, on this night of March 13, Andrew, gave us the wimpiest glass of wine and we actually told him that it seemed very lacking. His snooty reply was that we got 6 ounces and that if my friend had gotten more previously then the waiter must have “over poured.” So much for satisfying the customer.

I’ve got to tell you that even if this restaurant is doing well now, word gets around. If male customers ordered a bottle of beer and received a third of a bottle, they wouldn’t find it acceptable. Yet, establishments such as this continue to think it acceptable to rip women off I assure this restaurant that women notice and when treated with this sort of disrespect we share the word. Bottom line, in most cases, women choose the restaurant and restaurant managers would do well to understand that greed and chauvinism will come back to bite them. I will never go to this establishment again and will make sure to advise my many contacts to do the same.

Shame on you.