“Not your average tavern food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Not your average tavern food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have eaten here several times. I have been a repeat customer because the food is consistently good and the portions are BIG. When you order a wrap here, be prepared to take half home because it is TWO meals!

I've tried it all here; fish, chicken,beef, burgers, shrimp...nothing to complain about. AND the prices are reasonable. They have $6.99 specials. The service is just as good as the food also. I highly recommend checking them out when in the area!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Kennesaw, Georgia
“BEST Burger Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am a critique of restaurants and want to get the best food and service for my hard earned dollar so when I find the good and the bad, I make sure my voice gets heard by leaving my reviews on TripAdvisor so local and traveling folks can visit or stay away from different businesses.

Reviewing local restaurants from friends and online review sites, I found a hidden jewel in my local area of Kennesaw, Georgia that is well worth the visit.

Upon entry to Gustons, I was greeted with a friendly hostess who promptly seated my lunch companion and I at a booth in the clean and typically arranged grill restaurant.

Being a burger lover, and doubter as well, I ordered the Williams Burger with French-Fries ($7.95), medium-rare, 10 oz. of char-grilled beef on a toasted sesame-seed bun. I don't like to mess with the taste of a burger or steak with sauce or other additives, so I asked for the 'garden' on the side and was happy to see my order arrive just as expected.

The burger was cooked to perfection and better than I could make at home in the same amount of time or even longer due to prep-time. The fries were straight-cut fries and appeared to be coated in some type of very light batter or cooked in a different way that made them more crunchy. While the fries were cooked, I didn't care for them. I prefer krinkle-fries honestly and have been told by Bill, 1/2 the partnership/investor, that most folks like the fries, but my preference is not for the fries :).

The sweet-tea, I ordered 1/2 sweet and 1/2 un-sweet tea, tasted good and was served promptly and eagerly.

I have since brought 3 new people to enjoy the meal I enjoy and have been told it is the best burger they have had in ages, let alone the best in any diner in our area.

Sarah, bar-maiden, said that the other items on the menu are well worth trying and just as good as the Williams Burger, but I can hardly think of another meal that I enjoy than their great burger! She also said that the working environment was better than most and that the workers are treated as well as the customers, which was OUTSTANDING as far as my review of the establishment goes.

This is one place that is family friendly, customer service oriented, clean, and just plain deserving of your time and money to visit, and I go there regularly now!

Please feel free to rate my review of this place, it is a jewel!

• Visited October 2012