“Unsanitary and unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
GA
“Unsanitary and unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I dined at Capers for the first time last week. I came in for lunch on a Friday afternoon and had planned to come another time for dinner but let me tell you why I won’t. Since the air conditioner doesn’t work that well, I asked to be seated inside. The hostess sat me by a window. I heard the food was great here. However, my service was not. The lunch shift was terribly slow, and I didn’t see a reason as to why I had to wait almost 30 minutes for a MEDIUM RARE entrée. I ordered bruchetta as an appetizer (which came out burnt) Strike 1. As my main meal, I decided to try the Hawaiian Ribeye that the waiter spoke of. While I was waiting for my entrée, I noticed that there were dead bugs collected in the windowsill by my table. I brushed it off because another window was also open so I figured that the flies and beetles naturally flew inside. BUT why are they dead? Did someone kill them and just leave them there? Strike 2. While I continued to wait, I saw one of the female waitresses waiting by the bar. She looked at the wall, gasped, and went to get my server. He came out the kitchen and KILLED A BUG WITH MY PLATE OF FOOD IN HIS HAND. He then had the nerve to look at me and chuckle and set my steak down in front of me. STRIKE 3. By the time I actually received my food, I had waited so long and I was thoroughly disgusted I asked for a box to “take it home”. I paid for my food, left a tip, and walked out. Upon my exit, the hostess (I guess the chef’s wife…?) was on her cell phone and reading a magazine. She said, “OK! Bye bye!” and continued her convo on her cell phone. What an unprofessional and unsanitary environment. I AM NEVER COMING BACK TO CAPERS. And the people who actually suggested it to me will be notified about how nasty it is there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Brunch on Sunday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

We went to Capers today for brunch after church. We are visting our son and family in Kennesaw and wanted to take them out for a quick lunch. We got there about 12:30. No problem with getting a table today. The host gave us the menu, and we were disappointed that there was no breakfast items on the menu...only lunch items. But we asked the waitress when she brought the coffee, and she rattled off 5 items that were not listed on the menu. We ordered blueberry pancakes and Peach French toast....2 orders of each. The pancake order came with 2 huge pancakes with whipped cream and a container of blueberry syrup on the side. This was enough for 2 people to share!! And they were delicious.!!
The French toast was filled with cream cheese and fresh peaches, with a peach syrup. It was also delicious!! The French toast order was not so large, so all the French toast was eaten. The waitress kept our coffee cups filled, and we really enjoyed the service.

The train did come by one time, as one person complained, but I thought it added to the atmosphere. We've eaten here each time we come to visit our son, and we've never been disappointed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Drove pass many time but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Drove pass many time but never thought to stop by. Last week after reading the comment on west cobb magazine, me husband nad I made decision to give them a try. It's not disappointed us at all, instead this is one of the best restaurant in our town .... Kennesaw! Good food with good service and reasonable price. Two thumbs up!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“This is a Gem of a restaurant. My wife and I moved to Kennesaw 6 months ago and have been to Capers numerous times...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

This is a Gem of a restaurant. My wife and I moved to Kennesaw 6 months ago and have been to Capers numerous times. The food and service have always been wonderful, Veronica has always been a gracious hostess, and the dishes the chef creates are always spot on. The ambiance is also great, and even thought the train can be a bit loud at times, but if anything it adds to this restaurant's charm. I have also visited with out of town clients and they always leave with good memories of this place. Great Job!

Atlanta
“sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

Called ahead and arrived on time at 7:00 PM. Then told it would be an hour by the disappearing hostess who turns out to be the chefs/owners wife. After an hour of hearing "your next", it took 1 hour & 45 minutes to get a table. During that time we saw a hostess maybe twice to find out what was going on. Once seated we could see into the kitchen area and there was the hostess standing behind the door & not paying attention to the people still waiting outside. The food was good but not worth the wait and the poor customer service. There are several other great places to eat in the area.