“Try their Fried Green Tomatoes!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 240 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Marietta, GA
“Try their Fried Green Tomatoes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had a very late lunch on Saturday with my parents, after visiting the nearby Southern Museum (wonderful exhibit covering railroad history during the Civil War including the great locomotive chase and the steam locomotive involved in that, the General…definitely recommend a visit if you have any interest in local history).

It was about 3:30 PM when we arrived, and the tiny parking lot was full, but a couple of cars started to leave, just as I was starting to consider other parking options. After going inside, the restaurant was only about 10-15% occupied at that off-peak time, so they definitely don’t have adequate parking for a full house. But the restaurant is sandwiched in between double railroad tracks on one side and Main Street in downtown Kennesaw on the other.

We ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes as a shared appetizer...very tasty with roasted peppers, goat cheese and a red pepper sauce. I ordered the Reuben sandwich…also very tasty, and on a par with the Reuben from Howard’s Deli in Smyrna, close to my home. The house-made potato chips that accompanied the sandwich were rather greasy but tasty...I’d probably try the potato salad, southern slaw, or French fries next time.

Mom and Dad shared a Cuban sandwich and a bowl of crab bisque soup, which they enjoyed. Drinks are served in 1-quart Mason jars…I was really thirsty, but even that size didn’t need refilling with iced tea for me.

The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating without being intrusive and the restaurant itself is comfortable and very nicely decorated, with appropriate railroad photos and other local memorabilia.

All in all, it was a very pleasant lunch experience, and I would definitely dine here again if in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Absolutely Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

After living here for 7 years, met a friend for lunch at Trackside Grill. Why have I not been here before? Great food, ambience, perfect place.

Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Celebrating the 4th of July!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had a wonderful time celebrating the 4th of July at the Trackside Grill! If you want to eat outside (in the courtyard or on the rooftop) so that you can watch the fireworks, you MUST make a reservation! Eating in the air conditioned interior is not a problem. The menu is limited, but their southern specialties are always delicious! We had buttermilk fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and cole slaw with a small American flag placed in the chicken. The table was ours for the entire evening, and the view of the fireworks was great! Of course, the name "Trackside Grill" comes from the fact that the RR tracks run right behind the restaurant, so the trains were coming and going throughout the evening; but that is part of the ambiance of being in downtown Kennesaw.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Good, but not outstanding!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

1. We ordered water-no ice, and got warm water that tasted like tap water, so we asked for some ice to make it tolerable. Most places, the water is filtered and chilled, at least. 2. The blackened grouper sandwich that my wife ordered was excellent. 3. The Southern roast pork dinner that I ordered was O.K. The meat was good but not super tender, and was a generous portion size, and the gravy had a good flavor. The potatoes and collards were scant, maybe 1/2 to 1/3 the size that a man would expect. The waitress was not friendly at all, and we had quite a wait before we could order. Overall, I can recommend Trackside grill, but while the prices were upscale, and I would consider the food pretty good quality, I would not consider the food a "good value". Don't go here if you are really hungry!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montezuma, Georgia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We love this southern place. We enjoyed the patio.

Visited April 2012

Been to Trackside Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Trackside Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;