“Plesant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
“Plesant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a neighborhood bar type place, and we were not expecting much. They have daily specials and on Mondays (day we went) it is prime rib. It is a buy one get one free, or half price for prime rib which was $11.50 instead of the regular $22.95 price. What deal!

The food was very good, and the service was great. We had a very attentaive waiter, and a lot of support help. Overall a great experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
“Really Good Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

The menu is huge, and the prices are actually shockingly low. The atmosphere is really fun. Great for a family or a group of friends. The hostess was amazing, but our server--not so much. Barely came to our table. When we asked for a drink menu, she said there wasn't one. So, we asked what kind of specials or what they have. She said (literally) "we have everything". We weren't given any drink suggestions, specials, prices, etc. This seemed a little off for a restaurant that clearly makes their $$ off alcohol sales. Overall, we had a great time and we will be back.

Acworth, GA
“Family friendly & fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A really great "neighborhood" restaurant. We are regulars and friends with the staff. They love our 2 year old who roams around freely greeting everyone. It's a nice place to feel like we can "go to a bar" (which is SO rare) yet also have a family meal. There are always meal and drinks specials... the food is always delicious, no matter what you try... I am a fan of the grouper, my husband loves the cheeseburgers, but everything we try is always tasty, large portion and decent in price.

There are TVs all around the bar area so you can catch every game, and you can see a fair amount of them from the dining area. The sound is never too loud that you can't enjoy your meal and conversation during brunch, lunch or dinner.

Later at night there is some sort of music or game or dj going on, which is great for the younger crowd, and again more drink specials for food industry people and college kids, KSU is right up the street. My husband and I used to come here before we had our baby, it was always a fun time!

All around great service, great food and great atmosphere. They also opened a new location in Woodstock, haven't been there yet, but have heard all good things!!

• Visited December 2012
Kennesaw, Georgia
“A New Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Got a call from Bill Tarwater asking about his bar & grill participating in the Marine Corps Toys 4 Tots program. As one of the local Marine corps league contacts I was able to get him collection boxes. While I was there with my wife we decided to get something to eat. I was pleasently suprised as to the quality of the fish & chips( for me) and the meatloaf for the wife. We have now eaten there several times and I've brought friends with us each time. We are never disappointed. Food is prepared properly, service is excellent and attentive and the prices reasonable. I brought my daughter, who is a Gator fan in for the GA-FLA football game. We had a blast. Meet several other Marines and gator fans and had an all around good time.

• Visited October 2012
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Not your average tavern food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have eaten here several times. I have been a repeat customer because the food is consistently good and the portions are BIG. When you order a wrap here, be prepared to take half home because it is TWO meals!

I've tried it all here; fish, chicken,beef, burgers, shrimp...nothing to complain about. AND the prices are reasonable. They have $6.99 specials. The service is just as good as the food also. I highly recommend checking them out when in the area!

• Visited May 2012