“A Consistently Good Dinner Out” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, GA
“A Consistently Good Dinner Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We dine out quite a bit and I've tried to get my mom (86) to branch out to other restaurants when we have extended family dinners out - but she won't budge - and I guess I can see why. This location has a phone ahead preferential seating service. You can make your "reservation" (not really) for any time and it guarantees you won't wait more than 30 minutes for a table when you arrive. In essence you move further up the wait list than others - even if they arrived ahead of you. The servers bring out fresh, warm bread and set out the oil/dipping spices plates. We order a few appetizers for the table to share. Everybody digs in. The menu doesn't seem to change much but we all have our favorites. Prices are a little high for what it is - pasta - but I guess it is the going rate and we keep going!. I usually order the linguine pescatore (pasta with seafood) and I've noticed there's more linguine - less pescatore - over the last few visits. Muscles arrive with one or two empty. : \. But with the included salad (house or caesar) the appetizers and bread - I'd never come close to finishing the pasta anyway. The drinks get replenished, usually two pleasant waiters work with the table ensuring orders are taken promptly and all food is served at the same time. Bellies get full and people come away happy. While there are surely more upscale - and yes, tastier, choices - especially in the metro Atlanta area - this restaurant provides consistent fare that keeps our family coming back for more. If Mom aint happy - aint nobody happy - right?

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Louisville Ky
“Nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

What you expect from a national chain - no surprises. The food and service mirror other Carrabba Restaurants across the country.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was expecting a much better experience when we dined at Carabba's. The food was average and somewhat overpriced. The service was less than stellar. We waited for quite some time after asking for our check. We also witnessed one of the servers play with here hair (a long ponytail) repeatedly, and then handle silverware. With all the options available in the area, I don't think we'll be dining at Carabba's anytime soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“One of my Favorite Italian Places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am from NY and am hard to please with most food. You can't get the same Italian here as NY. However Carrabba's is a place I love to go. The food is consistant and good. The atmosphere is really nice and the waitstaff has always been more than friendly and helpful.

Visited August 2012
Canada
“Best Service Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

After traveling all day from Windsor, Ontario I would have been very happy with anything........however....Justin our server has been one of the very few times in my life to exceed my expectations. This included automatically bringing extra lemons for our water or just in case we wanted some for our mussels. He was very courteous and attentive. Many times he checked to be sure that we were happy with our meal. He even went as far as mentioning to the manager that we made a comment on the size of the mussels. Our meal was very good and comparable to other Carrabba's that we frequent in Florida.
Unfortunately I left my sweater at the restaurant and after arriving in Florida phoned the restaurant and spoke with Tracy who said she would mail it out the next day.....at no cost to me.
That is great service.....

• Visited October 2012